The Oakland Athletics 2013 Season Thread

View media item 377036
At least Bill Nye is an A's fan.

I just looked it up on Wikipedia and apparently he's a fan of the Mariners and Nats. So I don't know what the hell he's doing wearing the A's uniform.

Last edited:
Reddick better figure something out something quick, and when I say quick, I mean yesterday.

Ok. They called it. Now to actually look at the box score. Worked the Sox this game. Hopefully they can pull the series so they can have momentum playing Baltimore this weekend.

He's just not an ace. It was a mistake to invest in Brett and not Gio. We can't be serious contenders for the World Series with him at the front of the rotation.

Man, our starting rotation has been horrible. This is the worst starting pitching I've seen from this team in a while.

I agree Brett is not an ace. I don't mind him as our number 2 (when healthy) but not a number 1. At this point tho, we will have to survive off of pitching depth and not front of the rotation guys. Tomorrow is a big start for Parker. He was solid in his last outing, hopefully he can build of that because god knows we need it.

Also, nice to see Young have a good game. Now let's see it more than once in a blue moon.

I know we are struggling a lot and are only 7-9 against teams not named the Astros but our starting pitching can't be this bad this year, can it? I still think they can pick it up. Plus the offense is still missing Cespedes. Let's play some better baseball on this 7 game homestand please.

We can only go as far as our starting rotation goes. If Brett isn't going deep into games and starting us off in the right foot for any series, we are in big trouble.

He may not be an ace but he has been a good pitcher over the course of his career. I just don't believe he's turned this bad this fast. Maybe he's hurt again. Maybe he's lost confidence. I don't know, but it's still April and I think Curt Young can work with him and the rest of the staff still. Time will tell.

Straily's time is coming soon. I'll be sure to have tomorrow's lineup posted, sorry about missing it recently. The draft demanded all my attention today.

I was against sending Parker down to Sac but I think it might have to be done. He needs to get it back together and get his confidence up. This bullpen is gonna be dead by June. :smh:

4/27

Crisp, CF
Jaso, C
Smith, DH
Lowrie, SS
Moss, 1B
Donaldson, 3B
Reddick, RF
Young, LF
Sogard, 2B

Griffin, P

My luck on the last three bobble head games (A's and Warriors) I've atteneded:

Reggie Jackson - No
Steph Curry - No
Kay Thompson - No

Got here pretty early, 40 minutes before the gates opened.

This implosion by the starting pitching is incredible, I have never seen an Oakland rotation fall apart like this before.

He'll be back tomorrow, and he'll put a charge in the lineup. Then we're gonna beat the Orioles, then we're gonna take on the rest of the league, and we're gonna go all the way to the shiippppppppppp!!!!
[]

Glad we got back into the win column today. Very tough week to watch.

Hopefully Ces can get this offense going again. Also, how much longer until Weeks or Green get a shot at 2nd? I'm sick of watching Sogard.

We need a good outing from Straily tomorrow. Let's start the series out on the right foot. If he has a very impressive outing, I think he needs to be given the shot to stay.

Back
Top Bottom