The NBA Draft Thread

Melo did have a better rookie year overall than Lebron tho (Melo was the Leading scorer/best player on a west playoff team), that R.O.Y shoulda been his but Bron was the chosen one
Right...

I never said Melo was the better prospect, LeBron CLEARLY was.

Melo had the better game AT THAT POINT in life.

LeBron has surpassed him by leaps and bounds now.

Lonzo declaring 2 seconds after being eliminated shouldn't matter. We all knew what his purpose at UCLA was. He said he was playing 1 season & leaving before the season started.

"lonzo declaring after the draft = hes just Happy to be there and doesn't care". I don't see it. Lonzo helped take a ****** Chino Hills HS team and made em the best in the state. Pretty sure they didn't lose in 2015-2016. Lonzo helped take a UCLA team to another level in one year. How does him not showing emotion after a loss = not caring?

But this is where excellent overall team defense comes into play. Warriors as a whole can make up for the defensive inadequacies of Steph/Klay due to how good the overall team defensive dynamic is.

Right that's why I'm not as concerned about a Dlo/Ball backcourt. It'll be ******, but if you pair em with a rim protector, they'll be fine. Especially cuz they'll have the length to switch 1-4.

Team defense is a lot more important than individual defense. The problem is, it's not easy to find those rim protector type players. A player like Draymond is rare in terms of what he brings defensively. The Warrior's defense would fall apart without Draymond.

Last edited:
:lol: @ minimum floor Conley

I can see the Conley comparison due to his shiftiness, quickness, etc. As a floor general? I don't see it. Fox seems a little more Wall-istic from the Kentucky days when it comes to going at 100 mph and using his size/explosiveness to do what he wants in the open floor. He can tailor it like Wall has after maturing.

But this is where excellent overall team defense comes into play. Warriors as a whole can make up for the defensive inadequacies of Steph/Klay due to how good the overall team defensive dynamic is.

Right that's why I'm not as concerned about a Dlo/Ball backcourt. It'll be ******, but if you pair em with a rim protector, they'll be fine. Especially cuz they'll have the length to switch 1-4.

Team defense is a lot more important than individual defense. The problem is, it's not easy to find those rim protector type players. A player like Draymond is rare in terms of what he brings defensively. The Warrior's defense would fall apart without Draymond.
Yup even tho it helps to have solid defense guards, team D will always be in shambles if you got nobody protecting the paint or hleping if/when they get backcourt players ...versatility to swruich hels the defense too

And you right bout Lonzo at UCLA...they talking bout he doesnt care because he not crying? :lol: The boy NEVER shows emotion and he's the main reason the same team from before he got there had the success they did..I dont think he's the automatic 2nd best player in this draft but its real solid reasons why scouts are high on him compared to the other PG's after him

Not to mention, defensive intensity is something that CAN'T be taught. Either you have it, or you don't.

Gonna be some **** if Lonzo ends up being a souped up version of Greivis Vasquez.

Says who???

LOL. You ever heard someone say "man, that kid was born with great defensive intensity" lol.
That's for a coach to bring out of you.

Defensive intensity doesn't equal defensive stopping abilities, either.

Intensity is brought out by the coach, that's why Spurs are always a great defensive team regardless of players on the roster.

I'll give you another example. Luke changed Swaggy P (what? 12 year vet?) from a playing on the edge of getting waived to a serviceable player on both end of the court.

Intensity is an intangible, bruh. That's something you either have, or you don't.

Turning Nick Young into a serviceable defender has more to do with getting him to be more aware than actually what he has on the inside that makes him intense on that end of the floor.

Last edited:
Intensity is an intangible, bruh. That's something you either have, or you don't.

Turning Nick Young into a serviceable defender has more to do with getting him to be more aware than actually what he has on the inside that makes him intense on that end of the floor.
Nick Young's problem is IQ.  That's a tangible.  He doesn't understand the game of basketball on either side of the floor.

Last edited:

Nick Young's problem is IQ.  That's a tangible.  He doesn't understand the game of basketball on either side of the floor.

Trust me, I know.

I'm just using Young as an example cause dude brought him up. Not sure how he actually did on defense last year, but I'm going off of dude's word.

Trust me, I know.

I'm just using Young as an example cause dude brought him up. Not sure how he actually did on defense last year, but I'm going off of dude's word.
Yeah, I agree with your initial point.

It's all about expectations.

I expect more from D'aaron Fox than most.

A "floor" for a Top 5 soon to be Top 3 pick shouldnt be a ****** NBA player just because, well, they have similar weaknesses.

If he is no better than Elfrid freaking Payton, MY expectations for him were wrong and he's a bust.

But Mike Conley is easily reachable IMO and I never said, right this second.

Expectations should be high for a top 5 pick in a "loaded" draft.

Last edited:
:lol: @ minimum floor Conley

I can see the Conley comparison due to his shiftiness, quickness, etc. As a floor general? I don't see it. Fox seems a little more Wall-istic from the Kentucky days when it comes to going at 100 mph and using his size/explosiveness to do what he wants in the open floor. He can tailor it like Wall has after maturing.

I was waiting for you to see this :lol:

You mentions qualities of both guys I mentioned he'll fall between.

*shrug*

Keyon Dooling wasn't that bad
laugh.gif
.  He had a long and productive NBA career 

He also had a messed up childhood so I give him some props

Dog I'm legit laughing.....

Dooling? Beverly? Payton? And not Gary either :wow: :rofl:

Ain't none of y'all meatheads gonna ruin my day, Mo Bamba chose Texas

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

All day.

whoever thinks fox is anything near john wall needs to revisit those pre-nba john wall videos.....john wall was bouncing, only a few players come in THAT athletic.....I.E. Blake griffin......

Hearing the name Kenyon Dooling :lol:

He was a sleeper of mine in 2k years back. On the list of players who were way better in that game than they had any right to be.

Hearing the name Kenyon Dooling :lol:

He was a sleeper of mine in 2k years back. On the list of players who were way better in that game than they had any right to be.

He was great on the Magic in 2k. So was Chris Duhon.

Last edited:

lillard/cj

curry/klay

are pretty bad defensively 
Klay is an excellent defender.  Lillard, CJ, Curry yes.

i like Klay a lot but excellent to me means above average and i dont see that
wait what?
dude thinks hes an excellent defender (above average)
i dont agree, i think hes average

that better? 
Soooo you think klay isn't tops at his position defensively?

Back
Top Bottom