The NBA Draft Thread

Lakers fans ought to start preparing for the big disappointment tomorrow. 

Media doing a superior job of hyping Lonzo and making him seem like a lock at #2 even when nothing stands out about his workout or college tape. So why all the allure? Why does the media continue to hype him up as the next special thing in Los Angeles? 

Could it be that the media is setting up Lavar and his son for a little bit of karma, as conspiracy theorists would say, because he hasn't been able to keep his big mouth shut and perhaps has overdone himself?

Lavar's big mouth guarantees that Lonzo will be a Laker. Lavar tells the world Lonzo has $500 shoes. Lavar says he would've beaten Michael Jordan 1-on-1.

As expected, the media buys it, runs with it, and takes it to another level. Next thing you know, the media tells all y'all that Lonzo is a lock at #2 even though Lonzo has an average NCAA tournament performance. But y'all buy it, thinking he's the next Jason Kidd lol. Yet y'all don't realize the media bringing him up just to tear him down at the end. That's what the media is great at. 

Meanwhile, Fox and Jackson go about their business and do their thing quietly but surely.

So the Media continues to swiftly build up Lonzo and his name, the Ball family is at an all time high, then BOOM! As if like a magic trick, just when everyone and their grandmothers think LAL is gonna take him, Magic and Rob "shock" the NBA world by drafting someone else. 

Lavar is brought back down to earth, the Ball family hits a dose of reality and realize all that hype was for naught because Lonzao "fell" to #4 or #5. People are wondering how this could be and how they didn't expect such a thing especially after everyone said the Lakers were going to draft him.

My oh my, how sweet the karma is. People may even blame Lavar for ruining his son's chances.

Last edited:
The Nets are making extremely smart moves, but they got no shot because of Billy King

At this point, they should be taking on some bad deals to get picks.. Have about $25-26mil in cap this year, and close to $45mil in 2018 (if they don't use any in 2017).. Take the next two years, and eat other teams' crap.

-I.e. Greg Monroe in Milwaukee... Taking him on for the 17th pick can take Milwaukee from almost over the luxury tax, to a team with $10mil in cap space

Last edited:

Media doing a superior job of hyping Lonzo and making him seem like a lock at #2 even when nothing stands out about his workout or college tape. So why all the allure? Why does the media continue to hype him up as the next special thing in Los Angeles? 

Could it be that the media is setting up Lavar and his son for a little bit of karma, as conspiracy theorists would say, because he hasn't been able to keep his big mouth shut and perhaps has overdone himself?

Lavar's big mouth guarantees that Lonzo will be a Laker. Lavar tells the world Lonzo has $500 shoes. Lavar says he would've beaten Michael Jordan 1-on-1.

As expected, the media buys it, runs with it, and takes it to another level. Next thing you know, the media tells all y'all that Lonzo is a lock at #2 even though Lonzo has an average NCAA tournament performance. But y'all buy it, thinking he's the next Jason Kidd lol. Yet y'all don't realize the media bringing him up just to tear him down at the end. That's what the media is great at. 

Meanwhile, Fox and Jackson go about their business and do their thing quietly but surely.

So the Media continues to swiftly build up Lonzo and his name, the Ball family is at an all time high, then BOOM! As if like a magic trick, just when everyone and their grandmothers think LAL is gonna take him, Magic and Rob "shock" the NBA world by drafting someone else. 

Lavar is brought back down to earth, the Ball family hits a dose of reality and realize all that hype was for naught because Lonzao "fell" to #4 or #5. People are wondering how this could be and how they didn't expect such a thing especially after everyone said the Lakers were going to draft him.

My oh my, how sweet the karma is. People may even blame Lavar for ruining his son's chances.
no. They hype it up so people will talk about it, like writing walls of text for instance.

Originally Posted by wHipLAshTw03  

no. They hype it up so people will talk about it, like writing walls of text for instance.
And what's the sole purpose to hype him up as a Laker? Because Lonzo's future marketability is largely tied to and highly depends on him playing in the Purple N Gold.

Lavar gonna market and promote him to death because Lavar knows his son not only got ate up by Fox in the tourney, but was also mediocre and average in the 3 games he played in March.

Lonzo's numbers versus ranked college teams declined across the board in comparison to his overall season numbers. He nothing but hype and I don't see this kid becoming anything close to a star.

Y'all in here got Buc Em typing with his shirt off.
laugh.gif

iguodala has a great feel for the game. I think that's one of Jackson's biggest issues.
I think Jackson does as well, and you can see it in his passing when he has the ball, knowing when to cut he doesn't have the ball, and his ability to read passing lanes when he's defending.

How bout the comp for Josh Jackson is just....Josh Jackson :lol: and we'll see how it plays out

Anyways Draft day :pimp:

Jackson definitely showed signs of passing potential

If you compare Gerald Wallace and jackson at 20 I think you'd see a difference

Although crash ended up having a solid career no doubt, his physical tools were so elite. How's iggys wingspan compared to Jackson's ? Iggy was always versatile and could ball handle when needed

How bout the comp for Josh Jackson is just....Josh Jackson :lol: and we'll see how it plays out

Anyways Draft day :pimp:
you known what I mean .. This always happening ... People come in here and try to talk like experts and **** and when draft day is over and the end of the season is over .. No where to be found.

Let them dudes play and then start comparing ...

All i know is that 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 pick or whatever are not worth a KP at this point in time ... Phil is a Bozo ... Sixers been have top 3 picks in how many years? Still a laughing stock .. Although I see potential ..

If I was Phil I would trade my 8th and Memo for Jimmy Butler ... **** it.

Phil just trying get fired and keep those checks coming in thats all...then he can move back west and try to get his Laker lady back, Kristaps just a sacrifice in the plan :lol:

It's Christmas in June fellas. Good luck to everyone's squad. Hopefully there's fireworks tonight.

Back
Top Bottom