The NBA Draft Thread

Definitely Ingram > Brown, let's not be silly.

Everything has to go right for Brown to be the better player.

Last edited:
The way Jaylen Brown plays he's going to be in foul trouble like crazy. Almost all his points for most of his games have been off free throws...during the season against real defenses they're gonna be drawing charges on him a ton.

The way Jaylen Brown plays he's going to be in foul trouble like crazy. Almost all his points for most of his games have been off free throws...during the season against real defenses they're gonna be drawing charges on him a ton.
If Harden has been getting away with it and everyone consider it as part of his game then why couldn't that apply to Jaylen ?

If Harden has been getting away with it and everyone consider it as part of his game then why couldn't that apply to Jaylen ?

Harden's offensive game was 10000000000x more developed than Jaylen Brown coming into the league. He also gets the benefit of the doubt on calls from being a star player. Plus that's only part of Harden's game. He can also shoot from anywhere on the court and is a great passer and overall crafty as hell. Jaylen Brown is just getting past non-NBA wing players right now on pure athleticism and that's pretty much his whole game at the moment.

I like Jaylen Brown and he's a hard worker but Brown and Dragan Bender being picked over Dunn is going to continue looking pretty bad.

Last edited:
Drawing fouls is a real skill but if he were the real deal, he'd be turning a lot of these attempts into made layups and dunks. Right now, he's ultra aggressive and throwing his body around. Against inexperienced defenders and his athleticism, it works. Against NBA guys? Doubtful.

Comparing him to Barnes or Harden is a joke on so many levels.

People gave Harrison Barnes 5 years and some still holding hope for better from him

Doubting Jaylen Brown so much this early is Weird
http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/2009452/[/img[/quote][quote="Buc Em, post: 26183396"]
Harden's offensive game was 10000000000x more developed than Jaylen Brown coming into the league. He also gets the benefit of the doubt on calls from being a star player. Plus that's only part of Harden's game. He can also shoot from anywhere on the court and is a great passer and overall crafty as hell. Jaylen Brown is just getting past non-NBA wing players right now on pure athleticism and that's pretty much his whole game at the moment.

I like Jaylen Brown and he's a hard worker but Brown and Dragan Bender being picked over Dunn is going to continue looking pretty bad.[/quote]It's too early to say imo. We shall see.[quote="mgrand15, post: 26183446"]Drawing fouls is a real skill but if he were the real deal, he'd be turning a lot of these attempts into made layups and dunks. Right now, he's ultra aggressive and throwing his body around. Against inexperienced defenders and his athleticism, it works. Against NBA guys? Doubtful.

Comparing him to Barnes or Harden is a joke on so many levels.[/quote]Learn2read. No one made any comparisons to Harden. All I said was if James is able to do it, why couldn't Jaylen be able to develop that part of his game. Cause clearly, it exists. Plus it's early. Y'all predicting doom on my man before he even played an actual nba game.

Hahah I mean I think Ingram is going to be really good, but he's going to struggle until he puts on some muscle/weight. He's going to struggle getting by NBA defenders and getting position as well. I think he's definitely a better shooter than Brown, but both have been pretty shooting pretty terribly. Brown is significantly more physical than him and has a quicker first step and better handle. Better defensively now as well. I don't think Brown is going to get all these calls at the next level, but his ability to get to the rim and create contact is definitely a skill.

Laker homerism got people thinking their pick might be better than he actually is :lol:
Aint got nothing to do with Laker homerism ...I'm so far from that ...that was just a left field assessment of talent. I think you may be the only person that feels that way besides Boston & Jaylen Brown's parents :lol: but proceed.

Last edited:
The Hornets signed Christian Wood to a 2 year deal. Dunno why Philly didnt sign him. But they probably dont need him seeing as Saric is coming over.
Lowkey Philly's stacked. I like their roster.

Last edited:
Yeah top prospects need to stay the hell away from Kansas, but somehow they just keep on going. Josh Jackson is next up to not look that great.

Back
Top Bottom