The most powerful production V8 in the world

I'm a BMW type of guy, but the new mustang's interior really isn't bad. You're making it out to be some kind of horrendous, unbearable interior when in reality it is decent.

With all these interior talks, to me it doesn't matter if it's retro inspired or modern but it has to be of good quality, especially for that price. For a $60k-$70k car, I don't want painted plastics and fake aluminum trims. That is why even if I looking for a fast car, the ZR1 is probably not going to be on my short list because they feel cheap inside and out. For the price, I'd probably get an R8 or an Aston Martin V8 Vantage and sacrifice the power. I know others opinion may vary but to me that plays a part in the vehicle.

I'll take a base model 2012 Corvette over this Mustang.
This isn't a base model, but ahhh baby. 
devil.gif

Paul-Sr%E2%80%99s-Black-Corvette-ZO6-4.jpg

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

I'm a BMW type of guy, but the new mustang's interior really isn't bad. You're making it out to be some kind of horrendous, unbearable interior when in reality it is decent.
thats all these guys can do to try an bring down mustangs is talk about interior. once they cant say anything about the engine they move onto the interior like anyone cares lulz.

theres nothing wrong with the mustang interior. its got nice leather seats, leather steering wheel. do i need it to massage my BUTT too while im blowing past an over priced M5?
laugh.gif
if you want the highest quality leather, 20 inch navigation screen and a cooling cup holder than go buy a mercedes.

if anything the worst interior goes to the camaro but thats anothetr story. once again quit with the hate. of course when your paying $90k you better get a nice interior because realistically thats what your paying for, a comfortable nice interior to make you feel nice and warm while driving.

Originally Posted by RFX45

With all these interior talks, to me it doesn't matter if it's retro inspired or modern but it has to be of good quality, especially for that price. For a $60k-$70k car, I don't want painted plastics and fake aluminum trims. That is why even if I looking for a fast car, the ZR1 is probably not going to be on my short list because they feel cheap inside and out. For the price, I'd probably get an R8 or an Aston Martin V8 Vantage and sacrifice the power. I know others opinion may vary but to me that plays a part in the vehicle.

how "nice in your interior is" is subjective...horsepower and specs are absolute....

i can careless if my interior is cute or not...its a damn muscle car, not a media center...if anything everything would be off cuz i wanna hear da engine roar.....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

omg you guys act like it changed dramatically. 

2011-ford-shelby-mustang-GT500-interior.jpg

vs

2012_BMW_F30_M-Sport_Interior.jpg

This is why i think american cars suck.

a mustang is fast.... but that is all it does! 60k dollars for a live rear axle, horrible interior, and no mouth dropping exterior.

if its not a corvette. its trash. cst-v gets a pass. even though im not a fan. Jeeps also get a pass.
The market Ford is after with the Mustang doesn't really care about the interior and materials and all that non sense. A new Mustang GT can be had for $30k that will keep up with an E92 M3 around a track. For half the price something is sacrificed so of course the materials in the interior will be of lesser quality in the Mustang. And why are you comparing a LUXURY car makers interior with a Mustang. If you wanna compare the Mustangs interior compare it with the Camaro or Challenger. And yes, the live rear axle isn't the greatest setup but its quick enough for a Boss 302 to dust several other sports cars past its price range around a track.

acting like the GT-R was never made. which also has a much better interior.

i rather not drive something that resembles rentals i've driven. including v6 mustang which was... disappoint.

horsepower doesnt mean anything without a good chassis. im sorry but 2010 Camaro SS(426hp) does the same times a bmw 335i(300hp). yes bmw is more expensive but all these high HP american cars are being matched with Turbo'ed V6/I6's and 4 cylinder turbos. all your runt and grunt is gone. whats so muscular about it? stop worrying about how much hp you have and realize a car is something more then whats under your hood. stock for stock. if we were talking about modded then its all non-sense.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

With the price tag difference between the V and M5 it better be a faster car. That's the biggest thing with American car performance, bang for the buck. Yeah the M5 is faster but you can pick up a brand new CTS-V and one of the new Shelby GT500's or the Camaro ZL1 for the price of one brand new M5. I love the new M5, beautiful design and its up there with the E39 M5 for my favorite M5 but the price is ridiculous. $144K.
...The price is speculated to be around $95k... IDK where $144k came from.

....It's all talk right now though, nothing official
I was going with the price cguy610 wrote. Just clicked the link and said its 100,000 euros and after exchange rates comes out to $144,000 US. Said US price probably won't be that high due to the VAT Europe has.
The M5 will be NO WHERE close to 144k. The reason being is that BMW NA accounts for the largest percentage of M5's sold, so we here in the US get a HUGE discount as opposed to some other countries. You can't just use an exchange rate. It starts around 90,000 and a fully optioned M5 will be around 104K max. 
I understand the price difference, but it's hard to judge what car is better overall when we're only judging certain aspects. There is going be cars faster than the M5, offer more luxury than the M5, (possibly) handle better than the M5, but as far as an overall package, I feel M5> all other 4 door sedans. 

id still take a CTS-V over an M5 anyday, looks and performance wise>>>>>>M5.

