The Official 2008 Chicago Bulls Off Season Thread: BG Signs 1 Year Deal; No one cares; BASEBALL FTW

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

- Derrick Rose is the fastest player I have ever seen with the ball.
You never seen North Carolina play?

You can not be seriously insinuating that Ty Lawson is faster with the ball than Pooh... PLEASE TELL ME THAT YOUR ARE NOT TRYING TO MAKE THAT CASE
laugh.gif
smh.gif

We need to bring in SHOOTER and put together a package to get Melo/Camby w/o getting rid of Noc and Tyrus.

C'mon Pax time to earn your paycheck got damnit!

I am gonna have to disagree with the NBA paint being FAR more tough on players. Dudes in the L are soft. Nobody throws a body into a small man getting into thelane. The problem is, it LOOKS tough because dudes flop all over. The only people that will take your head off if you come into the lane on the reg are Artest,Posey, Bowen. Those are all wings. The bigs in this league are not tough. They do not make you pay. I think Rose is going to be able to get to the rack andfinish. The kid is tough, strong and an unreal athlete. I think it is more of a perception that you get beat up in the paint.

I am wanting Rose more and more for the fact that he leads a team so damn well. The kid is a dynamo. They are going to need some shooter around him like Cakejust said and we do not have many on this team.

Here's an idea.

Blazers get
Hinrich
Nocioni

Bulls
Joel Pryzbilla
Steve Blake
Rights to Rudy Fernandez

Blazers move a center(they might rather trade Frye) to make room for Oden. They get their point guard. They add a defender and a perimeter shooter alreadytuned to the NBA game in Noc. They move a draft pick from last season that is untested in the NBA.

Bulls get their backup center, a backup point guard, and a future perimeter shooter and slasher.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

You can not be seriously insinuating that Ty Lawson is faster with the ball than Pooh... PLEASE TELL ME THAT YOUR ARE NOT TRYING TO MAKE THAT CASE
laugh.gif
smh.gif

We need to bring in SHOOTER and put together a package to get Melo/Camby w/o getting rid of Noc and Tyrus.

man can you see a line up of

PG Rose
SG BG
SF Deng
PF Melo
C Camby
in the east?!?! man stop it that would be
sick.gif
and we not eventalkin about how the bench would be lookin
pimp.gif

lets get it

Originally Posted by ghost43t

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

laugh.gif
smh.gif

man can you see a line up of

PG Rose
SG BG
SF Deng
PF Melo
C Camby
in the east?!?! man stop it that would be
sick.gif
and we not even talkin about how the bench would be lookin
pimp.gif

lets get it

Thats not favorable for us to have Melo at the 4... He can't Guard Sheed or KG, that would be flat out ABUSE... However him at the small would begreat we would have somebody to offset Paul and Keep Tayshaun occupied. This is why the development of Tyrus is so key for our future.

Rose excited about Bulls possibility

May 21, 2008
Recommend (49)

BY CLYDE TRAVIS

If the Bulls make hometown hero Derrick Rose the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft - as expected - that's just fine with Rose.

The Chicago native, who led Simeon High School to back-to-back state championships in 2006 and 2007, said Tuesday he is excited about the prospect of playing for the Bulls and acknowledged there would be some great benefits to playing in his hometown.

''I grew up in Englewood, played in the Chicago Public League, and it would be nice to make my hometown proud and give my family and friends the opportunity to see me play often,'' Rose said. ''I come from a very close family, and I have a very special bond with my brother Reggie, who has really helped guide and prepare me throughout my career in AAU, high school and college.''

In Rose's lone college season at Memphis, he guided the Tigers to the NCAA title game, where they lost to Kansas in overtime.

When asked about any drawbacks to playing in Chicago, Rose - who wore No. 23, which has been retired by the Bulls in honor of Michael Jordan, in high school in college - showed his humor.

''I kind of got used to wearing No. 23, but I know it's not going to happen in Chicago,'' he said. ''But that's a small price to pay for playing in my hometown.

''Every young kid who plays basketball dreams of playing in the NBA. The thought of being drafted by your hometown makes it extra special, especially when your team has a tradition like the Bulls and the great players that have come out of the organization. If it does happen, I promise to come ready and prepared to play, give it everything I have and do whatever I'm asked to do for the team.''

Most analysts rate Rose and Kansas State power forward Michael Beasley as the top two prospects in the draft, but the Bulls' greater need at point guard and Rose's ties to the city make his selection seem more likely.

''It's a great situation for Derrick if he has a chance to come back here,'' Reggie Rose said. ''He grew up watching that No. 23 [Jordan], and he knows the history of the team and the great management they have.

''Right now, he's just working out, and you never know what's going to happen. But it certainly would be great to see him come home and play.''
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AssistantSupervisor81

Our first priority should be to trade ben gordon.

BG is a restricted free-agent....the only way he can be traded is if he's signed....and then traded. I still want Ben on my team, I dont know about youguys. However, if BG still wants 10 mil per, then he can leave and go to a team that'll pay him that much.

And I dont like that Portland trade. We give up way too much for Pryszbilla and Blake.

Originally Posted by aRog27

Originally Posted by AssistantSupervisor81

Our first priority should be to trade ben gordon.

BG is a restricted free-agent....the only way he can be traded is if he's signed....and then traded. I still want Ben on my team, I dont know about you guys. However, if BG still wants 10 mil per, then he can leave and go to a team that'll pay him that much.

And I dont like that Portland trade. We give up way too much for Pryszbilla and Blake.

Word...BG will continue to do great on this team OFF the bench...but if he wants starter money, let him bounce.

I still want to see Beasley drafted, but Rose would be great too. I don't think it's gonna be a situation where we regret drafting Beasley if wedraft Rose and vice versa, I believe they'll both be great and will contribute equally.

Drafting Rose allows the Bulls to make more moves.....actually it forces them to make moves. Hopefully moves that benefit the team greatly.

how about gordon and the 36 pick the knicks for the 6th pick, bulls then trade that 6th pick and kirk(throw in tyrus if need be) to the heat for the 2nd pick

Noah
Beasley
Deng
Thabo
Rose

Drafting Rose allows the Bulls to make more moves.....actually it forces them to make moves. Hopefully moves that benefit the team greatly.
True, which is another reason to hope for the hometown kid. Because knowing our establishment if we draft Beasley they will get content with justthat
smh.gif
pimp.gif

I think the #1 priority is getting Melo this offseason. You have to at least make a run even if the Nuggets "aren't interested". You have tothrow Deng and Kirk at them early with future firsts. If they want to add Camby, you continue with future firsts and Goodens expiring contract. I just cannotsee anyway that Pax does not ,at the very least, make an offer for him. 23 years old and averaging 25 and 7 while shooting 49% and getting to the line 7 timesper game. He goes into the post and is great off the bounce. Defense isn't his best attribute but the 4 around him will be alot better than what he had inDenver. I think it could be a deadly team with he and Rose leading it for the next decade.

True, but with all these possible trade situation the Bulls could make if they draft Rose...which of those trades would have any real value?

Hinrich or BG would have to go, personally I choose Hinrich but his contract and last season makes it tough considering he'd have to get traded for adecent big or there would just be a log jam at whatever position they trade for.

Ben has to go, he's an undersized all offense no defense 2 guard. He's not happy coming off the bench and wants too much money

I say let him walk.

Rose pushing that ball up the court and letting Tyrus finish

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Air273

how about gordon and the 36 pick the knicks for the 6th pick, bulls then trade that 6th pick and kirk(throw in tyrus if need be) to the heat for the 2nd pick

Noah
Beasley
Deng
Thabo
Rose

That would be
roll.gif
pimp.gif

im excited about this offseason. In the next month we will know what out team will look like. I dont have a problem with either player. But we do know onething and that is someone will be traded its just a matter of time. With the trade i hope to get a big name player. I dont know how possible that Melo deal isbut i wouldnt mind him playing with us

If BG will take....lets say a 4 yr - 30 million dollar deal, i say sign him up. Dude can still hit you for 20 points quicker than anyone on the present squad.Larry Hughes aint goin anywhere. Hinrich is still young and has shown the ability to run a team., so naturally, he draws more interest.

I agree that if Melo is available, we should test the waters. We don't need to give away the farm, thats not my intention, but at least make an attemptlike you did with Kobe.

Honestly, I have no hope that we're gonna land a big name outside of the draft pick.

Then again I though the Bulls would get the 12th spot.....

Back
Top Bottom