The Official 2008 Chicago Bulls Off Season Thread: BG Signs 1 Year Deal; No one cares; BASEBALL FTW

This coaching search has made me lose my faith in Paxson overall.

Paxson's had over over half the season to prepare to sign a coach, he should have had all the candidates that were possible researched and talked to peoplewho have worked with them. From that he should have had a pretty good idea first through last of who he wanted to sign as the next coach.

Is Paxson on his own timetable? Sure he's taking his time and interviewing all the candidates the only problem is that some of those "TOP"candidates are no longer available.

At the end of the season Paxson should have had some sort of list of who he wanted to hire based off his preferences and what he's found out about thecandidates but the way he's handling it, it's almost like he doesn't know anything about the people he's interviewing. What a person says in aninterview and what they do when reality sets in are 2 entirely different things.

If D'Antoni becoming available through a wrench into everything... then once again Paxson wasn't even close to properly prepared. There's beenenough media talking about how D'Antoni may not be in Phoenix next year to let him know to be ready if that situation came up.

But who knows, maybe whoever he hires will work out, then again maybe the guys he let get away because he was working on his timetable will bite him in the!$+.

And it does suck that JR has kind of tied Paxson's hands, kind of brings back Mark Cuban's article about how GMs don't really have any power.

D'Antoni in New York will be very interesting to watch, he may bomb his first year there but after a few player moves I think JR will understand he alloweda lot of money for his organization walk away.

[h1]Avery Johnson no longer in Bulls' plans[/h1]
May 17, 2008

Recommend (2)

BY BRIAN HANLEY Staff Reporter

The Bulls believe Avery Johnson is not interested in becoming their next head coach and the team has no plans to further pursue him.

Johnson told Dan Patrick on WSCR-AM (670) on Thursday that he had spoken to the Bulls last week, but the former Dallas Mavericks coach indicated his options included taking time off.

That is the message the Bulls have heard loud and clear from Johnson. The Mavs owe Johnson $12 million for the three seasons left on his Dallas contract until he takes another job.

Bulls general manager John Paxson has scheduled interviews next week with coaches currently on the staffs of playoff teams, including Utah Jazz assistant Tyrone Corbin. Those interviews could take place once the second round concludes.

Other assistants expected to be interviewed by Paxson include Boston's Tom Thibodeau, Detroit's Michael Curry, and Brian Shaw of the Los Angeles Lakers.

ohwell.gif

I am completely speechless. Im so happy and excited to see what the Bulls will do with this. I couldn't stop cheering when I saw that we were gonna befirst
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

IT WORKED!!!!!!

[table][tr][td]
off_line.gif
jblackcat13[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]#144[/td] [td]http://[URL="http://"][/url][/td] [td][-][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://jblackcat13.u.yuku.com]

Registered Member

02/03/08 1:50 AM
[/td] [td]
Originally Posted by Mw2889

I wouldn't mind tanking at this point, we could use another young player. Hopefully it's not a PF/C that has no offense.

2nq4o6e.jpg

ohwell.gif

I . BUILT . THIS . IN . A . CAVE
[/td] [/tr][/url][/table]http://niketalk.yuku.com/forum/getrefs/id/1131751/type/0

like i said draft rose trade for melo plzzzz. i know im not the only one that wants to see this happen
nerd.gif

WOW i'm so shocked, man this is great this give the bulls so many options. the way team is now i want beasley because i dont see a team taking kirk off the bulls hands. i would be happy with rose if the bulls can get rid kirk and hughes for a 1st round pick. if they cant find a taker for kick then draft beasley.

noah

beasley

deng

gordon

kirk

thabo

noc

tyrus

gooden

that's a damn good team

brand is coming off of a injury makes big money, he is going to want a new contract either this off season or next

how about kirk, tyrus, for brand

noah

brand

deng

gordon

rose

thabo

gooden

noc

hopefully bulls finally get that year in year allstar they have needed so badly

draft night will be interesting, anyone think the bulls will pull a portland (from last years draft) and be involved in a bunch of moves?

TRADE LARRY HUGHES
PLEASE
TRADE HUGHES!!!

we need to take rose
and get rid of hughes!

FOR GODS SAKE GET RID OF LARRY HUGHES!

Back
Top Bottom