The NBA Draft Thread

This is one of the reasons I was pissed Simmons didn't play this year..he's still a major unknown..and it kinda handcuffs us now in the draft..but I'm still drafting Jackson and going from there.

Breaks out of what? Y'all are real overstating his value to the Lakers and around the league as a whole. His 'leap' from rookie to sophomore was marginal at best.

trading russell right before he breaks out....sounds like something the lakeshow would do :pimp:

Exactly :lol:. Well maybe not that last part but all indications point to this being the year dlo takes that next step and becomes what's referred to as a 'player'. A guy that's expected to contribute and be effective on a nightly basis. You're at the phase of the rebuild where you want results. Trading away your most productive player and the only guy capable of running the offense in favor of handing the keys to two rookies is *** backwards af

Last edited:
idk why y'all even entertain it :lol:

Only a dumb *** would try to trade a 21 year old guard putting up the numbers he does.

Last edited:
How would a Russell/Ball pairing work? Wouldn't that pairing be food defensively? What about shot creation? Would it make sense to dangle Russell in a trade or not draft Ball to fill another need? Just trying to think of their options at #2.
They absolutely would be food defensively. Russell can get his own shot though and I do think that Ball will be a good catch and shoot player.

Jackson would make way more sense for them than Ball, IMO, but I don't see it happening.

This is why I'm wondering if Fox would be a better fit for the Lakers at #2 if they're set on taking a PG. No, he's nowhere near the shooter that Ball is...but his speed, defensive potential, and his ability to finish at the rim are intriguing.

It's early and I'd like to see workout footage but I'm not high on Josh Jackson and Jayson Tatum I'd actually put both of them behind Isaac respectfully.

Can't wait to see/hear him and Fox killing folks in the private workouts.

Very very high on Fox's ability.

At minimum he's Mike Conley with better defense imo

I'll ignore the obvious and lazy "lefty pg" comparison but also think there's a bit of merit there when comparing the two.

At the same stage of their career, however, Conley was a way better playmaker and marginally better shooter. Definitely think Fox has a Conley ceiling tho, which is not bad at all for a lead guard and fringe all-star.

DLo is a better player than Ball.

For sure. Solidly.

I don't get the lakers fans infatuation with moving their clear best player who's 21 years old :lol: he was pretty good last year and took a solid jump

I'm not too high on Ball so to move D'Lo in favor of letting Lonzo run the offense is pretty idiotic and you're asking for a train wreck. Paul George not coming to a team led by lonzo ball A

Eye brows. Snap chat. He doesn't act like Kobe. His numbers are inflated somehow.

Really not a single good reason yet.

not everyone is oladipo......russell will average 20/5/5 minimal at some point of his career....if only russell took this serious smh...

Lonzo brining that showtime, big baller brand run and gun to LA. That BIG BALLER STYLE basketball.

If you not ready to run....you gotta go. You all know Dlo can't run the break. He out

If someone could list 3 point guards under the age of 25 that are better than Dlo, I'd love to see it.

Hell, are there 5 guards under the age or 25 you'd pick over Dlo?

The "Dlo sucks he should be traded" Hill is a weird one to die on. But do you.

Lonzo brining that showtime, big baller brand run and gun to LA. That BIG BALLER STYLE basketball.

If you not ready to run....you gotta go. You all know Dlo can't run the break. He out

I agree. So u need to pair him with shooters. Dlo is literally the only shooter on the squad. Why would you trade him and **** up Lonzo's game in the process?

Kyrie
Beal
Booker
Schroeder
Lavine

And once this draft happens there's 3 more I'd take over Ratsull as well.

Yea, saying he's Conley at minimum isn't reasonable. :lol:

Unreasonable to Conley, probably. To Foxs potential I don't think so.

I'm saying career arc is more than reasonable as a minimum.

J is 1000% fixable as was Conley's, frames are similar.

I think Fox comparison to Wall is unfair personally, isn't Wall explosive and isn't as ambidextrous

Last edited:
If someone could list 3 point guards under the age of 25 that are better than Dlo, I'd love to see it.

Hell, are there 5 guards under the age or 25 you'd pick over Dlo?

The "Dlo sucks he should be traded" Hill is a weird one to die on. But do you.

Kyrie
Devin Booker
Dennis Schroeder
Brad Beal
Tyler Johnson

Back
Top Bottom