The NBA Draft Thread

So lemme get this right....the Lakers pick has to be within 2-5 for the Celtics to get it next year or else they get the Kings pick the next year (possibly with protections?)...so if the Lakers get the #6 pick we still get it plus we keep all of our own future picks :lol:

So lemme get this right....the Lakers pick has to be within 2-5 for the Celtics to get it next year or else they get the Kings pick the next year (possibly with protections?)...so if the Lakers get the #6 pick we still get it plus we keep all of our own future picks
laugh.gif
Yep

How does Boston afford IT, Butler, Hayward, and Horford's contracts?

Hope this move means that Hayward is coming to Miami

Easy. IT is still getting paid peanuts. They are a few hundred grand short of Hayward's 30.6 million salary for next season. They can trade Crowder or Bradley and filler to match Jimmy's 19 mil for next year. And then if they want to keep IT2 they can go over the cap next summer to do so.

**** man

I pray Godfather Pat is persuasive enough to get Hayward down here. He's going to ask Gordon whether he wants to be Boston's third option or Miami's first. Hopefully it's the latter.

I think Stevens is gonna be extremely prepared from an Xs and Os perspective for the Hayward meeting. He's gonna show him exactly how he'll be used in the offense. Play by play, possession by possession :lol: If he's willing to leave Utah then it's probably Boston

The team trading for the pick will damn sure care :lol: bad tweet

The Pacers are the team that would be most stupid to not take take a deal with the Celtics and get some of these picks so they can just start rebuilding around the #3 pick, Myles Turner and whoever else with the future picks.

And PG would be stupid to not wanna play for them. They'd give him by far the best opportunity to contend over the next few years depending on if they'd have to give up any current players and if they'd be signing Hayward or trading for Butler also.

How does Boston afford IT, Butler, Hayward, and Horford's contracts?

Hope this move means that Hayward is coming to Miami

Easy. IT is still getting paid peanuts. They are a few hundred grand short of Hayward's 30.6 million salary for next season. They can trade Crowder or Bradley and filler to match Jimmy's 19 mil for next year. And then if they want to keep IT2 they can go over the cap next summer to do so.

**** man

I pray Godfather Pat is persuasive enough to get Hayward down here. He's going to ask Gordon whether he wants to be Boston's third option or Miami's first. Hopefully it's the latter.

I think Stevens is gonna be extremely prepared from an Xs and Os perspective for the Hayward meeting. He's gonna show him exactly how he'll be used in the offense. Play by play, possession by possession :lol: If he's willing to leave Utah then it's probably Boston

That seems to be the consensus opinion around the NBA right now. We'll see though. According to everyone, LeBron was basically a Knick until he signed for Miami in 2010.

Crazy the first 4 picks are in exactly the same order now in consecutive years.

I don't see ainge trading for PG If he's non-commital

Trading for Jimmy makes the most sense (unless your name is Crowder) since he's still under contract
PG a FA the same year you gotta decide if you're paying IT ...that won't end well

If they get Jimmy, they should throw the brinks truck to Blake Griffin

Hats off to Philly tho

Last edited:
Since the Lakers were reportedly pursuing a trade with the Celtics for the 1st pick after Fultz impressed in his Laker workout, it's CRYSTAL CLEAR that Lonzo Ball is not a lock at #2 because if the Lakers were completely sold on Ball and had already made up their mind, they would not have tried to trade up to get Fultz.

That's all you need to know regarding why Lonzo will not be rocking the Purple and Gold. Magic ain't jumping aboard that silly hype train.

Sixers are OKC'ing things right now, let's hope for competitiveness sakes they don't commit the same mistakes the Thunder did and keep these guys together, I'll be pulling for them from afar. 

IT, Butler, Hayward, Horford

OR

IT, Butler, Griffin, Horford

Both scenarios sound great but I hope Ainge empties the clip for this instead...

IT, Hayward, Anthony Davis, Horford :smokin

Last edited:
IT, Butler, Hayward, Horford

OR

IT, Butler, Griffin, Horford

Both scenarios sound great but I hope Ainge empties the clip for this instead...

IT, Hayward, Anthony Davis, Horford :smokin

I think that's the player he's going for. Seriously. Ainge has been quoted as having something special up his sleeves. Pelicans just might take a deal with a ******** of draft picks

I still can't believe the 76ers are getting Fultz! 
smokin.gif

All my family from Philly is going crazy

I expected it to be a whole lot more the sixers would have to give up.

I mean Embiid/Simmons/Fultz/Saric/Furkan... If everyone stays healthy, this is an incredible core group (and yes I realize we haven't seen 3 of them in action yet)

I jokingly said it before this nba season but Bucks/76ers ECF 2020.

Also, I don't understand why people are so high on Josh Jackson.

Jumper is extremely broken. He is very old for his class. I just don't see the star potential at all.

Anyways #TrustTheProcess

Very pleased with how this is turning out

Simmons needed a point guard like this but to get a prospect of this caliber... they'll switch seamlessly from running the offense

Can't wait to see this team, philly fans were lit last year can only imagine this year

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom