The NBA Draft Thread

He's probably got the most weaknesses out of any #2 pick ever.
roll.gif

Cant create his own shot when needed.
Cant get past good defenders.
Cant defend.
No mid range game.
No pick and roll game.
Below average handle.

Last edited:
Before the draft people were making cases for why Darko should go #1. He was actually considered to have very little weaknesses for a big. Obviously not after we've seen them play in the NBA. Dude didnt even like basketball :lol:

Last edited:
I've seen Leaf projected anywhere from lottery to the 20's

Seem like two distinct bigs.. ceiling seems higher for lauri if he can become an elite shooter, is it unfair to say his floor is frye?

Leaf doesn't seem to have quite the Star power but I like him too especially if you get him outside the lottery. No nonsense skilled player with some blue collar attributes

Idk Ball has way too many weaknesses for a PG. He's probably got the most weaknesses out of any #2 pick ever.
If you can't dribble, can't create your own shot, not a great athlete, can't play in PnR,

I mean I don't see the overt optimism on Ball man. I keep saying it but it's glaring. His weaknesses jump off the page

That's exactly what i'm saying, but people refuse to dissect his game like that.

I love players with a high IQ who make the right plays. Plus he seems humble compared to his family. But i just dont see it with him.

Last edited:
Thought you was in on the Star boy??
All in as in wanting him to succeed? Sure. I love Lonzo. I want him to win more than any player in this draft.

And he really is a starboy. Boy has 2M followers going into the draft, ESPN Mag cover story, he is a starboy that's why I called him that
laugh.gif

But from a pure basketball perspective, I have a very hard time convincing myself on him as a player.

I think Lonzo could be a Rubio type. A player with severe limitations that is able to be really effective in spite of those limitations.

Ball in theory should be able to cook off the dribble simply because of his range. If he realizes that defenders have to honor his shot out to 30 feet he can shift dudes with the shot fake/hesi a la Steph. But he always picks up his dribble after the stepback.

I just can't get jiggy with how one dimensional Lauri is as a big. It just irks me man :lol:

Last edited:
Lonzo can't dribble now? 

I never said he cant dribble. For a projected starting caliber franchise point guard his handle is below average.

Ball wont cook anyone. Look at the defenders who were guarding him in college, thats nothing compared to what he will face in the NBA.

Last edited:

Lonzo can't dribble now? 
Now?

Dude can barely put the ball in his left hand. He can never play in PnR. Can't beat his man off the bounce. He only had 33 ISO possessions in the entire seaosn last year and over 70% of his PnR possessions (which weren't that many) ended up in passes.

Before the draft people were making cases for why Darko should go #1. He was actually considered to have very little weaknesses for a big. Obviously not after we've seen them play in the NBA. Dude didnt even like basketball
laugh.gif
Anybody who was making the case for Darko over Lebron at that time should no longer be employed discussing basketball.

And to lock himself up to the Lakers... bad decision.

Should go work out form PHX and Sacramento. Those ain't too far for Lavar lolllllll

Ball in theory should be able to cook off the dribble simply because of his range. If he realizes that defenders have to honor his shot out to 30 feet he can shift dudes with the shot fake/hesi a la Steph. But he always picks up his dribble after the stepback.

Yeah but steph has legit handles.

Lonzo is shooting that far and has that range because he can't get to the basket. It's a difference and why I think those 3's he takes are red flags. No one is letting their PG shoot that far if they can't get to the rim and play PnR

Back
Top Bottom