The NBA Draft Thread

Did I see someone say Tyler Johnson is better than D'Angelo Russell and it's not arguable? 
laugh.gif

To imply that Fox's floor is Mike Conley would insinuate that Fox should be the number 1 pick.

What you are saying is if Fox doesn't reach his potential/ceiling, he'll at minimum be Mike Conley. That's ******* asinine. He's gunna have to work stupid hard to become Mike Conley.

To imply that Fox's floor is Mike Conley would insinuate that Fox should be the number 1 pick.

What you are saying is if Fox doesn't reach his potential/ceiling, he'll at minimum be Mike Conley. That's ******* asinine. He's gunna have to work stupid hard to become Mike Conley.

For real :lol:

People stilllll underrating Conley

Speaking of Fox, he has to be perturbed that he very clearly outplayed Ball twice, better athlete, yet is projected to go several spots behind him :lol:

I think he's really gonna work his *** off

Speaking of Fox, he has to be perturbed that he very clearly outplayed Ball twice, better athlete, yet is projected to go several spots behind him
laugh.gif

Because individual match ups in college doesn't mean anything.

1) Ball outplayed Fultz and Fultz still going #1

2) Fox outplayed Ball, because of Ball's lack of defensive intensity (which can be fixed at the NBA level)

3) I'm more than positive UCLA didn't game plan around Fox, they game planned around Monk, while Kentucky game planned against Ball (huge difference)

4) They draft on skill set, potential, and what they can bring out of a player. You can get more out of Ball then Fox from a Lakers standpoint.

Lonzo/DLo will be the slowest footed backcourt in the league. Backcourt will be a defensive turnstile.

Fox should def be the Lakers choice.

Speaking of Fox, he has to be perturbed that he very clearly outplayed Ball twice, better athlete, yet is projected to go several spots behind him :lol:

2) Fox outplayed Ball, because of Ball's lack of defensive intensity (which can be fixed at the NBA level)
3) I'm more than positive UCLA didn't game plan around Fox, they game planned around Monk, while Kentucky game planned against Ball (huge difference)
4) They draft on skill set, potential, and what they can bring out of a player. You can get more out of Ball then Fox from a Lakers standpoint.

I'm very aware of all of that. I was speaking from Fox's perspective, as I explicitly said in the post.

Johnson is more efficient .
Has a higher win share
Higher PER
Better defender
Impacts winning

Tyler Johnson > Dlo

Again, dude said name 5 guards better than Dlo RIGHT NOW. Right now, Tyler Johnson is a better player.
Dude also said 5 guards UNDER 25 and you come in here naming a dude that is 25 and may or may not be better than DLO.

But the idea that it isnt even arguable as we are sitting here arguing about it is laughable.

Literally all these kids are frail
laugh.gif

I'm done.

Harden
Russ
Steph
Kyrie
Wall-Lillard-CP

*shrug*
This isn't the thread to discuss this further, but, Harden is just a SG playing PG this season and for his coach. Kyrie is NOT better PG than Wall, and I'm a Duke/Kyrie fan. I'll give you Russ and Curry tho.

Ball did not outplay Fultz - that match-up was essentially a wash, unless you're counting UCLA winning as the push in Ball's favor.

And Ball's lack of defensive intensity in a marquee, elimination game with two blue bloods going at it in the Sweet 16 is an absolute red flag. If he's not getting up for a game of that magnitude then how can you expect him to lock in defensively every night during an 82 game season?

Why would you even try to use that to support your argument? :rofl:

Lonzo/DLo will be the slowest footed backcourt in the league. Backcourt will be a defensive turnstile.

I think Ball/Dlo can be serviceable, but it all depends on the Lakers finding an athletic, defensive center. Ball is 6-6 and Dlo is 6-5. Both are slow but have good length and can switch if necessary. They're not gunna stop anybody, but if they had a defensive anchor protecting the rim, I think the lakers would be fine. Unfortunately it's not that easy to find one of those.

Last edited:

I think Ball/Dlo can be serviceable, but it all depends on the Lakers finding an athletic, defensive center. Ball is 6-6 and Dlo is 6-5. Both are slow but have good length and can switch if necessary. They're not gunna stop anybody, but if they had a defensive anchor protecting the rim, I think the lakers would be fine. Unfortunately it's not that easy to find one of those.
That backcourt vs...dame & cj, wall & beal, curry & Klay...DLo or ball can hide...dudes going for 50. I bet money they would play them together the first year.

Ball did not outplay Fultz - that match-up was essentially a wash, unless you're counting UCLA winning as the push in Ball's favor.

And Ball's lack of defensive intensity in a marquee, elimination game with two blue bloods going at it in the Sweet 16 is an absolute red flag. If he's not getting up for a game of that magnitude then how can you expect him to lock in defensively every night during an 82 game season?

Why would you even try to use that to support your argument?
roll.gif
I've watched Ball all year, as bad as it sounds, it was all year... 

Defense isn't what he's known for, everyone knows that. I'm saying the attention to defense will be drilled in more at the pro level.

It's hard to get to those one and done kids when they're mindset is on the NBA. They don't learn those fundamentals.

And I wasn't using that to support the argument, I just don't think Fox would beat Ball in a 1-on-1 as easily as you guys do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom