The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm assuming they're pusshing to get a deal done so they can tag someone else (assuming amari)

They better have upped that last offer from the weekend :lol:, he should 100% be getting more guaranteed money than Goff

I'd sign if they offered a bit more guaranteed money on top of that that 30-35m a year number that it's been reported recently

cap going up.. unless they top the highest guaranteed money and getting somewhere in that 34-35 range per.. i dont see him signing

i mean i get trying to do 4 or 5 years so they can then get a massive deal again right at or just over 30

"but smart teams have been manipulating the cap for years to open space since they can carry over unused space into the following year to create more space"

you see this right here is the problem.....they are not creating more cap space......its not carry over at all.....its hey we didnt have anyone to sign so now that money will be used next year.....ohhhhhh so the owners for 2019 that had cap space just pocket that money for the YEAR.....they don't get double the money in 2020............if the jets go into 2020 season with 50 mil.......that would be 100 mil that their ownership gets to pocket......the players don't get that in 2021 if the jets sign tons of free agents....thats money never earned!!

if the jets signed tons of free agents last year then this year they wouldnt have nearly as much cap space.....i get that sure but understand every team that has cap at end of year pockets every dime.........why? why not have that be end of season bonus for the players on roster? its should be THEIR money 47% right? .......if the jets gave 50 to the players as a bonus at end of 2019....how does that impact 2020 cap? not a damn dollar difference its the exact same number

OBJ is just the big example because it is fact the giants had 55 mil in dead cap .......yes some of that 55 is from signing bonus from previous year but at least half are salaries that they didnt have to pay.....thus savings in their pocket......teams cut guys in their final year or 2 all the time....they get hit with some dead cap space but they SAVE on the money they didnt have to pay......so player doesnt get any money.....the teams cap has some dead cap space holder that they can't use on other players which people think oh crap poor team.....no its poor players

the current deal is the players get 47% of revenue, they are NOT getting that money.....thats what players dont realize, thats what the media won't report on.....they can't the NFL won't let them.

half a billion dollars of cap space not used in 2019......thats not smart management of cap so they can have cap space in 2020....that is because the franchise tag has kept avg salaries down.......

again in 2020 there will be half a billion that combined teams don't spend in cap space......the owners will say its lack of talent available thats BS.....

and that half a billion does NOT count the dead cap dollars taking up cap space that large amount of that money never goes in players pockets.....

on paper 47% revenue in pocket to all players? nah. players can get 50% revenue if its same system they are not getting those dollars combined in their pocket.

MLB less players and does not earn nearly as much money as NFL...yet the top 10 teams in salary spend more than the top ten in NFL, thats all you need to know about how the owners are playing the NFL guys......NFL generates about 5 billion more than MLB......

numbers don't add up!!!

if you're expecting a response from me, you need to either quote me or @ me because i didnt even see this until i went to send something directly to you

for some teams, what you're saying is exactly the case.. but that's the situation in all sports.. you have smart teams, you have cheap teams and you have dumb owners

but with how the cap works, smart teams have being using that carry over ability to artificially increase their cap space so they can dictate how they can then allocate resources under the cap from year to year and remain competitive since they have coursed out how they will be able to pay and keep their important guys and bring in guys if needed

we've seen many teams win the offseason by spending in free agency and it just ends up blowing up in their face (see the washington team since dan snyder has owned it.. or jerry jones after jimmy johnson left)

in football it's a combo of developing your own guys, drafting well and identifying guys who can work well with your team.. and then you add in managing your cap to be able to keep important guys

but the players (and for your argument) should be pushing for a greater share of the revenue.. but the nfl players union is weak as hell and it aint hard to figure out why given the nature of the sport and the numbers

but the problem with the players is you are dealing with different classes within the players who want different things and have different interests

This is deal screws over the current stars, vets and any player that gets injured in the future. If you aren't an average-level, healthy ACTIVE players, the deal is bad.

Brady-to-Raiders.jpg

Madden isn't done...2k isn't making a Madden competitor, more like a playground version of football like their NBA 2k one.

If this NFL 2K reboot has full licensing (which it should if the league is partnered) I'm into it. If it's like RBI Baseball for Xbox, no thanks.

It's all fun and games until you have to spend $10 worth of VC to upgrade the Break tackle on your RB. This is about to be backyard build a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom