The NBA Draft Thread

How much of DLo's numbers are him being the product of talented player on a terrible team?

I actually like Ratsull. But his impact on wins and losses remains to be seen. Plenty of guys put up great numbers when it didn't matter: Ulis, Payton, etc

My master plan for the Magic:

Blow it up.

No but seriously...

Give up some combo Henzonja, Payton, Gordon, Vuc

Get some combo of:

One of the Suns guards
One of the Bucks/Sixers bigs
One of the Nuggets Wings

What I would do:

Trade any of the picks this year(excluding the #6) or a future 1st and Bismack, hezonja/ross for Avery Bradley once the Celtics draft Fultz
Draft anybody but Niktina, Fox, Lauri with the lotto pick
Try to trade the late 1st and early 2nd rounders to move up for a top 20 pick and draft a youngin with potential like Diallo, Bam, Patton, Ferguson
Draft some dudes who have a good chance at being solid rotation players if we keep the picks (motley/evans/ josh hart etc)
See if any interest in Payton or Vucci Mane
DONT waste any money on bench vets in free agency again this year

If they do any of these things I'll see that as progress and be happy as a fan...expecting them to do the total opposite of all that tho :lol:

I dont get it. He's literally their best player at 21 and will still be their best player regardless of who they draft.

Gotta pair him with a defensive PG though.

D'Lo is better than Lonzo now, was better than Lonzo coming out of OSU, but somehow you'd want Lonzo to have the keys instead of the D'Lo. That's weird to me.

If Lonzo is putting up 15/5/5 by his second year, Post ASG numbers of 19 a game by his 2nd year i'd be SHOCKED.

Starboy>>>>Dollywood.

Faster
Longer
Realer
Big Baller

And Ratsull still got benched again by a new coach and team had to go tank mode and get rid of Lou to even see significant 4th quarter minutes. His numbers don't really impact the game at all. Looter in a riot situation for sure.

And Ingram is going to be our best player beginning this season.

Last edited:
I dont get it. He's literally their best player at 21 and will still be their best player regardless of who they draft.

Gotta pair him with a defensive PG though.

Only a select few dummies feel this way.

Ingram was the 2nd pick in the one of the worst classes ever. Played the entire year & didn't even finish as a ROY finalist. That's embarrassing.

What did Ingram do in his rookie year that was better than Dlo's rookie year?

Last edited:
and now D'Lo is a bum Lakers fans want to get rid of...

Na. Most of us want Ball and D'Lo to run that backcourt together. They're both interchangeable because they can both shoot and create for others. Only a few Lakers fans think D'Lo is a bum and needs to go.

Starboy>>>>Dollywood.

Faster
Longer
Realer
Big Baller

il_fullxfull.605748123_5hsx.jpg

I don't think he's a bum anymore but if he's who the Lakers envisioned he would be when they drafted him, they wouldn't be even considering Ball or Fox in the first place.

I'm not even championing D'Lo as being the greatest, and his impact on winning is yet to be seen.

But he's being surrounded by trash, and he's been the only player who has shown any real inkling of being anything worth a damn out of the Lakers young Core. LAL is not good enough to even be thinking about getting rid of D'Lo when you don't even know if any other young guy including Lonzo is a good NBA player. That's crazy.

I don't think he's a bum anymore but if he's who the Lakers envisioned he would be when they drafted him, they wouldn't be even considering Ball or Fox in the first place.
Meh, the Lakers are terrible and on a BPA basis, I think they would have unless D'Lo was just destroying it, which he isn't.

My whole thing is that Brandon Ingram, Randle, Clarkson, etc. none of these guys have been close to being better than D'Lo. He's the only one who's shown any sort of promise, and yet Laker fans want to get rid of him. The Lakers aren't in a position to be giving away any young talent, especially the player who's clearly been the best one.

Randle as flawed as he is shown to be a serviceable starter, BI came on strong as well and has more physical tools at his disposal, Zu was effective in the time he had as well, and Clarkson plays his role. You're being hyperbolic, it's not like D'Lo has proven to have star potential based on his inconsistency, lack of maturity and how he’s had some type of issue with 2 different coaching staffs. You can't proclaim yourself to be a leader and then have nobody follow you or play like one.

Why does it matter who runs the point for the Lakers whether it's Ball or D'Lo especially with Luke Walton's offense predicated on off ball screens and motion like the Warriors. Hell, Steph Curry doesn't even bring the ball up half the time. Lakers are not running a ball handler dominant offense.

grevis has to be the the slowest human being to ever be a somewhat effective perimiter player in the NBA. :lol:

Only thing Lonzo and Grevis got in common is being 6'6 and having temps :lol:

Still remember grevis transition to PG his fresh yr at UMD. Him and Eric Hayes basically swapped positions midway thru the year.
Eric Hayes! he was a real one...gotta luv those Greivis era terps, shout out to random players like cliff tucker and Landon Milbounre, and Dino/Braxton/Moseley from round way :pimp:

Also alota yall sleep on Ball, dont think he's a franchise type player but no reason he shouldn't be a good...his limitations are overblown a lil bit imo

Laker fans really don't wanna get rid of Dlo. The majority of people I talk to actually do hold him in high regard. Only a select few who wanna trade him, but what can you do? There's people like that in every fan base.

Laker fans really don't wanna get rid of Dlo. The majority of people I talk to actually do hold him in high regard. Only a select few who wanna trade him, but what can you do? There's people like that in every fan base.

Maybe in your circle. There's a sizeable amount of Laker fans that are over him already.

Well he's not gunna get traded so who cares about what some Laker fans think.

Unless you'd like to do a leemealone/whip wager :nerd:

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure once PG13 comes on board whenever that is Ratsull is outta here.

Too much D Lo talk in a 2017 draft thread :lol: :smh: ...but I will say for the Lakers fans I would be hoping that assuming they draft Ball, him and Russell form a solid back court while Ingram taps into his potential and is top dawg...that would be lit for LA

Back
Top Bottom