The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are pretty much saying 8-9 games wins the NFC West

Would that shock you without an outright bad team in the division?

I mean I figure at worst rams and cards are near .500.. and the division already had 3 winning teams last year

Would that shock you without an outright bad team in the division?

I mean I figure at worst rams and cards are near .500.. and the division already had 3 winning teams last year

I don't see a team winning the division with a 9 wins no, but I also don't know that I totally buy into Kingsbury's scheme. It took teams a year or two to figure out Chip Kelly's gimmick, I would imagine teams will figure out Kingsbury's here pretty quickly as well.

I mean, the only reason the 49ers went from a really bad team to a good team is because they ended up signing/drafting two of the best defensive lineman in the league, signed a pro bowl linebacker, got pretty lucky in the draft with another linebacker who turned out to be really good, drafted/traded for an entire new wide receiver corps, basically replaced their QB, got a new starter at running back, and got a new starter at CB. I don't see the cardinals making any significant moves that will make them have such a drastic turnaround other than trading for Nuk, and maybe not being the worst team in NFL history at defending the tight end position going forward.

So you are basically saying the Cardinals are going to double their win totals while the 49ers are going to win like 6-7 games less and the Seahawks jump back like 4 games as well?

I said it wouldn’t shock me.. not that it would happen.. I even specifically said I wouldn’t bet on it

But I could see a world where the niners, seahawks and cards are in that 8-10 win range.. and rams are just behind at .500 or just under

Rams really spent all that money and draft capital just to end up falling off as fast as they rose :lol::sick:

I don't see a team winning the division with a 9 wins no, but I also don't know that I totally buy into Kingsbury's scheme. It took teams a year or two to figure out Chip Kelly's gimmick, I would imagine teams will figure out Kingsbury's here pretty quickly as well.

chip screwed himself.. outside of tempo dude got worse by the year, where at the end he was strictly 11 personnel and using the same handful of running plays

but teams picked off his concepts (see the rams) and if he didn’t have the ego might have been able to survive

initially you could see where things made sense, get multiple TEs that could catch and block, rbs that could catch, WRs that could block and play multiple spots and have a QB that had a running element.. then all that went out the window soon as he had Bradford and beyond

I said it wouldn’t shock me.. not that it would happen.. I even specifically said I wouldn’t bet on it

But I could see a world where the niners, seahawks and cards are in that 8-10 win range.. and rams are just behind at .500 or just under

Maybe im being a homer here, but I don't really see how the 49ers lose 5 more games next year. We got better at LT, we took a downgrade at the 3 tech, but drafted his replacement and are getting DJ Jones back so the two should wash, and sanders wasn't nearly as productive last year as you are making him out to be. Dude had 7 games with less than 50 yards receiving and was 33 years old. In 6 of those 7 games he had less than 30 yards.

Some of that may have been Jimmy, but a lot of it was Deebo turning into a stud and Bourne getting better. I have no idea what Hurd and Aiyuk will be but I would have to imagine that the addition of Hurd, Aiyuk, and potentially Trent Taylor offsets that (not that you can really rely on Taylor because he gets hurt about as much as anyone in the league).

Maybe im being a homer here, but I don't really see how the 49ers lose 5 more games next year. We got better at LT, we took a downgrade at the 3 tech, but drafted his replacement and are getting DJ Jones back so the two should wash, and sanders wasn't nearly as productive last year as you are making him out to be. Dude had 7 games with less than 50 yards receiving and was 33 years old. In 6 of those 7 games he had less than 30 yards.

I mean it’s hard to win 13 games as is

and Trent Williams while great when healthy, does have an injury history beyond the staph infection mess

then y’all lost 2 key guys in Buckner and sanders.. I think Buckner made everyone’s job a crap ton easier and either him or kittle was/is your best player.. sanders I think was a great wr for that offense and with Debo

and while I like aiyuk and kinlaw, I think both are raw.. And aiyuk is more Debo than he is sanders, that’s why it wouldn’t have surprised me if y’all went after jeudy or Justin jefferson to try bring some more of what sanders gave y’all to go with kittle and Debo

I mean it’s hard to win 13 games as is

and Trent Williams while great when healthy, does have an injury history beyond the staph infection mess

then y’all lost 2 key guys in Buckner and sanders.. I think Buckner made everyone’s job a crap ton easier and either him or kittle was/is your best player.. sanders I think was a get wr for that offense and with Debo

and while I like aiyuk and kinlaw, I think both are raw.. And aiyuk is more Debo than he is sanders, that’s why it wouldn’t have surprised me if y’all went after jeudy or Justin jefferson to try bring so more of what sanders gave y’all to go with kittle and Debo

Agreed that Buckner will be a hit to the defensive line, but you aren't factoring in DJ Jones coming back either.

And you are severly overrating what Emmanuel sanders did last year. One we only had him half the season and two, he didn't really do anything the other half the season he was here, but i guess they will be completely ****** without a wide receiver who averaged 50 ypg when he was here and had a whole 3 TDs in 10 games. Outside of two games he was basically useless.

They drafted Aiyuk because he could fill in every position as wideout like Sanders did. That's why they didnt go for Jeudy. The addition of Hurd and Aiyuk should pretty easily make up the lost "production" Sanders had. Plus Hurd is a much better blocker which will be more important in the overall scheme of things.

But overall I agree we wont win 13 games next year, I just don't think we will win 8 games either unless there are massive levels of injuries again.

Last edited:
Agreed that Buckner will be a hit to the defensive line, but you aren't factoring in DJ Jones coming back either.

And you are severly overrating what Emmanuel sanders did last year. One we only had him half the season and two, he didn't really do anything the other half the season he was here, but i guess they will be completely ****ed without a wide receiver who averaged 50 ypg when he was here and had a whole 3 TDs in 10 games. Outside of two games he was basically useless.

They drafted Aiyuk because he could fill in every position as wideout like Sanders did. That's why they didnt go for Jeudy. The addition of Hurd and Aiyuk should pretty easily make up the lost "production" Sanders had. Plus Hurd is a much better blocker which will be more important in the overall scheme of things.

My point with sanders is the type of wr he is, especially within that system.. a nasty route runner that helps with creating space for the guys who do work after the catch (kittle and Debo)

aiyuk is a beast once he gets the ball in his hands but is a bit shaky on his route running and needs to develop that aspect, which was the same thing on Debo

that’s why I assumed y’all would have gone with someone who could give a quick passing option that defenses would have to account for

My point with sanders is the type of wr he is, especially within that system.. a nasty route runner that helps with creating space for the guys who do work after the catch (kittle and Debo)

aiyuk is a beast once he gets the ball in his hands but is a bit shaky on his route running and needs to develop that aspect, which was the same thing on Debo

that’s why I assumed y’all would have gone with someone who could give a quick passing option that defenses would have to account for

I mean its all short, quick passes anyways so there isn't this sustained level of route running that is going to make a huge difference. We just ran a **** load of slants and misdirection plays last year when we weren't running the **** out of the ball which we are still going to do this year. The 49ers seemed to do just fine in the 6 games the won without him, im sure they will be fine next year replacing him with two younger players, an improved Deebo, and improved Hurd. Its not like we have the eagles receiving core.

They drafted Aiyuk BECAUSE of quick passes. They want guys who can get the ball on short routes and get YAC. Having watched every single game you wont convince me that Emmanuel Sanders was a game changer. He was not. I'm more excited about Hurd than the loss of Sanders.

I expect Arizona to be good. I'm not sure their defense is going to be good enough to win the division even with the improvements. But the division is going to be a dogfight. The 49ers have the most talent. The Seahawks have the best QB but on a talent level we might be third idk.

I mean its all short, quick passes anyways so there isn't this sustained level of route running that is going to make a huge difference. We just ran a **** load of slants and misdirection plays last year when we weren't running the **** out of the ball which we are still going to do this year. The 49ers seemed to do just fine in the 6 games the won without him, im sure they will be fine next year replacing him with two younger players, an improved Deebo, and improved Hurd. Its not like we have the eagles receiving core.

They drafted Aiyuk BECAUSE of quick passes. They want guys who can get the ball on short routes and get YAC. Having watched every single game you wont convince me that Emmanuel Sanders was a game changer. He was not. I'm more excited about Hurd than the loss of Sanders.

i assume y’all will be fine, cause Kyle is a good coach.. but none of the guys y’all have offer what sanders brought to the table, which I thought added another element to the offense especially with a QB like jimmy

i assume y’all will be fine, cause Kyle is a good coach.. but none of the guys y’all have offer what sanders brought to the table, which I thought added another element to the offense especially with a QB like jimmy

You are right man, how in the world could they ever possibly hope to replace this production

Capture.JPG

Catastrophic loss. Going to win 4 games next year without it. Lets just ignore the fact that they were 6-0 without him.

I guess in this world the Eagles receiving core got worse because they replaced an old *** Alshon with a first round wide receiver and a dude who hasnt played a game in like 2 years. Obviously statistically speaking one or maybe both of Hurd and Aiyuk could end up being busts but Sanders wasnt really all that productive in the half a season he was here. The biggest thing they will miss is his veteran leadership but it seems like Wes Welker has been doing a hell of a job getting their receiving core to improve.

Last edited:
You are right man, how in the world could they ever possibly hope to replace this production

Capture.JPG

Catastrophic loss. Going to win 4 games next year without it. Lets just ignore the fact that they were 6-0 without him.

ooooooooooooooook

Emmanuel sanders is a good player.. he’s also old and has had injuries

I do not blame the 49ers for not keeping him.. also see why they traded for him

ooooooooooooooook

Emmanuel sanders is a good player.. he’s also old and has had injuries

I do not blame the 49ers for not keeping him.. also see why they traded for him

I agree that he is a good player, but you can't look at the actual production and tell me there is no chance they can replace what he did for half the season. Hopefully we get a compensatory pick in the coming draft or else it was a pretty dumb trade in the grand scheme of things.

Do you have expectations that the first round wide receiver you guys just drafted will produce roughly as much as his aging counterparty that he is expected to replace? If so, I don't really see how its ridiculous to think the 49ers can replace an aging veteran with a first and third round wide receiver while the Eagles can replace an aging veteran with a first round wide receiver. You are making mountains out of mole hills here.

The only real significant loss they had was Buckner. Dude was a top 3 DT and is irreplaceable. I have zero doubts that Kyle will replace the production they lost from Emmanuel Sanders though.

Deebo and Aiyuk are good WR’s but I feel like they’re the types you’d want as your #2 and #3. They really need that #1 level guy instead of the Jarvis Landry level co-star that Deebo probably is. Too bad they can’t make anything happen for AJ Green.

Can't reason with Philly fans..

Show them stats="well the stats don't matter"
Don't show them stats="well I need to see some stats"

We replaced a 36 year old receiver with a legit 4.4 burner. The 36 year old as he said had 7 games with less than 50 yards... I mean...

I guess in this world the Eagles receiving core got worse because they replaced an old *** Alshon with a first round wide receiver and a dude who hasnt played a game in like 2 years.

alshon is an X WR and plays the game differently than reagor or goodwin

Goodwin is cheap veteran insurance speed option because who knows when the 3 rookies drafted will be able to get into camp or if there will even be much of training camp before the season

If reference is going to be made to any of the eagles WRs with regard to goodwin, it should be desean (who is also old and has had injuries).. since after he went down the absence of speed was obvious

also alshon is 30 and Goodwin is 29

Can't reason with Philly fans..

Show them stats="well the stats don't matter"
Don't show them stats="well I need to see some stats"

We replaced a 36 year old receiver with a legit 4.4 burner. The 36 year old as he said had 7 games with less than 50 yards... I mean...

emmanuel sanders is 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom