The NBA Draft Thread

To imply that Fox's floor is Mike Conley would insinuate that Fox should be the number 1 pick.

What you are saying is if Fox doesn't reach his potential/ceiling, he'll at minimum be Mike Conley. That's ******* asinine. He's gunna have to work stupid hard to become Mike Conley.
Yeah that was a really bizarre comment.  A guy who was literally guaranteed to be minimum Mike Conley would be the #1 pick in every draft of the last decade.  This person doesn't understand what "floor" means.

I've watched Ball all year, as bad as it sounds, it was all year... 
Defense isn't what he's known for, everyone knows that. I'm saying the attention to defense will be drilled in more at the pro level.

It's hard to get to those one and done kids when they're mindset is on the NBA. They don't learn those fundamentals.

And I wasn't using that to support the argument, I just don't think Fox would beat Ball in a 1-on-1 as easily as you guys do.

It's funny you mention mindset when talking Ball vs. Fox. Ball loses in the Sweet 16 to Kentucky and he's literally announcing he's leaving for the draft off the rip. Didn't even see the guy show an ounce of emotion towards the loss.

Fox loses to UNC in the Elite 8 and he's crying his heart out with his teammates at his locker cause he's so devastated with the loss.

Gimme the guy who's gonna leave it all on the line and wants to win 24/7 versus the guy who's just going through the motions and happy to be there.

Last edited:
I've watched Ball all year, as bad as it sounds, it was all year... 
Defense isn't what he's known for, everyone knows that. I'm saying the attention to defense will be drilled in more at the pro level.

It's hard to get to those one and done kids when they're mindset is on the NBA. They don't learn those fundamentals.

And I wasn't using that to support the argument, I just don't think Fox would beat Ball in a 1-on-1 as easily as you guys do.

It's funny you mention mindset when talking Ball vs. Fox. Ball loses in the Sweet 16 to Kentucky and he's literally announcing he's leaving for the draft off the rip. Didn't even see the guy show an ounce of emotion towards the loss.

Fox loses to UNC in the Elite 8 and he's crying his heart out with his teammates at his locker cause he's so devastated with the loss.

Gimme the guy who's gonna leave it all on the line and wants to win 24/7 versus the guy who's just going through the motions and happy to be there.

Not to mention, defensive intensity is something that CAN'T be taught. Either you have it, or you don't.

Gonna be some **** if Lonzo ends up being a souped up version of Greivis Vasquez.

1 on 1 Fox takes Lonzo

his athleticism is too good but we aren't drafting for 1 on 1 but I still like Fox as a better long term player in the NBA

excellent ...cmon son

i like Klay a lot but excellent to me means above average and i dont see that
Yes, he's well above average.  Klay is a very good on-ball defender.  He's been considered one of the best at his position for years.

Lonzo/DLo will be the slowest footed backcourt in the league. Backcourt will be a defensive turnstile.

lillard/cj
curry/klay

are pretty bad defensively 
But this is where excellent overall team defense comes into play. Warriors as a whole can make up for the defensive inadequacies of Steph/Klay due to how good the overall team defensive dynamic is.
i agree but we were talking about the backcourt, not team defense

Klay is absolutely an above average defender and Curry is underrated on that side of the ball. The Warriors are basically top 3 in defense as well as offense every year and that ain't just because of Draymond. People were talking before the season about how bad their defense was going to fall off without Bogut down low....didn't seem to matter at all.

Last edited:
But this is where excellent overall team defense comes into play. Warriors as a whole can make up for the defensive inadequacies of Steph/Klay due to how good the overall team defensive dynamic is.
Am I living on a different planet?  Why are you guys saying Klay Thompson is a bad defender?    
laugh.gif

He's legitimately very good and would be good on any team.  He just missed Second Team All Defense last year (right behind Gobert) and has a good chance to make it this season.  He's literally a stopper.

Some people aren't built like that, I.E. Kobe, Duncan, Kawhi.

If that's what you like, then take it.

I think Ball shows more upside than Fox to be a franchise player. [/opinion]

That's my point...

Ball is the better prospect than Fox.

LeBron was the better prospect than Melo even though Melo's game was more NBA ready at the time.
You could have chosen a better comparison.  Dwight Howard vs. Emeka Okafor, for example.

Not to mention, defensive intensity is something that CAN'T be taught. Either you have it, or you don't.

Gonna be some **** if Lonzo ends up being a souped up version of Greivis Vasquez.
Says who???

LOL. You ever heard someone say "man, that kid was born with great defensive intensity" lol.

That's for a coach to bring out of you.

Defensive intensity doesn't equal defensive stopping abilities, either.

Intensity is brought out by the coach, that's why Spurs are always a great defensive team regardless of players on the roster.

I'll give you another example. Luke changed Swaggy P (what? 12 year vet?) from a playing on the edge of getting waived to a serviceable player on both end of the court.

Back
Top Bottom