The NBA Draft Thread

Josh Jackson.. dude is violent with it 
sick.gif

How many hustles do yall think Lavar Ball got on the side? :lol:

you didn't see that Slam video "Christmas with the Ball Family" where he used his sons fame to promote some low rent hood clothing line called "big baller brand"?

:lol:

The fact that he presented the merch like it was the boys' X-Mas gifts was hilarious. :lol:

I know this man LaVar got money in the streets.

Last edited:
Josh Jackson just does everything well plus he does the little things that help his team win and he has the elite athleticism that gives him the potential to get way better. He's gonna win whoever drafts him a lot of games.

Yea he's def playing well at the right time. I wouldn't look too much into last nights game though because NBA teams wont play zone for 40 min.

Fultz
Jackson
Isaac

I said it months ago....and stand by it. These are the top 3 prospects in this class.

Josh Jackson most impressive thing last night was coming back from a serious looking ankle sprain

He not only returned to the game he has a ferocious jam and a nice step back jumper

Very encouraging

Yea he's def playing well at the right time. I wouldn't look too much into last nights game though because NBA teams wont play zone for 40 min.

Yea Cuse is terrible to judge talent against.

Tatum is fine but he's 6'8 and shoots like Carlos Boozer and doesn't finish well at the rim in half court.

He's not an explosive athlete, not that great laterally but he's going to get buckets especially in college because he's so skilled and has great size for that level. He also shoots 39% from 3 which isn't bad at all and he's great at the line.

But even still, among the top freshmen, he's 14th in PER, 36th in TS% (Which is especially bad for a frontcourt guy who's supposed to get more effecient shots), 17th in REB%, has a high TOV% than assist %, 14th in FTA per game and the most telling is he's 29th in Offensive Box Plus Minus.

That's only among freshman too, all the other guys like Fultz, Ball, Dennis, Markannen, Isaac, Jackson, Bridges, Monk and Fox are littered in the top 10 in all those metrics.

He's not the same level of prospect even if he's playing well right now.

Last edited:
Fultz
Jackson
Isaac

I said it months ago....and stand by it. These are the top 3 prospects in this class.

By the metrics and eye test this is where I am too.

Isaac is really standing out, especially when you look at him in the context of recent history.

He has the second best Box Plus Minus of all freshman behind Ball.

It gets better though, he has the 4th best since 2011 among freshman bigs behind some guys who are doing ok in the league named Anthony Davis, KAT, and Joel Embiid.

He's defensive rebounding is top 20 and his TS% is top 10 since 2011 too.

Obviously it's a leap to say that he makes that level of impact in the league for sure but he without a doubt has the potential be a franchise player.

Last edited:
I didnt wanna be the one to say it but :nerd: :nerd:
I think several of us have been saying this for a while now, and it really isn't hard to see. Dude plays with an intensity that you don't see in players very often. Other than his jumpshot not being as smooth, he reminds me more of a Paul George-type due to his court vision and overall ability to create. And as much as we keep knocking his jumper, he continues to make them at a good clip..

He might be everything I thought MKG would be :smh:
Perhaps I'm not remembering MKG as well as I should, but I don't recall him ever looking as comfortable with the ball in his hands as Jackson does.

He didnt have any go to moves (seems like JJ's is that in and out cross), but MKG could definitely handle the ball in college. But yes he wasn't as comfortable. Same dog defensively though always making the right plays.

Jackson's jumper becomes less of a problem when he shows more and more how great his handle is for his size. He'll still be able to run effecient offense with an inconsistent jumper because of his driving/passing ability.

He needs to go somewhere where he can be he secondary playmaker in the offense and next to a PG who can shoot.

Jackson's jumper becomes less of a problem when he shows more and more how great his handle is for his size. He'll still be able to run effecient offense with an inconsistent jumper because of his driving/passing ability.

He needs to go somewhere where he can be he secondary playmaker in the offense and next to a PG who can shoot.
Boston :smokin

By the metrics and eye test this is where I am too.

Isaac is really standing out, especially when you look at him in the context of recent history.

He has the second best Box Plus Minus of all freshman behind Ball.

It gets better though, he has the 4th best since 2011 among freshman bigs behind some guys who are doing ok in the league named Anthony Davis, KAT, and Joel Embiid.

He's defensive rebounding is top 20 and his TS% is top 10 since 2011 too.

Obviously it's a leap to say that he makes that level of impact in the league for sure but he without a doubt has the potential be a franchise player.

:pimp:

Talk that talk.....

Back
Top Bottom