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

omg you guys act like it changed dramatically. 

2011-ford-shelby-mustang-GT500-interior.jpg

vs

2012_BMW_F30_M-Sport_Interior.jpg

This is why i think american cars suck.

a mustang is fast.... but that is all it does! 60k dollars for a live rear axle, horrible interior, and no mouth dropping exterior.

if its not a corvette. its trash. cst-v gets a pass. even though im not a fan. Jeeps also get a pass.
The market Ford is after with the Mustang doesn't really care about the interior and materials and all that non sense. A new Mustang GT can be had for $30k that will keep up with an E92 M3 around a track. For half the price something is sacrificed so of course the materials in the interior will be of lesser quality in the Mustang. And why are you comparing a LUXURY car makers interior with a Mustang. If you wanna compare the Mustangs interior compare it with the Camaro or Challenger. And yes, the live rear axle isn't the greatest setup but its quick enough for a Boss 302 to dust several other sports cars past its price range around a track.
This is my personal opinion, but I was a former Cadillac owner, and when I blew a rod in the $12k engine I decided to just get a new car. I looked at everything from Toyotas to the CTS sedan to the new Ford Focus and BMWs. The Focus, CTS, and BMWs had interiors with so many goddammed buttons that I thought I was going to lose my mind.
I now drive a 2009 Mustang GT (Premium). 

There's no touch screen, there's no bluetooth, there's not even a temperature control (specific temperature— I have AC).

Here's what I DO have, though— me, 300HP, 320ft/lbs, a stereo, and three pedals. I'm good.

Incidentally, the new Ford Focus would make a GREAT commuter car or DD for anyone. I just didn't love it and it had more buttons than a goddammed space shuttle.

I guess I just prefer straightforward and simple vs. "luxury". I don't even want any screens in my cars. Ever.

(Leather seats are a must though— you can't go back after having leather seats.)

this thread got derailed to the max lol..
first japanese vs american now german
laugh.gif
why cant we all just get along?

Spoiler [+]
who the hell am i kidding?
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

id still take a CTS-V over an M5 anyday, looks and performance wise>>>>>>M5.
looks are subjective, and I honestly hope you don't think the CTS-V with the LSA will outperform the F10 M5...
Again, I don't care which car you choose, that's your choice. But don't use facts that have no meaning, as a reason as to why one car is better than another....

WaitWut....This wouldn't be NT if a car thread didn't get derailed....

how you gonna compare a luxury cars interior to a car that's meant to be affordable? some of y'all are dumb as rocks.

*hasnt read topic*
Let me guess. People are arguing either...

1. Interior designs/materials

2. ______ car handles better than _______. And how domestics can only go fast in a straight line.

3. ______ car is .8 seconds faster than _______ so it automatically makes it 10 times better.

4. ______ car is better than ________ cause its the same performance for half the price.

laugh.gif

Same $@#$@ in every topic. Different strokes for different folks.

but even comparing to the gt500 it isn't meant to be plush and comfortable. its meant to go fast. luxury ain't the focus. so why compare it to the BMW?
and I hate mustangs if it matters.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Originally Posted by bruza

M3 >>>>

Ask me how I know

How do you know? Basically asking you to post pics of your M3 I want one bad or an 2000-2003 m5
Got one on the way man.  I'm doing Euro Delivery on an '11 Lemans Blue/ Fox Red M3 Sedan (basically loaded w/ 19" competition wheels).  I think my E90 M3 is the last one made (Production finished Oct 29).

I'm leaving for Germany Saturday. 
pimp.gif

No pics now besides this CGI (From the "Track my BMW Site") but expect a write up on my experience when I return. 
eek.gif
  Because of the 1,200 mile break in period, I probably won't be taking the M to top speed out there. 

cosy.arox

I can def appreciate the E39 M5.  I still would like one someday. 

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

I guess I just prefer straightforward and simple vs. "luxury". I don't even want any screens in my cars. Ever.

(Leather seats are a must though— you can't go back after having leather seats.)
This is the reason why I love my Magnum SRT8.
Raw power, easy to maintain, and will still be the same monster 25 years from now.

Originally Posted by Thizz Marley

but even comparing to the gt500 it isn't meant to be plush and comfortable. its meant to go fast. luxury ain't the focus. so why compare it to the BMW?

because people hate when an american car out performs a precious BMW.

Originally Posted by Thizz Marley

Exactly.

On a side note I'm scared to buy both American muscle cars for their mechanical problems and BMWs for their maintenance costs
sick.gif
Might just have to upgrade my 02 Accord to a newer version to play it safe
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom