The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest question, what NFC teams got better this offseason? Saints, Cowboys, Cardinals, and Eagles? Three out of four of those teams are meh.

30 other teams didn’t blow a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl this year

30 other teams didn't make the superbowl or would have been in position to blow a lead in the 4th quarter. Were the packers or vikings going to be in that position after being down by a billion to the 49ers?

There were like two other teams that blew leads bigger than that to Kansas City on their way to a super bowl. Not sure that’s a strong argument. Hell the Falcons blew a 20+ point lead a few years ago.

Honest question, what NFC teams got better this offseason? Saints, Cowboys, Cardinals, and Eagles? Three out of four of those teams are meh.

30 other teams didn't make the superbowl or would have been in position to blow a lead in the 4th quarter.
No Bucs? :nerd:

Sure throw the bucs in there. You can probably throw the panthers in there too. Giants and Washington all got better but they are still bad teams.

I don't see anything that Seattle, Packers, Vikings, Rams, Bears, Falcons really did to get much better.

Until the 9ers replace washed up Richard Sherman I can’t consider them real SB contenders. Mans got exposed in the Super Bowl, all you gotta do is put a speedy receiver on his side and it’s curtains

It's kinda tough to tell who got better. There hasn't been much noise this offseason. Bucs did get better though.

Can be Jimmy be better sure, but you can say that about every QB not named Patrick, Russell and Aaron.

But the disrespect is out of control. It's a different story once the season starts, everything that happened doesn't matter anymore.

But at this current juncture, The Niners are just a "good squad"???

Name 5 teams who aren't the Cheifs that are better.

we don’t even know if we are going have a season

can’t start really really judging the upper tier until we get to week 10 or so and see the level of depth or lack of injuries teams got

I mean we know certain teams will be bad and certain teams should be contending for playoff spots.. but could also have a couple teams step up and be better than expected after a couple big additions, like say the cards

but even the chiefs have deficiencies and they showed up last season too.. and I think going RB in the 1st when they could have gone CB was a mistake

we don’t even know if we are going have a season

can’t start really really judging the upper tier until we get to week 10 or so and see the level of depth or lack of injuries teams got

I mean we know certain teams will be bad and certain teams should be contending for playoff spots.. but could also have a couple teams step up and be better than expected after a couple big additions, like say the cards

but even the chiefs have deficiencies and they showed up last season too.. and I think going RB in the 1st when they could have gone CB was a mistake

Nah if that running back helps keep the defense off the field and extend TOP then their defense will automatically get better. Their defense was extremely underrated last year.

Other than the rams, wouldn’t exactly shock me if any of the 3 other teams won that division

and obviously the rams got some pretty high end talent.. but it still would kinda surprise me since I think a lil more is going on aside from losing some folks

Other than the rams, wouldn’t exactly shock me if any of the 3 other teams won that division

and obviously the rams got some pretty high end talent.. but it still would kinda surprise me since I think a lil more is going on aside from losing some folks

Seattle did absolutely nothing to make either their offensive or defensive line better and if they get rid of Clowney it will be even worse. Rams did nothing to fix their biggest issue which is offensive line and they may have the worst one in the NFL. Cardinals at least drafted a dude to help them be less historically bad at defending tight ends but their offensive line is still trash and they didn't do that much defensively.

Nah if that running back helps keep the defense off the field and extend TOP then their defense will automatically get better. Their defense was extremely underrated last year.

same logic I got for Justin jefferson I got for him.. except I see Justin jefferson has legit more value to me, like I could see a cooper Kupp or Robert woods type deal for jefferson

solid players, but they aren’t special guys even for what they do.. LSU had a crap ton of talent on that offensive side of the ball on every level.. multiple oline got drafted, the backup te, QB, wr and rb in the 1st

and now he’s going to a team with a smart offensive coach and a potent passing attack.. he’ll get numbers, but could have easily taken someone later in the draft

And while they do have defensive talent they had to overcome multiple double digit deficits to win

Last edited:
Bro there is no way in hell the cardinals are finishing 1st in the division lol

If they improve to say 9-10 wins and that division is a bloodbath, I could see it

I mean they beat seahawks week 16 and played other squads close in games

not saying I’d put money on it.. but I could at least see it

Until the 9ers replace washed up Richard Sherman I can’t consider them real SB contenders. Mans got exposed in the Super Bowl, all you gotta do is put a speedy receiver on his side and it’s curtains
Mental gymnastics right here.

A team who was in the Superbowl is not a Superbowl contender?

That doesn't even make sense.

I'm sure people would say the Saints are Superbowl contenders. The uproar about the Love pick was because the Packers are a Superbowl contender and wasted that pick on someone who can't help them.

But the Niners aren't SuperBowl contenders?????

If they improve to say 9-10 wins and that division is a bloodbath, I could see it

So they are just going to double their win total from last year? Just like that in what you are saying is going to be a bloodbath of a division? I dont see it. Their defense is still doo doo, offensive line is still doo doo, and Kingsbury's scheme works in such a way that his defense will always be on the field longer than the average unit.

Yeah I don't see this happening but they'll be a real fun team for sure.
Yea I'll definitely try to watch them whenever I get the chance. Kyler with weapons + protection could be real fun...

He really impressed me being even a little effective last year given the trash roster he was working with. Think he could do a lot more damage know that they're putting him in a better position to succeed this season

How are they just going to double their win total? What did they do that warrants you thinking they'll get to 9 or 10 wins?

So they are just going to double their win total from last year? Just like that in what you are saying is going to be a bloodbath of a division? I dont see it. Their defense is still doo doo, offensive line is still doo doo, and Kingsbury's scheme works in such a way that his defense will always be on the field longer than the average unit.

i mean they added some guys.. kyler and kliff in their 2nd years.. starting out with nuk and drake.. if simmons is the real deal on defense and could at least give kittle problems

just wouldn’t surprise me if they have a winning record.. and a winning record gets them near winning

Bob McGinn has lost touch with the packers. He’s been very anti Rodgers from the jump. He also wrote a whole article based off a berry mccockiner tweet. He’s always been that guy to jump on the negative bandwagon. Anyone that follows the packers doesn’t really take him serious.

Can't really comment on whether he's an objective messenger or not since I don't know his work like that but I don't think he'd pluck the Lafleur stuff out of thin air given that he's apparently spent 4 decades covering the team. He probably does have some legit sources inside feeding him that stuff.

Been funny seeing him catching so much heat from Packers fans though for that story :lol:. Feels like they always go after the messenger hard whenever AR stories come out. I remember that former coach caught hell when he gave his thoughts same with Greg Jennings, Finley and his own brother and pops too :lol:

How are they just going to double their win total? What did they do that warrants you thinking they'll get to 9 or 10 wins?

They played some good teams close and/or won and looked a hell of a lot better than I thought they would.. and they’ve made some good moves

i mean they added some guys.. kyler and kliff in their 2nd years.. starting out with nuk and drake.. if simmons is the real deal on defense and could at least give kittle problems

just wouldn’t surprise me if they have a winning record.. and a winning record gets them near winning

So you are basically saying the Cardinals are going to double their win totals while the 49ers are going to win like 6-7 games less and the Seahawks jump back like 4 games as well? I dont see it. You are pretty much saying 8-9 games wins the NFC West. Its not the NFC East where you have 4 trash teams and can just coast into the playoffs when you dont belong there.

Yea I don't see Zona taking a wild drastic leap enough to win the division but I could definitely see them being competitive. Something like 8-8/9-7 would be quite the improvement on last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom