'' THE NEW AIR JORDAN 2009 BLK/GOLD AND WHITE / BLACK''

Originally Posted by RockDeep

These aren't what they used to be....and I really wish folks could see a shoe from Concept so they can know the absolute butchering that happens along the way taking away from the initial Design Intent the Designer had....
Tell us what they looked like. These looked like the same version that I saw earlier.

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

^ Rock, so it was changed from the samples you had praised before?

Very much so... VERY VERY VERY VERY much so...

Tell us what they looked like. These looked like the same version that I saw earlier.
Not sure how I'd paint a picture.. but the heel portion was all the way different and there was material used on the vents you see that wasfar nicer with a silk feel almost. The Heel was more of a spring plate which could literally make you jump higher...

If you saw anything that looks like whats posted.. its not an early sample at all.

Just like I have explained in other posts about what designers must deal with from Concept to Retail happens once again.

Politics and interference from those who should focus on other things and let Designers do what they do. You all can bash it, but knowing what it looked likebefore which would have put Jordan prducts on another level if it were allowed to stay the same.. I feel bad for Jay May cause he had a Masterpiece...

FYI.. for any thinkin Im just whistling dixie.. believe you me... I have told these same dudes when certain designs aint all that tuff. Which is why theyrespect my friendship as much as they respect my professional opinion. Many folks will tell a guy everything he does is the best thing since sliced bread.. Ijust tell them like it is.

But best believe.. the stuff that hits retail gets bastardized ALOT...

i know we all have hated a AJ model at first sight and then turned out loving it months/weeks later,but this one im certain i don't feel much for,idon't even sense the inspiration behind it besides the AJ XX and XIV.im suprised they never sought out inspiration from the ninja/samurai or katana blade.

^^^ Hey ROCKDEEP did the earlier model of the 09' toe area look different? any better?, because these look too plain, reminds me of the 22's.

well it looks like most people just don't like this shoe but i will still wait for the real thing to drop before i decide if i am going to cop a pair ornot......................peace

i am glad everybody enjoyed the pics ..............thanks

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

^ Rock, so it was changed from the samples you had praised before?

Very much so... VERY VERY VERY VERY much so...

Not sure how I'd paint a picture.. but the heel portion was all the way different and there was material used on the vents you see that was far nicer with a silk feel almost. The Heel was more of a spring plate which could literally make you jump higher...

If you saw anything that looks like whats posted.. its not an early sample at all.

Just like I have explained in other posts about what designers must deal with from Concept to Retail happens once again.

Politics and interference from those who should focus on other things and let Designers do what they do. You all can bash it, but knowing what it looked like before which would have put Jordan prducts on another level if it were allowed to stay the same.. I feel bad for Jay May cause he had a Masterpiece...

FYI.. for any thinkin Im just whistling dixie.. believe you me... I have told these same dudes when certain designs aint all that tuff. Which is why they respect my friendship as much as they respect my professional opinion. Many folks will tell a guy everything he does is the best thing since sliced bread.. I just tell them like it is.

But best believe.. the stuff that hits retail gets bastardized ALOT...

Sounds like the higher ups at JB hate to see the new designer on the block get any new acolades. GH, err, I mean Ego is driving this brandstraight into the ground
tongue.gif
wink.gif

GH isn't there anymore ...He's Jordan Brand International now.... but Im not sure at what point this changed..before he went to another section of theBrand or after.

for those who are actually feeling this shoe...Sole-locker.com got the white ones for 220 in full size run.

a09159e7b7148659621d5508cabc0676d6b91e3.pjpg

can't seem to find anything that's in Varsity Red in these
eyes.gif

c30358f9e80ab26419d086fb5f9ff5f2ab72af5.pjpg

388159e7bb168a567e339af490414b1d57b1e17.pjpg

50e35d40e51ab4fb1f2f81425434445f15a3181.pjpg

^it says, "The Greatest There Ever Will Be"

^ HOLY SH..

for those pics !!!

*** I get the fencing inspiration now! Those flaps and folds and the sole look like scratch marks made from a fencing sword

Has anyone in ANY of the 2009 threads or THIS one posted the Inspiration behind the shoe and its original Look? if not I can explain..

Has anyone in ANY of the 2009 threads or THIS one posted the Inspiration behind the shoe and its original Look? if not I can explain..

assplain plz.

Back
Top Bottom