The most powerful production V8 in the world

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by RFX45

With all these interior talks, to me it doesn't matter if it's retro inspired or modern but it has to be of good quality, especially for that price. For a $60k-$70k car, I don't want painted plastics and fake aluminum trims. That is why even if I looking for a fast car, the ZR1 is probably not going to be on my short list because they feel cheap inside and out. For the price, I'd probably get an R8 or an Aston Martin V8 Vantage and sacrifice the power. I know others opinion may vary but to me that plays a part in the vehicle.
how "nice in your interior is" is subjective...horsepower and specs are absolute....
i can careless if my interior is cute or not...its a damn muscle car, not a media center...if anything everything would be off cuz i wanna hear da engine roar.....
pimp.gif
I specifically leave out the "look" and "design" aspect of the interior because it is subjective but I still want the interior to be well made. I don't want the dash pieces falling off or the paint fading and flaking off after a few years. I don't even want that in a $20k car let alone a $60k+ car. Again, it's not about being cute or manly or the sound of that V8 or the media center, I want a quality interior for the price I would be paying, after all I will be spending more time inside the car driving it than staring at it from the outside just to hear it roar. I want to be comfortable inside and feel confident that nothing will fall off or squeak and rattle when I'm driving. That was merely the point I am making with my post. 
If you are perfectly fine with painted plastic interior and fake chrome accents falling off after a year or two, then I am not going to argue there because that is your choice. Like I said, others opinion will vary. To me, if I'm spending that kind of money, no matter how much power it has, the interior can be as plain as possible with just a tach and simple radio head unit, but it better be of good quality.
I am not even arguing about the power, what Ford did for this Mustang is impressive, it really is no matter how you look at it. With what it produces, it really does seem like a bargain for the price. No argument there. 

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

*hasnt read topic*
Let me guess. People are arguing either...

1. Interior designs/materials

2. ______ car handles better than _______. And how domestics can only go fast in a straight line.

3. ______ car is .8 seconds faster than _______ so it automatically makes it 10 times better.

4. ______ car is better than ________ cause its the same performance for half the price.

laugh.gif

Same $@#$@ in every topic. Different strokes for different folks.

PRETTY MUCH.

ON TOP OF THAT SEEMS MOST THE GUYS WHO ARGUE FOR THESE IMPORTS DON'T EVEN OWN THE CARS THEY ARE ARGUING FOR, WHEREAS, IT SEEMS MOST THE DOMESTIC GUYS OWN THE CARS THEY VOUCH FOR.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by Thizz Marley

but even comparing to the gt500 it isn't meant to be plush and comfortable. its meant to go fast. luxury ain't the focus. so why compare it to the BMW?
and I hate mustangs if it matters.
because people hate when an american car out performs a precious BMW.
A $50K+ Mustang with great performance still needs an adequate interior. Econoboxes usually have hard plastic interiors, but Ford has stepped it up with the Focus and Fiesta interior. People are comparing the Mustang to the BMW's performance mostly and the interior of the BMW is just an sidebar advantage. Keyword: adequate, not exactly luxury. Ford will fix this with the new GT500 I hope.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

ON TOP OF THAT SEEMS MOST THE GUYS WHO ARGUE FOR THESE IMPORTS DON'T EVEN OWN THE CARS THEY ARE ARGUING FOR, WHEREAS, IT SEEMS MOST THE DOMESTIC GUYS OWN THE CARS THEY VOUCH FOR.

I think that goes both ways. I doubt many people here own a ZR1 or a GT-R. Simple fact is not many can spend $100k on these super cars.
But to be fair, domestic cars are way cheaper than imports, especially if it is from Germany. 

A V8 Camaro & Mustang starts at $30k-$33k while an M3 starts at $58k, practically double the price so of course domestic cars are more accessible. 

Despite that, I think there are more M3 owners in this forum than V8 Mustang or Camaro owners.

laugh.gif
most of the dudes on here with M3's own 10 year old ones. theres maybe like 4 guys with a newer one.

laugh.gif
most of the dudes on here with M3's own 10 year old ones. theres maybe like 4 guys with a newer one.
Well to be honest I haven't seen many people that own any V8 Camaros/Mustangs either. I've seen at least a handful of people here who has an M3 that are at least 5 years or newer. Heck I think there are at least one person with aGTR in here, parent bought or not, it's still a GTR. Haven't seen anyone own a ZR1 either.

laugh.gif

Post your car. 

m3, which was said by many reviewers to be the best car available for the price and performance.

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

laugh.gif

Post your car. 

m3, which was said by many reviewers to be the best car available for the price and performance.
umm who said that? da gt500 basically almost embarrassed da M3 @ 1/2 da price...let's not even get into this 2013 650hp beast.

Originally Posted by RFX45

laugh.gif
Well to be honest I haven't seen many people that own any V8 Camaros/Mustangs either. I've seen at least a handful of people here who has an M3 that are at least 5 years or newer. Heck I think there are at least one person with aGTR in here, parent bought or not, it's still a GTR. Haven't seen anyone own a ZR1 either.
what? i know theres a few people with SS camaros and large amount is SRT8 charger, challenger, magnum, and jeep.

laugh.gif

Post your car. 

umm who said that? da gt500 basically almost embarrassed da M3 @ 1/2 da price...let's not even get into this 2013 650hp beast.

The mustang with the %#%@$% transmission?

1 video gets posted of a guy with a crappy transmission and now every single mustang has it? SMH

my friend has a 5.0 and has got no problem with it.

laugh.gif

Post your car. 

Think you mean the regular GT. It was within a second of an M3's lap times. They tied from 0-60. Braking from 60-0, skidpad, and quarter mile the Mustang took it. End results were so similar but regardless the Mustang came out on top. And for literally half the price no one can overlook that no matter how much you hate the Mustang or American cars or whatever anti-American car agenda the typical NTer has. Motor Trend also stated the M3 used in the test came with stickier tires and the Mustang with regular street tires. I wish they would state what tires were used to compare cause that's a huge advantage for the M3.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

The mustang with the %#%@$% transmission?

Zyzz wrote:

1 video gets posted of a guy with a crappy transmission and now every single mustang has it? SMH

my friend has a 5.0 and has got no problem with it.

Ehh, I hate to admit it but there have been more than a just few problems with the standard transmissions in the new Mustangs.

Same thing goes for the M3 too though.

BMW M3 Transmission recall

Still wont be as fast as the lower hp GTR.
nor handle tracks/curves like it OR hold its value worth a f*** after a few years of ownership. Domestic cars' resale value <<<<<

Originally Posted by infam0usP

Still wont be as fast as the lower hp GTR.
nor handle tracks/curves like it OR hold its value worth a f*** after a few years of ownership. Domestic cars' resale value <<<<<
VS EURO LUXURY CARS?
laugh.gif

^ you're an idiot if you think a new, fully loaded Mustang/Charger/Challenger would be worth just as much (KBB value, not sold by the owner) as a [comparably priced] NEW Bimmer/Audi/Lexus/Infiniti after 25-50k miles & being kept in great condition

nerd.gif

The E92 was created before the 5.0 so I think it's an unfair comparison, in some sense. I willing to bet the F10 M3 will probably perform better.

Originally Posted by Crime Wave

nerd.gif

The E92 was created before the 5.0 so I think it's an unfair comparison, in some sense. I willing to bet the F10 M3 will probably perform better.
F10 refers to the 5 series chassis. F30,31,32 are the 3/4 series chassis. 

BTW, da biggest advocate for da american cars, doesn't even have a car
tongue.gif

Whoops 
ohwell.gif
 But yeah, the F3x will most likely perform better than both among various road tests.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

yea but thats only 650 to the crank right?

so it actually gets about 553hp to the wheels
All hp numbers you see from manufacturers are always crank horsepower.

Originally Posted by infam0usP

^ you're an idiot if you think a new, fully loaded Mustang/Charger/Challenger would be worth just as much (KBB value, not sold by the owner) as a [comparably priced] NEW Bimmer/Audi/Lexus/Infiniti after 25-50k miles & being kept in great condition
umm it would, or have you forgotten about da HORRIBLE maintenance cost a luxury car generates..

buy a fully loaded SRT8 charger from 2010 VS a fully loaded M3, and let's see which one dropped more percentage wise..its OBVIOUSLY gonna be da luxury car.

Back
Top Bottom