The NBA Draft Thread

Sixers definitely need to chill if they're thinking of taking Malik Monk at 3 because Ben Simmons might possibly be able to play point. I'm not even sure him and Jackson are in the same tier.

They're not. I personally think Josh Jackson is the best overall player in the whole draft when considering both sides of the ball.

View media item 2437685

I'm inclined to believe this..

You guys really should have kept hinkie.. dude would have been moved okafor before his market dropped..

But considering the amount of PG out there and a couple guys who might become available, hope you guys don't reach just because of need (like going the other UK guard)

Lakers should consider Josh Jackson.. but I think they're pretty set on Ball. 

I guess who really knows

Last edited:
Sixers been waiting on their pg of the future for 5 years now......

I hope the wolves can get someone ready to contribute right away, not opposed to trading for pieces.

Last edited:
   @ZO2_ 29 Oct 2013
You ain't even gotta watch the Clippers games jus watch there highlights. Cuz every other play is basically one
1f60c.png
#LobCity
 Lonzo Ball‏Verified account  @ZO2_ 8 Nov 2014
CP3 is a savage
1f602.png
1f602.png

0 replies 10 retweets 19 likes
Always knew Lonzo was a real one. Boy should be with us
pimp.gif

Im a big fan of Diallo to Bucks

just read this

http://www.aseaofblue.com/2017/5/17...decision-50-50-bucks-connection-john-calipari

It's definitely a bucks pick ala Giannis and Thon. I just hope teams arent on to us and we make a promise to him so he doenst try out elsewhere.

Don't the Bucks need shooting and a big? Outside shooting is Diallo's BIGGEST weakness :lol:

Grab someone like Kennard, Justin Jackson, Jonathan Jeanne (has Giannis potential written all over him), or Justin Patton if you're trying to find a shooter or big with your 1st round pick.

Bucks need Frank so they can get Delly the hell outta there
Wonder how Jawun Evans would fit with the Bucks... someone's gonna get a steal, probably the Spurs.. they'll have Murray and Evans as their young guards 
sick.gif

OKC needs a backup PG almost as bad as they need shooting, wouldn't even be mad if Evans went there

Frank Mason, Kennard and Justin Jackson should all be great role players on playoff teams

One Billion just went to 3 BILLION.
Good luck Laker fans.

Full podcast:

You know what I hate most about this dude Lavar? He uses me and we when talking about everything involving Lonzo. Bro nobody is trying to sign YOU to an endorsement deal or draft YOU to their team. He legitimately thinks he's the star though. Talking about they should have given *you* a billion and you would have been on your way...this is one reason why I'm skeptical about how much any of the sales money of that Big Baller merchandise is actually going to Lonzo. I've seen some parents live through their kids success before but this might be the craziest example on a national level where this guy is out making national TV or radio appearances like every damn day talking about himself and his kid. He's going to be a problem wherever Lonzo goes. He will throw his kids coaches and teammates under the bus in interviews if you ask him a question. I would NOT want my team to draft this kid and have his dad mess with the environment. UCLA has turned their program around and has a good thing going right now but I can see Lavar trying to **** **** up there next season once LiAngelo is getting bench splinters like he should.

Last edited:
aint nothing wrong with a dude trying to get what he wants but this dude need to relax..... these stations need to limit him on their shows..... seems like he is on fs1 every week

I hope Magic and the Lakers pass on Lonzo... can you just imagine their reaction once Silver calls someone else's name :rofl:

I'd love it

Last edited:
Not really a fan of Josh Jackson's fit in Philly.
Don't see it either, P.

He's supposed to have this high ceiling, I don't know how he reaches it if Simmons & Embiid have the ball all the time. His shoddy free throw shooting & poor mechanics lead me to believe he's gonna struggle mightily from the NBA 3 for several seasons at least.

I don't see it. If SAC is in love with him, I'd gladly exchange it for 5 & 10. Or just take Isaac.

I'd probably be harassing Ainge for that #1 though. I feel like you guys can pull off a trade. Especially if Ainge prefers Josh.

Would Okafor, Justin Anderson and the #3 land you the #1?
You stay saying some wild things about Ainge/Celtics. Dude isn't trading the best player in the draft for that pupu platter :lol:

Sixers reaching for Monk there would be dumb. Jackson is the best player on the board. They can overpay to get a shooter in free agency.

Diallo to the Bucks makes a lot of sense. Probably the highest upside guy on the board. No pressure to be good right away.

Harry Giles isn't falling out of the first round. The Nets would easily take him with one of their picks. Lakers would too, like you said.

Last edited:
Don't see it either, P.

He's supposed to have this high ceiling, I don't know how he reaches it if Simmons & Embiid have the ball all the time. His shoddy free throw shooting & poor mechanics lead me to believe he's gonna struggle mightily from the NBA 3 for several seasons at least.

I don't see it. If SAC is in love with him, I'd gladly exchange it for 5 & 10. Or just take Isaac.
Doesn't make any sense for SAC to make that trade. They need more talent overall, and they can likely get a franchise player with that #5 pick in Fox or Tatum and then can get another starting player at 10.

Don't see it either, P.

Doesn't make any sense for SAC to make that trade. They need more talent overall, and they can likely get a franchise player with that #5 pick in Fox or Tatum and then can get another starting player at 10.
Sounds like a typical Sacramento trade to me.

If it was any other team I wouldn't have mentioned it.

I just don't see how Josh Jackson in Philly works at all.
Has way more tools than anyone on the board and is going to be shooting A TON of wide open shots. Him shooting 3s off the dribble is probably going to be a bit difficult for a while, but I honestly don't think he's going to have to do it a ton.

Having a versatile wing defender next to Simmons seems like a good idea too.

How would a Russell/Ball pairing work? Wouldn't that pairing be food defensively? What about shot creation? Would it make sense to dangle Russell in a trade or not draft Ball to fill another need? Just trying to think of their options at #2.

How would a Russell/Ball pairing work? Wouldn't that pairing be food defensively? What about shot creation? Would it make sense to dangle Russell in a trade or not draft Ball to fill another need? Just trying to think of their options at #2.
They absolutely would be food defensively. Russell can get his own shot though and I do think that Ball will be a good catch and shoot player.

Jackson would make way more sense for them than Ball, IMO, but I don't see it happening.

I just don't see how Josh Jackson in Philly works at all.
Has way more tools than anyone on the board and is going to be shooting A TON of wide open shots. Him shooting 3s off the dribble is probably going to be a bit difficult for a while, but I honestly don't think he's going to have to do it a ton.

Having a versatile wing defender next to Simmons seems like a good idea too.

I'd drink the kool aid if Josh was a better shooter. I can't imagine good floor spacing with Simmons, embiid and josh

I'd drink the kool aid if Josh was a better shooter. I can't imagine good floor spacing with Simmons, embiid and josh
I honestly don't see why he can't be an average, 35-36% 3 point shooter. Jimmy Butler has been an all-star for the past 3 seasons while shooting 35% from 3 during that span.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom