The NBA Draft Thread

I'm not sure anyone wants Okafor..  That's the problem.
He just doesn't really have much trade value because he plays such a specialized role. He can definitely be a good scorer for you off the bench, but literally does nothing else. I don't see what a team would be willing to give up just for that.

Okafor also has never had a torn ACL by the way...he just had surgery for a small meniscus tear.

Im not on the Isaac train either. There's upside potential but I just don't see it happening.

Lmao I love quotes like this.

Yeah because scouts care what YOU think of his future [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Like I said at this point you draft a dude like him based on his potential ANY SPOT after 2. Dudes judging him based on reading articles lmao
They admit to never watching an actual game ! Good ole draft time analysis :lol:

And I always say this but this draft might have 3 all stars MAX ...you hoping your squad finds a solid player or somebody that can be on the rotation on a winning team ...this time of year everybody think they drafting their next star

Jesus I watched him play chill out :lol: Feel free to search and quote me where I admitted to not watching a game of someone I shared my opinion on. I didn't even say he's trash, I just don't think he's going to be as good as others think he will be. I hope he is great and exceeds my expectations for both of our sake, I'd rather see more good basketball players than not. I don't read draft articles or analysis from "experts," I only comment on players I've seen play in an actual game. There's more players I haven't named because I haven't watched them than players I've mentioned in here. It's kind of lame to label that on someone just because you don't like their opinion. I honestly don't know a single person that writes about upcoming prospects. I look at mock drafts for ***** and giggles every now and then but even then I do that with football more than basketball.
It's a draft thread and I'm sharing my thoughts on a prospect, when the **** did I say scouts should listen to me? I never claimed to be an expert or say my word is golden.
You guys get too quick on assumptions and antagonizing for no reason.
You wrote all that when I wasn't even talking to u , must have hit a nerve tho :lol:

Im not on the Isaac train either. There's upside potential but I just don't see it happening.

Lmao I love quotes like this.

Yeah because scouts care what YOU think of his future [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Like I said at this point you draft a dude like him based on his potential ANY SPOT after 2. Dudes judging him based on reading articles lmao
They admit to never watching an actual game ! Good ole draft time analysis :lol:

And I always say this but this draft might have 3 all stars MAX ...you hoping your squad finds a solid player or somebody that can be on the rotation on a winning team ...this time of year everybody think they drafting their next star

Jesus I watched him play chill out :lol: Feel free to search and quote me where I admitted to not watching a game of someone I shared my opinion on. I didn't even say he's trash, I just don't think he's going to be as good as others think he will be. I hope he is great and exceeds my expectations for both of our sake, I'd rather see more good basketball players than not. I don't read draft articles or analysis from "experts," I only comment on players I've seen play in an actual game. There's more players I haven't named because I haven't watched them than players I've mentioned in here. It's kind of lame to label that on someone just because you don't like their opinion. I honestly don't know a single person that writes about upcoming prospects. I look at mock drafts for ***** and giggles every now and then but even then I do that with football more than basketball.
It's a draft thread and I'm sharing my thoughts on a prospect, when the **** did I say scouts should listen to me? I never claimed to be an expert or say my word is golden.
You guys get too quick on assumptions and antagonizing for no reason.
You wrote all that when I wasn't even talking to u , must have hit a nerve tho :lol:

You quoted a comment that was directed at me, that wasn't for you.

DSJ has a 48" vert :wow:

Word is the Magic gave him a promise

Workout vert test they allow a running start but the draft combine they dont, so a 48 with a runnig start is still impressive

I'd still take that number cause he's always banging on someone and he'll be running when he plays anyway

To anybody who followed DSJ, Is there any truth to this narrative that DSJ quit on his team?

I definitely would like to see how he pans out.

To anybody who followed DSJ, Is there any truth to this narrative that DSJ quit on his team?

It seemed like any time he could sense his squad was about to be blown out and the last stretch of the season he played like he didnt care, just going thru the motions .... that whole team was a mess tho, especially after they fired the coach but still made him finish out the season :lol: :smh:

But yea DSJ effort and playing level were lacking at times throughout the season, didn't like that about him

Last edited:
But yea DSJ effort and playing level were lacking at times throughout the season, didn't like that about him
Frankly, I'd be terrified of him if I were a place like Orlando or Phoenix or New York where I didn't have a really solid foundation to bring him in to.

I legit probably wouldn't touch him if I were a team that wasn't at least really close to breaking through and being competitive.

I think Vogel can shape things in Orlando in his capacity. Not sure about their upper management though

Most teams in the lottery by nature aren't going to be close to breaking through

Last edited:
Frankly, I'd be terrified of him if I were a place like Orlando or Phoenix or New York where I didn't have a really solid foundation to bring him in to.

I legit probably wouldn't touch him if I were a team that wasn't at least really close to breaking through and being competitive.
DSJ can become that solid foundation

Not the case. He was surrounded by a terrible team and Gottfried being a horrible coach and being fired half way through the year didn't help.

State fans always blamed him for jacking up shots but he was the only one who was worth a damn.

Suns beat writer says Josh Jackson has gotten a promise from either the Lakers or Sixers(guesses LA as that was the only team he worked out for)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom