The NBA Draft Thread

That could be. But tbh I wasn't impressed with MW during his one year at UNC. He came in with a lot of hype but he was used in a 6th man role instead of the next big thing for Tar Heel basketball.

I used to be completely off the Tatum train, but honestly, he might be the most NBA ready player out of anyone here outside of Fultz. Doubt he ever reaches that PG ceiling, but he reminds me a lot of a young healthy Wilson Chandler.

Some of y'all gotta actually go back and watch a few games of some of these prospects to get a good feel for em ...articles and lil videos around this time ain't gon tell u much :lol:

But as an FSU fan I watched all of Isaacs and D bacon's game so I'll give a lil breakdown from what I saw ...

Isaac: defensive potential and versatility is off the charts , he moves his feet n isn't scared to throw the lil body he has around ...was a great rim protector too

Has a nose and passion for rebounding, he's not scared to mix it up in the paint at all which is surprising giving his thin frame ...his jumper is just ok, if you leave him open it's a lil better than average chance he makes it ...he can't dribble or put the ball on the floor right now and at FSU he bought in to the team ball with Bacon and rathan mayes being the go to guys...as said before Len Hamilton rotations and subs were bad last year too ...overall if he gets stronger and develops a few moves no reason he won't be a solid player on a good team , he already has the work ethic and skills required .

Real quick on Bacon ...great mid range but doesn't have many dribbles moves , mostly straight line power drives and can knock down the open 3 ...strong and athletic can finish thru any contact , can play defense when he wants to ...he sometimes gets locked into hero ball mode and tries to do it all himself instead of playing team ball ...real STREAKY

Not sold on Isaac. He just screams another guy with loads of potential that wont ever reach it. Like another Anthony Randolph or Austin Daye. Plus I read a bunch of how he shied away at FSU and never really took over.

Solid role player? Sure. If he had that take over mentality, he'd be a top 3 pick.

Nah man...I watched him in person dominate a National Champion UNC team at Chapel Hill on both sides of the floor whenever he was actually in the game. Leonard Hamilton would randomly just sub him back out every few minutes and kept literally taking out the entire 5 that was on the floor for a new 5. That dude is AWFUL. Isaac is the truth...I don't know who to compare him to but he is damn sure not Anthony Randolph or Austin Daye. I don't think he'll be a superstar franchise level player, but you're not expecting that out of a pick from like 6-10. He has a chance to be really, really good and win his team a lot of games though.

And alotta or the times n seems like especially lately "NBA Ready" hasn't fared well once they got to the actual NBA :lol:

And alotta or the times n seems like especially lately "NBA Ready" hasn't fared well once they got to the actual NBA
laugh.gif
i fell into this trap with my man kriss dunn

smh 

Didn't Rashard Lewis have a couple years in Seattle where he put up over 20 a game?

Don't think Isaac will ever be that good of a scorer

Jon Issac gets subbed out randomly due to his Asthma.

He had to sit during the Syracuse game (for example) because he couldn't breathe.

Last edited:
Jon Issac gets subbed out randomly due to his Asthma.

He had to sit during the Syracuse game (for example) because he couldn't breathe.

Damn I had no clue :lol:

Leonard has always been some trash with his rotations either way though

Jon Isaac is my 2nd fav player in the draft.... He may not be a star (1st or 2nd option) but I think he will have a long productive career.

...and if he lands in the right spot he can be a borderline all-star every year.

Im not on the Isaac train either. There's upside potential but I just don't see it happening.

Lmao I love quotes like this.

Yeah because scouts care what YOU think of his future [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Like I said at this point you draft a dude like him based on his potential ANY SPOT after 2. Dudes judging him based on reading articles lmao

Last edited:
Im not on the Isaac train either. There's upside potential but I just don't see it happening.

Lmao I love quotes like this.

Yeah because scouts care what YOU think of his future [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Like I said at this point you draft a dude like him based on his potential ANY SPOT after 2. Dudes judging him based on reading articles lmao
They admit to never watching an actual game ! Good ole draft time analysis :lol:

And I always say this but this draft might have 3 all stars MAX ...you hoping your squad finds a solid player or somebody that can be on the rotation on a winning team ...this time of year everybody think they drafting their next star

Last edited:
Straight up gassed. These "scouts' watch every single game and attend practices yet still draft busts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom