The NBA Draft Thread

To become a good team you need good players.. Josh Jackson is the best player at #3

Last edited:
Embiid was a good 3 point shooter last year and I don't think they should make any decisions based off Simmons when he hasn't played an NBA minute. I still don't buy that he can be a primary ball handler legitimately. It's not like Philly is overloaded with athletic 2 way wings anyway.

How would a Russell/Ball pairing work? Wouldn't that pairing be food defensively? What about shot creation? Would it make sense to dangle Russell in a trade or not draft Ball to fill another need? Just trying to think of their options at #2.
Trading ratsull just doesn't make sense imo if you're gonna depend exclusively on ball to run the offense

Ball has never really ran p n r and isn't adept at dribble penetration. Ratsull is already pretty nice at least in the p n r

They suit each other very well offensively. Defensively it's going to be a challenge

Last edited:
I'd drink the kool aid if Josh was a better shooter. I can't imagine good floor spacing with Simmons, embiid and josh
I honestly don't see why he can't be an average, 35-36% 3 point shooter. Jimmy Butler has been an all-star for the past 3 seasons while shooting 35% from 3 during that span.

True too but Josh shooting 55% from the foul line is alarming.

Trading ratsull just doesn't make sense imo if you're gonna depend exclusively on ball to run the offense

Ball has never really ran p n r and isn't adept at dribble penetration. Ratsull is already pretty nice at least in the p n r

They suit each other very well offensively. Defensively it's going to be a challenge

Ratsull isn't actually that good in pick n roll situations.

If there's one thing I noticed that separates ​real gms from internet gms it's that real gms understand nothing is guaranteed with these rookies. You don't trade a young player on an upward trend just because you drafted the next young, unproven player. Especially one with similar flaws who won't be at the incumbent player's level for another 3 years. That's kinda dumb. It's like how everyone wanted the wolves to trade Rubio as soon as they drafted Kris Dunn. I highly doubt dlo gets traded

Last edited:
Nah I won't cause we gone be running and gunning. I think Ratsull gets moved this summer anyway.
Half court offense gonna suffer if you trade ratsull away. Not that it was exceptional last season but yeah, depending on who you can get for ratsull, ball and clarkson is decent I guess

Last edited:
Lonzo getting the "D'loyalist" in a tizzy is the only positive thing about this though :lol:.

I almost feel like BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE was hoping the lakers DIDN'T keep the pick this year.

Oh he definitely didn't mind if we lost it at all. And you got the other D'Lo stans in panic mode as well.

If there's one thing I noticed that separates ​real gms from internet gms it's that real gms understand nothing is guaranteed with these rookies. You don't trade a young player on an upward trend just because you drafted the next young, unproven player. Especially one with similar flaws who won't be at the incumbent player's level for another 3 years. That's kinda dumb. It's like how everyone wanted the wolves to trade Rubio as soon as they drafted Kris Dunn. I highly doubt dlo gets traded

Ehhh best believe the Wolves would have traded Rubio if the right package came along. They were definitely exploring trades for him. As far as Russell goes though I don't think they should trade him. He's the one piece on their team that has legitimately shown promise and not just flashes. I don't know who you'd trade him for that would be a better fit honestly. He's a good shooter and Lonzo will need guys like that on the wings.

I think lonzo will be solid but if he is it'll be because he's not the #1 guy. He's a ball mover moreso than a playmaker. I mean dlo was just as good if not a better prospect than lonzo coming out and he's had his fair share of struggles. So to expect lonzo to come in and light it up is rather idiotic. You're throwing away 3 years of development for what? Paul 'ball game' George? And expecting a team led by pg and ball to take you where exactly? Doesn't add up

Last edited:
DLo is a better player than Ball.

For sure. Solidly.

I don't get the lakers fans infatuation with moving their clear best player who's 21 years old :lol: he was pretty good last year and took a solid jump

I'm not too high on Ball so to move D'Lo in favor of letting Lonzo run the offense is pretty idiotic and you're asking for a train wreck. Paul George not coming to a team led by lonzo ball A

trading russell right before he breaks out....sounds like something the lakeshow would do 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom