The NBA Draft Thread

Im not on the Isaac train either. There's upside potential but I just don't see it happening.

Lmao I love quotes like this.

Yeah because scouts care what YOU think of his future [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Like I said at this point you draft a dude like him based on his potential ANY SPOT after 2. Dudes judging him based on reading articles lmao
They admit to never watching an actual game ! Good ole draft time analysis :lol:

And I always say this but this draft might have 3 all stars MAX ...you hoping your squad finds a solid player or somebody that can be on the rotation on a winning team ...this time of year everybody think they drafting their next star

Jesus I watched him play chill out :lol: Feel free to search and quote me where I admitted to not watching a game of someone I shared my opinion on. I didn't even say he's trash, I just don't think he's going to be as good as others think he will be. I hope he is great and exceeds my expectations for both of our sake, I'd rather see more good basketball players than not. I don't read draft articles or analysis from "experts," I only comment on players I've seen play in an actual game. There's more players I haven't named because I haven't watched them than players I've mentioned in here. It's kind of lame to label that on someone just because you don't like their opinion. I honestly don't know a single person that writes about upcoming prospects. I look at mock drafts for ***** and giggles every now and then but even then I do that with football more than basketball.
It's a draft thread and I'm sharing my thoughts on a prospect, when the **** did I say scouts should listen to me? I never claimed to be an expert or say my word is golden.
You guys get too quick on assumptions and antagonizing for no reason.

Last edited:
nah CJ didnt see the floor that first year....well like 10 mins

we talking strictly guards?  

bc Kat came in and did his thing from the start. 

Last edited:
KAT was projected to be more raw coming out of college while Oak was the NBA ready prospect.

Dame was 21

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't KAT play like a beast during his tourney run?

Regardless, Oak definitely looked the part all season at Duke. What a shame.

Man oak averaged 17 as a rookie. He did his part.

Whether or not he's a franchise player is a different question but he put up good numbers

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't KAT play like a beast during his tourney run?

For sure, he was good enough to be in #1 talks all season but he wasn't nearly as polished as Oak.

It is a shame, but that's the thing, Turner did his thing in college, and so did Dunn, Emeka, Derrick Williams and others. they were all considered "the surest thing", to me I take that as a negative based off historical picks. I will always choose potential over NBA readiness.

NBA ready is about having translatable skills and the strength/size to handle NBA athletes. That DEFINITELY includes prospects with a lot of potential.

Okafor got the MCW treatment. Normally I don't subscribe to the looter in a riot axiom but that's exactly what it was

Okafor had less weapons in the riot this year and still put up solid numbers.

I wish Philly would let him go so he can fulfill his destiny as a bucket getting big off of the bench. The wizards could have used him

I wish Philly would let him go so he can fulfill his destiny as a bucket getting big off of the bench. The wizards could have used him
He could easily be that Kanter/Monroe type player for almost any team. Dude needs to become a better rebounder though.

We are more than willing to move him...if more GM's had the same thought process as you then he'd be on a different team by now.

I'm not lying though when I say we were better this year any time he wasn't on the court for us. His defensive effort is just awful and he stops the ball so bad and refuses to take open shots when his defender sags off him and instead will dribble into them and post back up and waste more clock. It's just an eyesore to watch after you see an insane all around talent like Embiid come out of the game right before him. They play the same position but play it like they're from two different worlds :lol: Richaun Holmes on the other hand has been awesome on both sides of the floor whenever he's gotten the minutes

Atleast Kanter can rebound and Monroe can pass. Okafor strictly scores and does nothing else. Def needs to come off the bench.

Last edited:
gotta get oak on a team where he can learn....hes still coming off a torn acl

So it's the Sixers fault that he can't "learn"? Embiid and Holmes improved their games x a million since they got in the league. Some guys just are who they are and don't wanna change especially if they were a highly ranked player their whole career.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom