The NBA Draft Thread

Less concerned with his shooting motion. More concerned with the fact that he doesn't shoot off the dribble. Most of his shots were step backs, not shooting off the bounce. This is concerning because how many shots will he be able to get off in a slowed down game? He'll probably be deadly on spot ups in transition, but I'm weary of his half court game.

Some team is gunna get a steal with Monk. I'd be praying for Monk daily if I was a Knicks fan.

Last edited:
Same problem that Austin has / had when it comes to shooting technique off the dribble going right for Lonzo.

Like Austin did, He's going to have to develop a floater, runner, etc. going right.

I don't think he is, at least for the Lakers. And still you don't give away who you're taking. And as many leaks as are coming from these random dudes (besides Ding) there's a lot of stuff about other front offices all but admitting this is a front being put on by the Lakers. 

It's clear as day you don't have the slightest clue but keep spinnin' it brah :lol:

Last edited:
Damn my guy Lavar gon have alotta purple n gold baller brand merch just wasting away if the Lakers pass on Lonzo :lol: :smh:

I trust Colangelo with draft picks and he has a healthy history but absolutely not with trades.

PG doesn't make sense given his age.
Butler is a diva and a bad influence for the young team.
We have not seen this team play at full health to make proper decisions.

I hope the Sixers stay patient and make the right moves without trying to take shortcuts.

If we need to make any trades, it would be trading Oak but I doubt we will get much in return given his skillset and us basically getting nothing for Noel.

I just hope we don't trade our way into second round exits. We should be taking the course similar to OKC and Golden State by drafting right and developing the right talent. That is what the process is about.

He's gonna make some bold moves this offseason to expedite the rebuilding process. Literally right after the draft lottery was over the interview that Colangelo gave he said it was good to finally see what our assets look like for this summer in regards to making moves/trades. Even if it's not trading for PG I guarantee he makes some type of pretty big moves.

That worries me a lot...

Josh Jackson coming in for a second workout this afternoon with the Lakers after they worked out De'Aaron Fox this morning. Interesting.

One note on the Sixers...

They haven't even worked out any of the top prospects yet. Only guys they've worked out as far as I've seen are late 1st/2nd round/undrafted guys. I would not hold it past Colangelo to flip the pick and other assets for PG, Butler, etc. He wants to win right now and I could see him gambling on something like that paying off. I know we were one of the teams in on PG at the trade deadline but they wanted too much at the time. We made them a legitimate offer too, I forget what it was exactly.

I think when it is all said and done they end up with Josh Jackson unless the Kings want to move the #5 and #10

I'm starting to become a lot more intrigued by the prospect of the Lakers taking Josh Jackson. As someone mentioned earlier, him and Ingram would give teams fits.

Who is providing perimeter scoring for PHI if it's Fox who they take?

What's Tatum's ceiling?

Will Monk's size affect him defensively in the NBA, the last hurdle where height, lack there of, has mattered for so many and transcended by a shy handful?

Why did Lauri not take a shot in the last 18 minutes of Arizona's elimination game, and is someone that has shown no command in some of the biggest moments going to really make an impact at richer talent level?

Why is the gap between Donovan Mitchell and Ivan Rabb so vast? And Ivan Rabb and others for that matter?

Will Justin Patton try harder for his second contract than he's trying for his first paycheck?

Who is talking **** about Lonzo from the LA P.O.V.? Sounds an awful lot like teams below LA are planting negativity in the heart of LA-based/disseminated media to try to drive down his value/curate seeds of skepticism.

Frank will get no love as draft experts are on their fourth year of overhyping international prospects that didn't exactly warrant it in the end.

Why did Ben Simmons get the doghouse for failing to make the tourney, while Fultz skated by barely grazed by the same sort of sentiment?

What exactly was Dennis Smith's freshman season and why should we think he's worthy of a top-10 selection?

Take a gander, I rambled, so mansplain why I'm a misguided peasant on any of these if you'd like. Indulge, why don't you?

I wouldn't even hate his form if he was more creative/crafty off the bounce

If he had a lil wiggle he'd be iight with that form.
cant wait to see how he gonna get that jumper off. Players gonna figure out that step quick as hell.

Knicks lose if they draft Monk.

Wait my mans are you really asking why is Dennis considered a top 10 pick?

Last edited:
Well on the Ben vs Fultz not making the tourney issue thats a simple answer...LSU had a solid recruiting class coming in overall including Simmons and another 5 star, plus they had some vets from the year before...they were expected to make the tourney and be one of the better teams in the SEC but lack of team chemistry and coaching betrayed them

Washington was trash and everybody knew this, all they had going for em was Fultz coming in so there were no team expectations...so nobody really cared to criticize Fultz for his team's record

One of LSU's key seniors got hurt and sat out permanently late in the 2015-16 season. They were on the bubble then.

My point is why do we place emphasis on what seems to be an arbritrary end result of a team, and why are we inconsistent with who we shade for his team winning or not winning the necessary 22-23 games? I'm much more confident in my opinion on Simmons' eventual stardom than Fultz's, matter of perspective though.

Last edited:
He's an elite shooter and has plenty of times hit shots with players knowing exactly when he'll pull up. For a shooter that good it doesn't matter if you "figure out that step".

Strongly believe he can have a better career than undersized two guards before him (Foye, Mayo, Buddy, etc). He might never be a multiple all star, but he's good enough to be a 15-18ppg player.

Last edited:
He's an offensive insurance policy for the Wolves if Lavine were to have a terrible comeback from injury.

And not having any of the authentic, team-confidential medical info on Lavine's progress, that is at least something Wolves fans and front-office members ideally would be thinking ahead about.

After that, Monk's career defensive contributions would just be a lovely bonus because Lavine has started well in the hole on that half of the court.

And there's a chance Monk actually 'could' play defense with competence vs the step up in competition, eventually. The bigger players he'd have to match up on is the core of concerns but his defense strictly from Year 1 of college ball was impressive.

Last edited:
People only care about team results if they feel like it was a good roster that underachieved or a squad that was close but couldn't get over the hump...they wonder why the star player couldnt push a decent team to another level...me personally idc, cuz its still a team sport at the end of the day and I know better

Fultz was going into one of the worst major conference teams last season, only expectations were highlights and numbers from him ...a criticism of why he chose to go to that squad in the 1st place would be more valid than the team not winning enough games

Was right next to Dennis Smith at the drew last weekend as he was telling ppl about the Knicks *shrugs*

Last edited:
Simmons will be an elite NBA talent and not making the tourney will be looked back on as a stupid argument

he didn't even want to be there and he has made that pretty clear

Back
Top Bottom