Status
Not open for further replies.
This is them

tenor.gif

Both their legs don't match their masses And ain't worth getting shot over
dead.png

They both look like bowl studs.

B66BDFDC-ADC4-46B4-BAE3-9A2530AF9685.png

Look at Rivers stats. My mind is blown that this dude had ONE bad year behind statistically the worst OL in the entire league and no run game and y’all would rather roll with Jacoby who had 18 TD’s in 15 games last year instead of the HOF’er on a win now level team with the best OL in the league, very good run game and his old coach calling plays for him again.

Barring injuries to important players I personally think Rivers and the Colts should be really good.

Brissett was looking like one of the better QB's in the league before he got hurt in the game against the steelers. One could argue that he never fully recovered from the knee injury and was rushed back too soon because the colts were battling for the division. He's only 27, the franchise gave him a contract extension and the expectations were to be the future QB.. Which is still a possibility.

With that being said it doesn't make sense to then sign a 38 year old, regressing QB with atrocious decision making for a 1 year $25 million contract when that money could've been allocated elsewhere. Win now team? Yes, let's go sign a QB that's currently in the same tier (probably lower tbh) as our 2019 starter for.. more money..?

The context is much deeper than stats.

Hey if he surprises me and ends up with better stats and leads the Colts deep into the playoffs (not included in the bet lol), it will be 20 well spent.

This is Rivers retirement severance package contract courtesy of the Colts (might of been another team but Colts got Finessed).

Rivers got his foot out the door ready to coach HS football and be a family man. He don’t give a damn anymore and with how this Corona Virus is going he probably is less inclined to care.

Brissett was looking like one of the better QB's in the league before he got hurt in the game against the steelers. One could argue that he never fully recovered from the knee injury and was rushed back too soon because the colts were battling for the division. He's only 27, the franchise gave him a contract extension and the expectations were to be the future QB.. Which is still a possibility.

With that being said it doesn't make sense to then sign a 38 year old, regressing QB with atrocious decision making for a 1 year $25 million contract when that money could've been allocated elsewhere. Win now team? Yes, let's go sign a QB that's currently in the same tier (probably lower tbh) as our 2019 starter for.. more money..?

Can’t have the black qb be the face of the franchise.

Brissett is a fine QB but I don't think he's a guy that stops you from looking at other options.

That said, Rivers is a lateral move at best IMO. They probably should've used that money elsewhere.

Nobody forced him to come back early. The Colts believed in him enough to trade a WR for him that they had just used a first round pick on, give him $20 mill guaranteed at signing his extension and will pay him 21.3 mill this year to be a backup. Maybe that bad tape he put out there the rest of the season after the Steelers game led to them not believing in him any longer but it’s not like they didn’t have hope for him. Can’t fault somebody for replacing a QB that threw 18 TD’s in 15 games with a HOF’er familiar with the system that’s one year removed from a 32-12 season.

Already got sunshine, Justin fields and a lot talking going about trey lance

And then penei Sewell and jamarr chase

He didn't look like the same QB when he returned. Of course he made his own decision to return, but in the world of sports we know it wasn't just his decision. I'm sure the colts felt much more confident with Brissett under center than Brian Hoyer lol. Especially given that they were trying to still win the division and fight for a WC spot.

Frank Reich was on NBC Sports last week saying the team still believes in Brissett, so they clearly haven't given up on him. However signing an old QB who just came off his worst season as a pro is a head scratching move. Regardless if he's a future HOFer or not, that's not relevant here. Especially with how poor he looked with the plethora of weapons he had at his disposal in LA.

Only way the rivers made sense to me is if they were going pull a Green Bay.. Jordan love needs a year or 2 and rivers affords them that

or pull a saints, jameis clearly has talent and maybe with the eye surgery there is hope for the future.. a year behind a vet with good coaching could do him wonders

I still think cam being able to rest and get high end offensive coach for once would be great for him

But that’s a lot of money to invest into rivers and Jacoby and what are you saying to Jacoby bringing rivers in.. I would have called the pats up if I didn’t buy into dude and was paying him what they are

Buying into a declining older white QB to lead a non playoff team to be contenders the very next season by getting rid of a younger black QB that showed promise the year before.

Where have I seen this before?

They won 7 games with a bunch of injuries

division got worse

plus an extra playoff spot

The Chargers....? Wut.

The rest of their team outside of QB is too good to get the #1 pick.

I didn't know who the hell Trey Lance was until his highlights popped up on my youtube.

He is nasty. How the hell a dude like that not go to a big school?

I'm a fan. If Jimmy implodes this year, imma need Lynch to make a move.

B66BDFDC-ADC4-46B4-BAE3-9A2530AF9685.png

Look at Rivers stats. My mind is blown that this dude had ONE bad year behind statistically the worst OL in the entire league and no run game and y’all would rather roll with Jacoby who had 18 TD’s in 15 games last year instead of the HOF’er on a win now level team with the best OL in the league, very good run game and his old coach calling plays for him again.

Barring injuries to important players I personally think Rivers and the Colts should be really good.

It was his decision making. I don't know if he just stopped giving a rip or if he truly fell off, but in so many games I remember saying in here how on 3rd downs, he would just throw it up for grabs in traffic or would be wildly inaccurate. He just didn't look like his arm could fit it in where his eyes maybe wanted him to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom