The Official 2008 Chicago Bulls Off Season Thread: BG Signs 1 Year Deal; No one cares; BASEBALL FTW

At this point i want Michael Beasley. We havent had a low socring threat in years and we have needed one BAD over years. in the east there is not many truecenters starting at C so a front court of Beasley and Noah could get the job down with Noah playing Center and playing defense and getting boards

I still have faith in Hinrich, as long as he ant asked to be the focus of the offense he is fine. when we got him jacking shots to get the team back in thegame he looks horrible. a inside man would do wonders for him and gordon it would make the game come easy for them.

Same goes for Gordon get him someone else that can creat there own shot and i think it helps him out ALOT not having to jack shots to help the team out.

I think it comes down to who has the most Trade Vaule in Hinrich or Free Money which is going to be Thomas.

Im all for going after Melo is he is going to be traded. Thomas and Deng for him sounds good to me
laugh.gif
. BUT if we got melo no way i keep gordon cause u would have to scoring playersthat play no D.

who the hell is going to be the HC?

Apparently Pax has gotten quite a bit of calls seeing who is available. The name most mentioned by other teams was Kirk Hinrich. I think people look at him andthink we have misused him and they can turn him into a great PG. He is very limited with his growth. If he could get a consistent jumpshot, he could be a verygood player, but he hasn't done it. I find it funny when people don't want a PG to be the focal point of the offense. I think haing a PG being thefocal point of the offense is such an advantage especially if your team is constructed with a bunch of role players. You can get away with having a goodshooting PG when you have a superstar to go through, but we don't have that. I think Rose does more for this team than Beastly does but not by much. Myfeeling is that Rose is going to be a special PG that can turn average guys into legit scorers around the hoop or the perimeter.

BigMike put it right. It all really comes down to who has more trade value between Hinrich and Tyrus. I dont think we can go wrong either way. Beasley willhelp us down low which is something that we greatly need. But with this we will need to make moves with our front court. With it looking like Melo is now offthe trading block i dont know who we should go after as far as trades go. Pax has everything he needs this offseason its just up to him to make it happen

If you look at our depth in the front court and back court it should tell you who we should draft

Noah, Deng, Tyrus and Noc. Hell you could throw Thabo as a 3 guard along with Cedric Simmons

as opposed to our back court of

Shannon Brown, BG, Hughes and Kirk. Duhon isn't going to be back next season thats for sure

We're much deeper on the front court than we are at the 1 and 2 spots

Rose is the clear choice

Apparently Pax has gotten quite a bit of calls seeing who is available. The name most mentioned by other teams was Kirk Hinrich
i see the bulls sending out smoke screens already

Are front court may be deeper but its a bunch of fools that cant score. atleast gordon and Hinrich can score(well not last season but u get the point
laugh.gif
)

we draft beasely we slove a HUGE problem in the front court. draft rose and next year where still looking for a big man that can score up front.

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700228071,00.html?pg=1

Retired Jazz shooting guard and current Jazz part-time assistant coach Jeff Hornacek, previously identified as a coaching candidate in Phoenix, has emerged asa candidate for the vacant head coaching position in Chicago as well.
As previously reported, ex-Jazz forward and current Jazz assistant Tyrone Corbin - like Hornacek, an ex-Suns player - is also a candidate in bothcities.

The suburban Arlington Heights (Ill.) Daily Herald reported Wednesday that Corbin had been "expected to visit - for an interview" Wednesday, andthe Arizona Republic reported Wednesday that the Suns are "set to interview" Corbin on Friday.

The Chicago Tribune also reported Wednesday that Corbin, a former star at Chicago's DePaul University, was scheduled to interview "thisweek."

Both Chicago-area newspapers reported Wednesday that Hornacek will interview for the Bulls' job sometime this week, and the Republic reported Wednesdaythat he "will be interviewed this week by the Suns for a head- or assistant-coach job."

Hornacek has readily acknowledged interest in pursuing a full-time position in Phoenix, where he and his family reside.

"I played 14 years in the league, and it wasn't because of athletic ability," Hornacek, who has worked on-and-off with Jazz small forwardAndrei Kirilenko on his shooting the past few years, told the Republic. "It's from knowing the game."

Wow... Something that was just brought to my attention by another nter in the Mayo thread... If we do draft Pooh there is a good chance that we can still solveour interior problems relatively soon. It is a good chance that Boozer is attainable come contract time, see cleveland 3yrs ago, we can make a good run/landhim and he gives us a very proven inside threat who's a match up problem for 98% of the 4's in the L.

Also a guy who we let get away will be an option soon as well, Elton Brand, not sure about his health these days but still. There are options at the 4, not somany at the 1 tho.

Hughes,Hinrich,Noc,Gooden

For

Boozer,Harpring,AK-47

Bulls Roster:
Rose/BG
Thabo/Harpring
Deng/AK-47
Boozer/TT
Noah/Gray

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Authorities in Gainesville have charged ChicagoBulls forward and former Florida star JoakimNoah with possession of marijuana and having an open container of alcohol.

4287.jpg

Noah

Gainesville police spokesman Sgt. Rick Roberts says Noah was arrested around 1:50 a.m. Sunday after an officer spotted him on a sidewalk holding a plasticcup containing an amber drink, a violation of city law. During a search at the station, officers found marijuana in his pocket.

Noah was released after signing a notice to appear before a judge -- standard procedure for such offenses. He could face up to 6 months in jail and a $500fine for the marijuana charge.

Noah led the Gators to back-to-back national championships before being picked ninth overall in last June's draft by the Bulls.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

idiot
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

smh.gif

EDIT-

[h1]Chicago Bulls should take Derrick Rose with No. 1 pick in NBA draft[/h1]
Saturday, May 24th 2008, 9:01 PM

amd_derrick-rose.jpg
Jacobsohn/Getty
Chicago should take Derrick Rose over Michael Beasley with the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft because the game favors exceptional point guards who can make their team better.

(Page 1 of 3)

Winning the draft lottery doesn't place the Bulls on the horns of a dilemma, as it's currently being portrayed by Chicago GM John Paxson.

The pick for the No. 1 selection next month in the NBA draft is Derrick Rose over Michael Beasley, in a heartbeat.

Unless you're getting Shaquille O'Neal or LeBron James, taking a point guard who can develop into a special player is the wayto go these days in the NBA. The game favors exceptional playmakers who can get their own shots and raise the level of teammates. Case in point: Chris Paul.

Rose could be that franchise player in a few seasons, while Beasley, who stands 6-9 in sneakers, doesn't have the imposing physical stature to tilt thefloor in his team's favor.

Upon seeing his team make the second-greatest jump (ninth to first) to win the lottery - Orlando went from 11th to first in 1993 - Paxson broke it down this way: "It's difficult to find terrific point guardswho can lead your team and make others better. But you also have a kid who is a flat-out scorer and we know how valuable those players are. It's nice to bein this position to evaluate that."

That sounds exactly like Portland GM Kevin Pritchard last year. But Pritchard was taking Greg Oden all the way, and it seems a safe bet that in the final analysis, Paxson will gowith Rose.

"It's a natural leadership position on the team," Paxson said. "It's something every team covets. We need leadership on our team. Wesaw how Chris Paul played for New Orleans. ... I know we'reloaded in the backcourt, but true point guards like Rose. ... I can make the argument that position is the most difficult position to fillconsistently."

To clear up his backcourt for Rose, a Chicago-area product, Paxson will find a new home for Kirk Hinrich, an attractive asset given his level of play over the past five seasons and reasonable contract. Hinrich's five-year,$47.5-million deal started this past season at $7.8 million, and ends in 2011-12, at $11.4.

The Knicks, Denver, the Clippers, Seattle, Phoenix and Orlando are expected to make a run at Hinrich.

Beasley's scoring prowess has earned him comparisons to DerrickColeman. But unlike the ex-Net, who didn't care much for basketball, other than the monetary rewards it provided, Beasley has shown that he playshard.

"He scores the ball as easily as any young player that went into the college game in a long, long time," Paxson said. "He has the uniqueability to put the ball in the basket and would be a go-to scorer. We know how valuable those players are."

As much as Pat Riley wanted to pair Rose with Dwyane Wade, he will be glad to land Beasley at No. 2.

"We know how talented both players are - they made impacts on their teams as freshmen for Memphis and Kansas State,"
Riley said. "The thing we have to determine now is what kind of competitive drive they have and what their leadership skills are. They both have a chanceto be big contributors."

And they're coming to the East, which isn't good news for the Knicks.

[table][tr][td]Lots Of Teams Interested In Chicago's Hinrich[/td] [/tr][tr][td]May 25, 2008 - 10:15 am[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Hinrich_Kirk_chi.jpg
The New York Daily News -
The Knicks, Nuggets, Clippers, Supersonics, Suns, and Magic are expected to make a run at Chicago point guard Kirk Hinrich, according to The New York Daily News.

Because the Bulls are expected to take Derrick Rose with the first pick in June's NBA Draft, they'll need to move Hinrich in order to make room for the talented rookie-to-be.

Hinrich shouldn't be too difficult to move especially based on his level of play and moderate contract that runs through the 2011-12 season.[/td] [/tr][/table]

I'm reading lots of mocks and see that alot of them have beasley going to us...

!+%%!?

this shouldn't even be a debate.

It's d-ro.

I seriously hate Joakim Noah. I hated him at Florida, I was pissed when the Bulls drafted him, and I really tried to like the guy. Joakim Noah = Cedric Benson,Certified Bums. And Newbs, is it cool if I jack your sig? I'm too lazy to make another one.

Originally Posted by KobeKid24

Memphis Head Coach, John Calipari, joins the Mike North Morning Show to talk about Derrick Rose, a guy who he says comes along once every 25 years.

http://www.670thescore.com/

i wish they would put that interview in the soundclips section already. the one day i dont listen to mike north i miss an interview i would of loved tohear
frown.gif

[h1]Hornacek was 'player-coach'[/h1][h3]BULLS | Former guard used smarts to stay in league, says he shares similarities with Paxson[/h3]
May 26, 2008

Recommend

BY BRIAN HANLEY [email protected]

Jeff Hornacek grew up idolizing the Bulls while starring for Lyons Township.

Now 45, Hornacek -- who had a 14-year NBA playing career -- spent about five hours Friday trying to convince Bulls general manager John Paxson that he'dbe the right man to coach his hometown team.

RELATED STORIES
Oh, Noah! Florida cops bust Bull for pot Inside the Bulls: Updates from our blog

''I always felt I would coach someday,'' Hornacek said in a telephone interview after meeting with Paxson. ''I felt like my coacheslooked at me as a coach on the floor, and I tried to take that responsibility. Before I got to the NBA, I probably never thought I'd coach in the league.Before then, I thought I'd probably end up coaching a college team.''

Paxson said he's interested in hearing how each candidate would employ the talent on the Bulls' roster. That the Bulls were ready to offer the jobto former Suns coach Mike D'Antoni, who had little use for defense in Phoenix, came as a surprise, particularly because Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorfinsists his next coach will be defensive-minded.

''I've been open-minded since the D'Antoni thing went by the wayside,'' Paxson said last week. ''I remain open-minded.I'll know when I sit down with somebody and talk philosophy if there's a connection there.''

Hornacek, who said he thought his meeting with Paxson went well, believes he can strike the right balance between offense and defense, given the coaches heplayed for: Iowa State's Johnny Orr in college and Phoenix's Cotton Fitzsimmons and Utah's Jerry Sloan in the NBA.

''I've been blessed with having some great coaches,'' Hornacek said. ''With Cotton, we didn't have a lot of set plays. Hewas more about pushing the ball up the court and trusting you. He was very positive, very upbeat and just gave us great confidence. He would tell you taking anopen 18-foot jumper early in the shot clock was just as good as a layup in the final seconds. Johnny Orr was a lot like that, too.''

Hornacek, whose No. 14 was retired by Utah, has been a special assistant with the team while working mostly with Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko.

''Jerry Sloan is a great coach, and he's one of the best at getting guys to play to their potential,'' Hornacek said of thedefensive-minded former Bulls guard. ''Jerry has a lot of half-court sets, he coaches just like he played.''

Hornacek, who also has interviewed with Suns general manager Steve Kerr for what likely would be an assistant-coach position, said playing''smart'' is what kept him in the league.

''Steve Kerr, John Paxson and I are a lot alike; we didn't depend on our athleticism; we couldn't,'' Hornacek said. ''Asplayers, we took advantage of what teams were giving. I was always a guy who was used to working harder than everybody else.''

Hornacek went from a walk-on at Iowa State to an All-Big Eight selection in 1986 and holds the school record for assists (665). He was a second-round pickof the Suns in '86 and twice helped Phoenix reach the Western Conference finals. An NBA All-Star in 1992, he spent his last six seasons in Utah, where hehelped the Jazz make back-to-back NBA Finals appearances in 1997 and '98, losing to the Bulls each time.

Hornacek said he told Paxson he believes in practicing hard while still finding ways to make it fun for players.

''When I hear a guy say it's a job, then I know the thrill of playing in the NBA is not really there for him,'' Hornacek said.''When I was playing, we had fun in practice.''

If Paxson were to hire him, Hornacek said he'd have no problem accepting a former NBA head coach as his top assistant.

''Pax and I talked about a number of guys I'd be comfortable working with,'' Hornacek said. ''It helps to have experience onyour staff and to be able to really rely on a veteran guy as your head assistant.''

Hornacek said Paxson also asked him how he would use Memphis guard Derrick Rose or Kansas State forward Michael Beasley, the players Paxson will choosebetween should he keep the top pick in the June 26 draft.

Paxson met with Kings assistant Chuck Person on Saturday and will conduct more interviews this week at the NBA predraft camp in Orlando. Former Maverickscoach Avery Johnson said he expects to meet with Paxson soon, and Paxson also likely will meet with former Nuggets coach and Mount Prospect native Jeff Bzdelikand Rockets assistant Elston Turner.

''I know Pax is talking to a lot of people and will take time to narrow it down,'' said Hornacek, who would've pursued a coaching careerearlier but put family first. He waited until his children -- sons Ryan and Tyler and daughter Abigail -- were old enough that the travel demanded by the jobwould not be as much of a problem for them or his wife, Stacey.

''Ryan is a junior in college,'' said Hornacek, whose parents and two brothers live in La Grange. ''[Abigail] is going to be a highschool freshman. It would be a little tough on Tyler since he will be a high school senior next year. But I always knew I wanted to coach after my kids wereold enough, and it's time.''

Originally Posted by KobeKid24

idiot
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

smh.gif

EDIT-

[h1]Chicago Bulls should take Derrick Rose with No. 1 pick in NBA draft[/h1]
Saturday, May 24th 2008, 9:01 PM

amd_derrick-rose.jpg
Jacobsohn/Getty
Chicago should take Derrick Rose over Michael Beasley with the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft because the game favors exceptional point guards who can make their team better.

(Page 1 of 3)

Winning the draft lottery doesn't place the Bulls on the horns of a dilemma, as it's currently being portrayed by Chicago GM John Paxson.

The pick for the No. 1 selection next month in the NBA draft is Derrick Rose over Michael Beasley, in a heartbeat.

Unless you're getting Shaquille O'Neal or LeBron James, taking a point guard who can develop into a special player is the way to go these days in the NBA. The game favors exceptional playmakers who can get their own shots and raise the level of teammates. Case in point: Chris Paul.

Rose could be that franchise player in a few seasons, while Beasley, who stands 6-9 in sneakers, doesn't have the imposing physical stature to tilt the floor in his team's favor.

Upon seeing his team make the second-greatest jump (ninth to first) to win the lottery - Orlando went from 11th to first in 1993 - Paxson broke it down this way: "It's difficult to find terrific point guards who can lead your team and make others better. But you also have a kid who is a flat-out scorer and we know how valuable those players are. It's nice to be in this position to evaluate that."

That sounds exactly like Portland GM Kevin Pritchard last year. But Pritchard was taking Greg Oden all the way, and it seems a safe bet that in the final analysis, Paxson will go with Rose.

"It's a natural leadership position on the team," Paxson said. "It's something every team covets. We need leadership on our team. We saw how Chris Paul played for New Orleans. ... I know we're loaded in the backcourt, but true point guards like Rose. ... I can make the argument that position is the most difficult position to fill consistently."

To clear up his backcourt for Rose, a Chicago-area product, Paxson will find a new home for Kirk Hinrich, an attractive asset given his level of play over the past five seasons and reasonable contract. Hinrich's five-year, $47.5-million deal started this past season at $7.8 million, and ends in 2011-12, at $11.4.

The Knicks, Denver, the Clippers, Seattle, Phoenix and Orlando are expected to make a run at Hinrich.

Beasley's scoring prowess has earned him comparisons to Derrick Coleman. But unlike the ex-Net, who didn't care much for basketball, other than the monetary rewards it provided, Beasley has shown that he plays hard.

"He scores the ball as easily as any young player that went into the college game in a long, long time," Paxson said. "He has the unique ability to put the ball in the basket and would be a go-to scorer. We know how valuable those players are."

As much as Pat Riley wanted to pair Rose with Dwyane Wade, he will be glad to land Beasley at No. 2.

"We know how talented both players are - they made impacts on their teams as freshmen for Memphis and Kansas State,"
Riley said. "The thing we have to determine now is what kind of competitive drive they have and what their leadership skills are. They both have a chance to be big contributors."

And they're coming to the East, which isn't good news for the Knicks.

[table][tr][td]Lots Of Teams Interested In Chicago's Hinrich[/td] [/tr][tr][td]May 25, 2008 - 10:15 am[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Hinrich_Kirk_chi.jpg
The New York Daily News -
The Knicks, Nuggets, Clippers, Supersonics, Suns, and Magic are expected to make a run at Chicago point guard Kirk Hinrich, according to The New York Daily News.

Because the Bulls are expected to take Derrick Rose with the first pick in June's NBA Draft, they'll need to move Hinrich in order to make room for the talented rookie-to-be.

Hinrich shouldn't be too difficult to move especially based on his level of play and moderate contract that runs through the 2011-12 season.[/td] [/tr][/table]

It's good to hear teams are showing interest in Kirk...but out of those teams, who would be right with the bulls?

Seattle? Only player that could fit I see is Wilcox and thats creating a big logjam at the PF position

Knicks? No thanks

Clippers? No thanks

Magic? No thanks, because D. Howard is untouchable

Nuggets? Camby and Melo...but I don't think the Bulls should give anything up for an old great defensive player? (Ben Wallace anyone?) and leave Meloalone...with Noah just getting busted, Pax should not even want to bring Melo's drinking and driving self here, aside from the fact he plays no defense ATALL.

Phoenix? Amare, Diaw, or Bell are the only ones I could see Phoenix giving up and those 3 are some good pieces for the Bulls to have, not to mention, theBulls may get a little love from Kerr (kind of like McHale with Boston) which I think would be the best team to trade with and whom the Bulls could benefitwith the most in a trade situation

Kirk, Gooden, Ced Simmons, Noah for Amare and Bell and the 48th pick? Don't know if Suns would pull the trigger, but it works with the CBA

I seriously hate Joakim Noah. I hated him at Florida, I was pissed when the Bulls drafted him, and I really tried to like the guy. Joakim Noah = Cedric Benson, Certified Bums. And Newbs, is it cool if I jack your sig? I'm too lazy to make another one.

I agree I didn't like dude either. I still don't but he's not as bad as I thought he was but I wouldn't mind if he got traded.

Back
Top Bottom