THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 2 - 2 Next game 10/6 @ Steelers Sunday Night Football

You not in the minority at all. Romo getting the job back even if dak throws for 500. Everyone knows that.

The question everyone is answering is the hypothetical" should he get it back"

Well at least Dak was told on day one that as soon as Romo is 100% healthy he will be the starting QB again. Sounds like that story has not changed coming out of Valley Ranch!

Dak said himself that this is Romo's team, and that he is just holding it down til his return. Romo has earn a chance... depending on how things go, it maybe his last.

Damn, was hoping this game would be in Dallas.  We could use a 9th home game.  We need all the help we can get.
How was that "home" game crowd today?
roll.gif

i was at the game, cowboy fans was so loud and deep in the bay area all weekend 

It's so sad to see some (not on here) ready to throw Romo to the bushes after the broken backs, punctured lungs, broken ribs he's played with carrying scrubs year after year.

It's so sad to see some (not on here) ready to throw Romo to the bushes after the broken backs, punctured lungs, broken ribs he's played with carrying scrubs year after year.

Tell em!!!

I just watched tha San Fran highlights again from the punctured lung game...dam I forgot how much miles cooked that day :smokin :x

That's my quarterback!

Tony Romo is a 1st ballot HOF and anyone that thinks Dak is better than him hasn't been watching enough Cowboy games.

He's good but he ain't no Tony rn

Tony Romo is a 1st ballot HOF and anyone that thinks Dak is better than him hasn't been watching enough Cowboy games.

He's good but he ain't no Tony rn
I respect Romo but this First Ballot hall of fame statement is a little far fetched. Brees, Rodgers, Ben, Brady, Manning, even Eli for the two rings might slide in as first ballots QBs....

What is Romo's signature stat or game that solidify him and seperates him from other mediocre QBs like Phillip Rivers? Or is Rivers a first ballet also, lol?

We can keep making excuses for Romo not winning as the Cowboys QB and blame the defense, Wade Phillips, Parcell, T.O, Roy Williams, Rob Ryan, injuries, Etc but Romo had his share of mistakes that put the Cowboys out of games.

I seen Manning in Indy, Brady, Rogers, Brees, and Ben all adjust their games and took teams with historically bad defenses deep in the playoffs.

I love Romo but first ballot hall of famer he is not. Better then Aikman but Aikman only in the Hall of Fame cause of the rings.. Rings and wins matter for QBs, like it or not. Romo hasn't even touched a conference title game. He always been outside of the top QBs in the game except for a year or two.

Last edited:
The offensive play calling has only picked up these past couple years, prior to that it was horrible. Romo's skill kept us in games, and we've always lacked in defense.

The offensive play calling has only picked up these past couple years, prior to that it was horrible. Romo's skill kept us in games, and we've always lacked in defense.

Ill say this till im blue in the face, it was Garrett who should have been fired when they fired Wade.

JG playcalling was atrocious.

How was that "home" game crowd today?

:pimp:

I'm just getting back to Dallas from SFO today... we as Cowboy Nation easily had 60% of that stadium on lock if not more.

Couldn't be more happy with this team and coaching staff at the moment, at 3-1 and that only lose being by 1 point in a game we were leading virtually the entire time, yeah. Very excited to see how we play the 2nd quarter of this season because IMO we're winning the right away, nothing fugazi about punching opponents in the mouth with the run and not turning the ball over.

I love Romo, I love how he has carried this team to a multitude of wins we would not have gotten otherwise. 

I dont think he should come back because Im worried if he gets hit again it might make him wheelchair bound. 

I dont think he will make the HOF for the simple fact that he has no rings and that is how QBs are judged these days. 

If Jerry wants to bring him back when he is healed, I hope for the teams sake if its during a winning streak then it continues or it could divide the locker room like crazy. 

just my two cents

I'll just leave all these stats proving Dak doesn't go deep right here:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-dak-prescott-has-been-a-top-10-qb-this-season-heres-how/

Only Chicago’s Jay Cutler has gone deep (passes of 20-plus air yards) less than he has, and Cutler missed the last game injured. On a per-attempt basis Cutler has actually gone deep more than twice as often, and Prescott’s 6.1 percent is the lowest mark in the NFL, below even the permanently conservative Alex Smith in Kansas City (7.7 percent).

Reactions: S4L

This dude Dak is #4 in third down passing a quarter through this season :x...thats mighty impressive for any qb, let alone a rookie...:smokin

Last edited:
I think we need to be like the Patriots...don't make our young qb make plays (he may not be ready to make) in order to win the game.

Game 1, I bet he threw 65% of the deep balls to Dez...none were successful.

let him grow, and Zeke doing well (being patient) with a not so stretched field youre calling for..

Cowboys offense NEEDS to be on the field for as long as possible, just think, 2 years ago yall were saying how good Scan was doing...he wasn't on the field very often (minutes wise)

I agree with everything you said...taking advantage of deep passes isn't saying dak should become a gunslinger over night...it's saying there's still room for his game to grow...

efficient play keeps the defense off the field no matter the distance of passes...romo lead the League in ypa in 2014, while having the lowest pass attempts of his career...he was deathly efficient....

Throwing deep passes = keeping the defense honest which will lead to even bigger holes for zeke..keeps that extra man from creeping in the box...

Dak has been great, but all this started because some cynical cowboys fan said this offense doesn't miss romo(and that Dak throws as many deep balls as tony)they miss him in a few diff ways...this is one example..

As a cowboys fan who only got to see the ladder part of Aikman's career, it's dope to know for once when Romo gets back we'll have some stability/flexibility at the QB position... Contrary to feeling like every time dude gets touched our season is in jeopardy.

I love Dak just as much as everyone else but Romo gives us the best shot at a Super Bowl today so when 100% healthy he should get the nod IMO. I'm very curious to see how long buddies leash is if/when Romo starts to Romo though.

As a cowboys fan who only got to see the ladder part of Aikman's career, it's dope to know for once when Romo gets back we'll have some stability/flexibility at the QB position... Contrary to feeling like every time dude gets touched our season is in jeopardy.

I love Dak just as much as everyone else but Romo gives us the best shot at a Super Bowl today so when 100% healthy he should get the nod IMO. I'm very curious to see how long buddies leash is if/when Romo starts to Romo though.

Well said...I think jerry jones said it best, 'we get to develop young players while playing winning football, that's rare to have both in the NFL'....

It's a win win for us all as cowboys fans...let's enjoy the ride fellas!!!!!!

Even if romo got his job back, the first bad game he has everyone will be calling for his head. He's going to be in a tough spot.

Also, it seems that romo is a humble guy that wouldn't mind sticking around just to assist in dak's growth.

Dallas is #2 in yards per game on offense, I think tops in converting 3rd downs and is averaging 25pts a game. A lot of that is due to Dak making great decisions that move the chains.

You can't even objectively say Romo gives the team the best chance of winning because 2014 was 2 years and 2 broken collarbones and a broken vertebrae ago. Romo played terrible in 2015 before he got hurt and was awful when he tried to come back.

Back
Top Bottom