The most powerful production V8 in the world

so every luxury car has horrible maintenance costs? LMAO, you don't even own one so how would you know?

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

Originally Posted by Crime Wave

nerd.gif

The E92 was created before the 5.0 so I think it's an unfair comparison, in some sense. I willing to bet the F10 M3 will probably perform better.

BTW, da biggest advocate for da american cars, doesn't even have a car
tongue.gif

^That

Originally Posted by infam0usP

so every luxury car has horrible maintenance costs? LMAO, you don't even own one so how would you know?
oh really champ?

name a luxury car that matters that is cheap to maintain brand new....ill wait
grin.gif
da only thing u can POSSIBLLY say is domestic luxury brands, buick, caddy.....olds and merc don't exist anymore..lincoln is irrelavant outside of their

navigator and towncars..

so yes, if you buy a SRT8 charger, SS camaro, Ford mustang GT brand new which was 40ish out da door, you wont lose a LIONSHARE'S of its worth to depreciation vs you purchasing a AMG benz or M status BMW...thats FACT.

da damn M3 cost 2x as much as da mustang brand new for example...da CTS-V cost less then 1/2 da amount of da M5...

on another note, Ford and inject as much steroids in da mustang all it wants because it doesn't have a car in da same segment (should've kept making da FORD GT) as da corvette...GM will not allow anything to be more powerful then da vette..last time that happen

was when da grand national was more powerful then da vette from da same year.

I'm in Munich now. It's 4 AM local and I can't sleep cuz I take delivery of my new M3 Sedan this afternoon. I'll shut the General Forum down when I post pics.

Originally Posted by bruza

I'm in Munich now. It's 4 AM local and I can't sleep cuz I take delivery of my new M3 Sedan this afternoon. I'll shut the General Forum down when I post pics.

M3 shutting the forum down? lulz

you know theres 2 dudes with R8's on here right? 2 guys with GTR's and another dude with Ferrari and some other exotics. get off your high horse.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

you know theres 2 dudes with R8's on here right? 2 guys with GTR's and another dude with Ferrari and some other exotics. get off your high horse.

laugh.gif
 You're right. 

Won't shut the forum down but the Euro Delivery as a whole is something nice. Especially breaking the M in on the Autobahn. 
eek.gif

Just been wanting an M for years and I'm finally getting one.  It is an unusual color combo though (Lemans Blue/ Fox Red) 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
 You're right. 

Won't shut the forum down but the Euro Delivery as a whole is something nice. Especially breaking the M in on the Autobahn. 
eek.gif

Just been wanting an M for years and I'm finally getting one.  It is an unusual color combo though (Lemans Blue/ Fox Red) 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

While we're talking about interiors, why don't we post pics of interiors we do like?

I love the Lamborghini Superleggera's cockpit. The dashboard is clean and alcantara is ridiculous
pimp.gif

%24%28KGrHqR,%21i4E7FuP+jt3BOyIerzwsQ%7E%7E_4.JPG

...Yes, actually. You think luxury car companies are can sell cars to people that demand luxury in the car, but don't mind Sweaty McSweatsalot doing a $20 oil change with the wrong weight?
Do YOU own a luxury car? If so, do YOU take YOUR luxury car to the dealer or did you just say "Eff a warranty," and take it to Uncle Jane's Auto Shop?

For the record, previously a Cadillac owner, currently a Ford owner.

Oil changes were a deal on the Caddy (8qts of oil @ $4/qt vs. oil change at the dealer with all oil included for $45 total).

Everything else was insane, but totally worth it.

Originally Posted by scshift

While we're talking about interiors, why don't we post pics of interiors we do like?

I love the Lamborghini Superleggera's cockpit. The dashboard is clean and alcantara is ridiculous
pimp.gif

suede everywhere
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
my goodness, id love to drive that

LOL why so serious. Calm down man, breathe. 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

oh really champ?

grin.gif
da only thing u can POSSIBLLY say is domestic luxury brands, buick, caddy.....olds and merc don't exist anymore..lincoln is irrelavant outside of their

navigator and towncars..

so yes, if you buy a SRT8 charger, SS camaro, Ford mustang GT brand new which was 40ish out da door, you wont lose a LIONSHARE'S of its worth to depreciation vs you purchasing a AMG benz or M status BMW...thats FACT.

da damn M3 cost 2x as much as da mustang brand new for example...da CTS-V cost less then 1/2 da amount of da M5...
Do you understand that there is no maintenance costs for brand new BMW's? So that equates to $0. Good try champ, try again. And one more thing champ, the CTS-V costs less than 1/2 than the M5? Show me a Brand New M5 that costs's 140,000. The Cts-V starts at 64,000, so according to your statement, the M5 should start at $128,000, correct? Funny though, because the E60 M5's started at @ $90,000 and the F10 will start around $93,000...like I said before, good try champ, but try again. It must hurt you, to speak from DA butt. 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

oh really champ?

grin.gif

navigator and towncars..

You sound very uneducated. Especially when talking about cars.

Im sorry, go see how much a srt8 goes for and you'd be surprised. Even m5's 2 generations ago cost more then the last generation charger/challenger/jeep or any SRT(no viper) 

lincoln town car great example why american cars are STUPID TRASH. 

$47,000+(BASE PRICE) for a not even 240hp, 16/24 mpg(not great), 4 speed automatic. 

you have to be mentally ******ed to buy one or seriously patriotic. BMW 4 year warranty and maintenance. Any american companies touching that? Nah CHAMP. 

pimp.gif

suede everywhere
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Exactly. All Alcantara Everything
devil.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif

^^ I feel like there's too much silver/shiny chrome in that interior. The whole thing looks like a more elegant/classy style interior with the circular knobs, chronograph dials and analog clock.

I prefer the racier and brash cockpit of the Lambo. Not a big fan of luxury interiors.

Theres a place for both. If I had the money I wouldn't want to be in a racy car all the time. ^ Thats that take the wife out for a nice night or cruise 'long the coastline as the sun sets kinda vibe.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Each to his own. Personally I'd use all the money for lightweight supercars... I'm not really inclined towards luxury cars or even cars with 4 doors.

I'd take my girl to dinner and around the city in this:

01-porsche-911-gt3-rs-live-620op.jpg

pimp.gif

%24%28KGrHqR,%21i4E7FuP+jt3BOyIerzwsQ~~_4.JPG
suede everywhere
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

devil.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif

sick.gif
... In a bad way. The interior layout is sweet, but the alcantara dash is just too much IMO. 

pimp.gif

suede everywhere
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

devil.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif
After a while that 
devil.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif
, will turn into 
mad.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. Alcantara and Suede quickly fade and look like crap after a good amount of use. 
BTW, this is a proper "race car" interior...

epcp_0802_07_z+ferrari_f430_scuderia_steering_wheel+interior_view.jpg

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Take lots of pics.

Pics will be posted soon.  I'm still in Germany and haven't had a chance to start a thread yet.  Been driving the new M on the Autobahn for the past couple days.
eek.gif

Dropping the car off tomorrow for re-delivery to the US (8-10 weeks shipping time to the west coast 
frown.gif
).

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

After a while that 
devil.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif
, will turn into 
mad.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. Alcantara and Suede quickly fade and look like crap after a good amount of use. 

I thought Alcantara was much more durable than leather and suede? From what I've read from owners, their leather interiors crack and crease while those with the Alcantara can just brush over the material and it looks great again.

I don't like the Ferrari interiors at all. I know those are proper race car interiors, but that's OD to me for anything less than a track car. Porsche, Lamborghini and the McLaren MP4-12C all have excellent interiors to me, they're not luxurious or hollowed out like the Ferrari but they're sleek and refined while looking high quality.

scshift wrote:
MyJaysGetRocked wrote:
After a while that 
devil.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif
, will turn into 
mad.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I thought Alcantara was much more durable than leather and suede? From what I've read from owners, their leather interiors crack and crease while those with the Alcantara can just brush over the material and it looks great again.

I don't like the Ferrari interiors at all. I know those are proper race car interiors, but that's OD to me for anything less than a track car. Porsche, Lamborghini and the McLaren MP4-12C all have excellent interiors to me, they're not luxurious or hollowed out like the Ferrari but they're sleek and refined while looking high quality.

Manufacturers like to boast that alcantara is more "durable" than leather or suede but the number one reason for its use in in the cockpit is the fact it is completley flame ******ant. Race cars have been using it for decades to keep drivers a little safer in the event of a collision. Its also a bit lighter than comparable natrual materials.

The "durability" of alcantara is really a matter of opinion. 
laugh.gif
 your probably thinking " how the hell can durability be a matter of opinion ? " Well, while the material is extremely strong and wont crack or crease like natural leather, it does compress and discolor alittle faster than suede and much faster than leather. So if your kinda OCD and want your 6 figure whip to look ABSOLUTLEY PERFECT , this probably isn't the best option. If you want somthing you can drive every day for 50 years and never have to worry about a crack or a crease then its a great option lolz.

IMO its like clear soles on kicks...  Great looking when brand new and extremely physically durable, but still ages extremely fast visually.

Oddly enough, top of the line makes like Porsche and Lamborghini have actually been known produce some of the worst alcantara interiors. Many people complain of  having bald and discolored steering wheels and shift knobs in as little as 15k miles
sick.gif
. From what I have seen Subaru STIs actually have the most durable alcantara interiors. I have seen many Ru's with over 100k that, have fresher interiors than someone I know 1 year old Audi with 9k.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom