The NBA Draft Thread

Greivis also averaged 14 pts and 9 assists the one year he was starting for New Orleans. Do we expect Lonzo to average anything much different from that in the league?

Greivis also averaged 14 pts and 9 assists the one year he was starting for New Orleans. Do we expect Lonzo to average anything much different from that in the league?
jason kidd averaged 12.6 pts and 8.7 asts his career and he's considered top 5 pg ever. what's ur point? 

jason kidd averaged 12.6 pts and 8.7 asts his career and he's considered top 5 pg ever. what's ur point? 
Kidd is also one of the best defensive PGs of all time which is why he's considered what he is. Lonzo's defense isn't remotely close. That is why the Kidd comp bugs me so much.

Last edited:
How many guys in this draft have best player on a championship team potential?

I would argue only 2, Fultz and Fox

don't see a lot of ceiling with the rest of these guys.

Fultz, Jackson and my sleeper (where's the fun in not taking a chance) is Issac.

Kidd is also one of the best defensive PGs of all time which is why he's considered what he is. Lonzo's defense isn't remotely close. That is why the Kidd comp bugs me so much.
I agree. Ball need to improve he's d like the way Kidd improved he's dreadful jumpshot. Not saying Ball will ever reach Jason Kidd's level, but I think Lonzo is closer to Kidd than Vazquez 

You realize grevis played all 4 years in college and the season you quote was his third year as a pro and his best year...

You realize grevis played all 4 years in college and the season you quote was his third year as a pro and his best year...
I do. Look at Greivis' per 36 numbers though throughout his career when he was healthy. He was basically 14/4/7.

I am just very skeptical that Lonzo will just magically find an in-between game where he'll be able to score off the dribble at a high level. Without that ability, and without good defense, I think his impact on the game will be closer to Grevis' than Kidd.

I get you. I guess what it comes down to is me thinking ball can be an adequate starting guard

Grevis is like borderline starting material imo

That's where the disconnect is for me

Last edited:
Brahhhh I don't care what pace he's playing at. He ain't averaging those numbers :lol:

I'll bet on it

When is the last time a rookie pg averaged 15 and 8 his first year? Three PGs in the NBA did that this year (CP3, wall, westbrook).

Well two guys who weren't even top 50 prospects coming in are now projected first rounders. I think that leads some credence to the 'Zo effect' one would think. I really don't think all this leadership stuff is hot air with him which is something the Show is lacking desperately especially on a young squad.

Your spin game when it comes to Lonzo Ball is ridiculous. Them alternative facts :lol:

You're the Kellyanne Conway of the Ball campaign.

Last edited:
When is the last time a rookie pg averaged 15 and 8 his first year? Three PGs in the NBA did that this year (CP3, wall, westbrook).

Well two guys who weren't even top 50 prospects coming in are now projected first rounders. I think that leads some credence to the 'Zo effect' one would think. I really don't think all this leadership stuff is hot air with him which is something the Show is lacking desperately especially on a young squad.

Your spin game when it comes to Lonzo Ball is ridiculous. Them alternative facts :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just wanted to chime in on the Lonzo/Greivis talk. I was at UMD during the Greivis era, so I got to watch all of his games...

I do think the comparison has it's merits to a point. I don't think the passing ability is all that different between the two. Lonzo is a better shooter and is a quicker, bouncier athlete. Greivis was a FAR superior scorer off the dribble though and was very good in the PnR. You could rely on Greivis to get you a bucket when you needed it, and that even goes back to his freshman year. He wanted to be THE guy. That is something that I'm not quite sure I see in Lonzo.
Lonzo was THE guy at UCLA, he made that team go ...he got on the team and everything changed for em, n the best thing bout is he didn't have to get buckets to impact his team just being on the floor made the rest of the squad better ...I got confidence he'll figure something out in the NBA too

I'm suprised by all the fox luv tho , his biggest weakness is probly the main thing u wanna be sure your pg can do at the very least in 2017 ...he CAN'T SHOOT and hasn't shown that he can be trusted to hit an open jumper but y'all more concerned bout Lonzo's weaknesses ? :lol: ....once again I don't think he's a franchise guy buy ppl a lil too worried about his limitations

Last edited:
Lonzo was THE guy at UCLA, he made that team go ...he got on the team and everything changed for em, n the best thing bout is he didn't have to get buckets to impact his team just being on the floor made the rest of the squad better ...I got confidence he'll figure something out in the NBA too

I'm suprised by all the fox luv tho , his biggest weakness is probly the main thing u wanna be sure your pg can do at the very least in 2017 ...he CAN'T SHOOT and hasn't shown that he can be trusted to hit an open jumper but y'all more concerned bout Lonzo's weaknesses ? :lol:
Elf might have traumatized you on fox hehe

I'm suprised by all the fox luv tho , his biggest weakness is probly the main thing u wanna be sure your pg can do at the very least in 2017 ...he CAN'T SHOOT and hasn't shown that he can be trusted to hit an open jumper but y'all more concerned bout Lonzo's weaknesses ? :lol:
Elf might have traumatized you on fox hehe
I'm trying give these dudes the warnings from 1st hand experience :lol: ...I've come around to shooting being a must at PG after being let down time and time again , it ain't as easy as " he just gon improve his jumper once he in the league "

Your spin game when it comes to Lonzo Ball is ridiculous. Them alternative facts
laugh.gif

As I do sometimes I read an article too fast and post. The 50 number was actually the offensive efficiency that UCLA had the previous season before Zo got to UCLA and they went to 2nd this year. Ike Anigbogu was definitely not in the top prospects though coming into this season and now he's a late 1st rd pick in most mock drafts.

Back
Top Bottom