The most inspirational player on your team?

Originally Posted by The Minister

deangelo hall

Please explain. From his days with the Falcons....to his VT days, he's been an +%+!%@+. I got stories about this dude. Pleaseeeee explain.

amare. his dad died when he was young, mom in and out of jail, he went to a bunch of different high schools. thats ALOT of #%*+ for a teen to go through. to grow up from that situation, skip college and go straight to the pros, and still grow into a professional that was able to bring the knicks back to relevance and do exceptionally well with our notorious media is pretty inspiring when he could have easily become a victim of his environment and rough upbringing.

edit: and bouncing back from microfracture and being at risk for blindness. also almost immediately silencing his critics about being useless without nash by being the early mvp pick by most of the media.

amare. his dad died when he was young, mom in and out of jail, he went to a bunch of different high schools. thats ALOT of #%*+ for a teen to go through. to grow up from that situation, skip college and go straight to the pros, and still grow into a professional that was able to bring the knicks back to relevance and do exceptionally well with our notorious media is pretty inspiring when he could have easily become a victim of his environment and rough upbringing.

edit: and bouncing back from microfracture and being at risk for blindness. also almost immediately silencing his critics about being useless without nash by being the early mvp pick by most of the media.

Charles Woodson. Does so much to help kids and almost none of it is in the news because he keeps it low key. He doesn't want the extra attention, only to help out.

Charles Woodson. Does so much to help kids and almost none of it is in the news because he keeps it low key. He doesn't want the extra attention, only to help out.

derek_fisher.jpg

the co-captain of the Lakeshow. he makes sure we dont get too high over a win and too low over a loss. clutch during the playoffs and even puts our best player's place when needed to ala game 7 of the nba finals last year. fish is definitely not our best player, 2nd, 3rd or even 4th but he brings toughness and leadership every championship team needs. which makes him just as important as kobe, pau, drew and lamar.

nuff said. leads by example. the secretary of defense. i'd say its a split between him, takeo and frank but p.willis is the a straight monster.
pimp.gif

derek_fisher.jpg

the co-captain of the Lakeshow. he makes sure we dont get too high over a win and too low over a loss. clutch during the playoffs and even puts our best player's place when needed to ala game 7 of the nba finals last year. fish is definitely not our best player, 2nd, 3rd or even 4th but he brings toughness and leadership every championship team needs. which makes him just as important as kobe, pau, drew and lamar.

nuff said. leads by example. the secretary of defense. i'd say its a split between him, takeo and frank but p.willis is the a straight monster.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Shawne Williams- Dude battled through alcoholism and a drug habit. Bounced around the league a bit and finally found a steady place on the Knicks. Dude is a major contributor.

alg_shawne_williams.jpg

Anthony Carter- If you read up on him, you'll know why. Dude used to run the streets of Atlanta was on a bad road filled with violence and poverty.

Anthony+Carter+New+York+Knicks+v+Dallas+Mavericks+KnJzxubHAdKl.jpg

Even Sheldon Williams.. I see him bring so much hustle, even though I never thought he would even get play time. Really tries to make a name.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Shawne Williams- Dude battled through alcoholism and a drug habit. Bounced around the league a bit and finally found a steady place on the Knicks. Dude is a major contributor.

alg_shawne_williams.jpg

Anthony Carter- If you read up on him, you'll know why. Dude used to run the streets of Atlanta was on a bad road filled with violence and poverty.

Anthony+Carter+New+York+Knicks+v+Dallas+Mavericks+KnJzxubHAdKl.jpg

Even Sheldon Williams.. I see him bring so much hustle, even though I never thought he would even get play time. Really tries to make a name.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

derek_fisher.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

derek_fisher.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Phinsin06

Udonis Haslem.  Twice now he's taken less money to remain with the team who gave him his first shot.  Always has his teammates backs.  The definition of blue collar.  Team and winning above all.

udonis-haslem-down.png
who are you?

Originally Posted by Phinsin06

Udonis Haslem.  Twice now he's taken less money to remain with the team who gave him his first shot.  Always has his teammates backs.  The definition of blue collar.  Team and winning above all.

udonis-haslem-down.png
who are you?

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

I broke down to tears when Brian Scalabrine went to the Bulls.

I <3 Brian Scalabrine.

He works out with all our bigs all the time.

I know this will sound very weird.  But Asik credits his improvement this year to constantly playing Scalabrine one on one after practices.  Scalabrine started out usually beating him.  Now Asik beats him all the time. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

I broke down to tears when Brian Scalabrine went to the Bulls.

I <3 Brian Scalabrine.

He works out with all our bigs all the time.

I know this will sound very weird.  But Asik credits his improvement this year to constantly playing Scalabrine one on one after practices.  Scalabrine started out usually beating him.  Now Asik beats him all the time. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom