The NBA Draft Thread

Fair analysis, why i noted "to a lesser extent". Not gonna completely rule the possibly out. I feel like he has the motor and mindset to be molded into quite a player

Worried 
laugh.gif

I like Lauri but I'd prefer Isaac over him every time for the versatility he brings.
I feel ya

What your board look like for minny? Feel like they gotta be targeting issac and lauri .. they don't need to mess around and take any other big imo
Thibs prolly got Isaac and Lauri 1/2.. even though I doubt they take a guard I'm sure they'll wanna see Dennis Smith, Frank Nklasjdlfkjas, maybe OG and such

This draft has very similar vibe to 2015... # 1 is predetermined... # 2 to the Lakers seems predetermined, and their pick is a lock, and then they take someone else on draft night.

Last edited:
This. I love Fox, but I dont even think John Wall (if we're comparing Fox's ceiling) can be the best player on a championship team.

Same with Josh Jackson. He can have a Draymond Green like impact. I 100% believe Green is the Warriors most valuable player, but def not the best.

what makes you think Josh can defend the 4?, doesn't give you length to protect the rim, isn't all that heavy to hold up in the post or on the glass.

will ever be a semi reliable 3 point shooter? really don't it with those funky mechanics.

When I see jackson I think...why is he going to be any better than Justice Winslow?

don't see how Fox can fall past 3.

If yiou are a trash team, you gotta draft for upside, and he's the only guy with star upside outside of Fultz.

Wouldn't eem surprise me if the Lakers take Fox tbh

@StillIn729
 and @Buc Em
 guys in Philly end up with Ball  

It's very Okafor-esque for me at least...

Everything points to it being Okafor on the Lakers (Lonzo to the Lakers), it's a lock to be next great big man (Lonzo bringing back Showtime).... It starts to leak out that hey don't be so sure they take Okafor (same stuff happening with Lonzo)... Russell brings it leading up to the draft (Fox or Jackson).. Lakers move toward the long term upside in Russell over short term readiness in Okafor (Fox or Jackson over Ball)

Last edited:
osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh

Winslow is completely offensive minded. Dude came into the NBA and started chucking on terrible efficiency. Watching Jackson play he literally makes all the right plays, always in the right spot, his individual and team defense is already better than Winslows. Much better in transition too. He'll add weight and strength in the NBA who doesnt? Might not be able to guard 4s yet, but 1-3 for sure.

Last edited:
Justice Winslow was getting ridiculously hyped during the build up to the 2015 draft.

And I said the same thing at the time about the prozingis vs Winlow

have to go for the upside.

I never blamed any team for passing up on a wing player who didn't profile as an elite 1 on 1 shot creator.

You have to be wary about NBA wings playing mall ball 4 in college. Numbers are inflated becuase the average college team has no answers for that type athelticsm at the 4 spot.

I was ridiculously high on MKG coming out of college. Outside of injuries, he's actually a good player, but Josh Jackson just has the "it" factor that these other forwards didn't.

osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh

Winslow is completely offensive minded. Dude came into the NBA and started chucking on terrible efficiency. Watching Jackson play he literally makes all the right plays, always in the right spot, his individual and team defense is already better than Winslows. Much better in transition too. He'll add weight and strength in the NBA who doesnt? Might not be able to guard 4s yet, but 1-3 for sure.

nah.

Winslow has always been touted as a defender, since HS AAU he was the elite defender "make all the right plays " guy, it's only since he got to duke and coach K put him at small ball 4 surorunded by shooters did people think he had all this offensive upside.

defense the one thing he's been really great at in the NBA

I don't see the IT factor with Josh Jackson at all. He seems in the mode of a lot of other tweeners that's development and ceiling is almost exclusively dependant on him getting a shot.

Feel like Jackson is more fluid than Winslow who always seemed somewhat stiff

Lot would have to go right for Jackson to be in this realm, no denying it

Josh kinda reminds me of marcus smart in the sense that he's not known for his offense but he's very confident and decisive with his moves. Still think his defense is overrated. He was getting cooked at will at times throughout the tourney. You can't compare him to a guy like kawhi when he doesn't have the measurables

Big Baller has best player on contender potential

Nah. I like zo but if he's your best player you're not a contender

Last edited:
I was ridiculously high on MKG coming out of college. Outside of injuries, he's actually a good player, but Josh Jackson just has the "it" factor that these other forwards didn't.

i too was a big mkg fan.

always defended taking him above brad beal. but i learned my lesson.

you can't shoot, you can't play. and no way am i drafting a wing who can't shoot, over guys with elite primary ball handler upside. its why the knicks had to take porzingis over winslow. and why i dont understand how you pass on fox.

Idk Ball has way too many weaknesses for a PG. He's probably got the most weaknesses out of any #2 pick ever.

Last edited:

a gazillion miles of difference. :lol:

Lauri is an elite shooter with a versitile jumpshot.

Leaf, is going to struggle to transition to nba 3.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom