THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 2 - 2 Next game 10/6 @ Steelers Sunday Night Football

Of course we miss romo, there's still one thing Dak isn't doing and that's stretching the field..

To his credit he hasn't needed to, but stretching the field= even more running lanes for Zeke...

Very pleased with the win today tho. Pleased with Mo, Zeke and dak getting it done :pimp:

Of course we miss romo, there's still one thing Dak isn't doing and that's stretching the field..

To his credit he hasn't needed to, but stretching the field= even more running lanes for Zeke...

Very pleased with the win today tho. Pleased with Mo, Zeke and dak getting it done :pimp:

That's actually not true that Dak is not stretching the field. You can look up the numbers, he completes just as many passes downfield as Romo.

That's actually not true that Dak is not stretching the field. You can look up the numbers, he completes just as many passes downfield as Romo.

He's last in the league on deep ball accuracy(20+ yard passes). We know you're just talking just to talk, but calm down. You looking foolish pushing this every week.

He's last in the league on deep ball accuracy(20+ yard passes). We know you're just talking just to talk, but calm down. You looking foolish pushing this every week.

Source?

LOL. Why don't you pull whatever BS stat you saw that says Dak is completing the same amount of deep passes as Romo.

You just moved the goalposts, No one said deep passes, he said said downfield. Dak is averaging 7.75 yards per attempt, which is as good as Romo has in most years.

If yall are specifically talking about completing 40+ yards bombs yall are right

You just moved the goalposts, No one said deep passes, he said said downfield. Dak is averaging 7.75 yards per attempt, which is as good as Romo has in most years.

If yall are specifically talking about completing 40+ yards bombs yall are right

It doesn't matter to me cause I like Dak and we're winning but you gotta start making sense sooner or later. You said Dak completes just as many deep passes as Romo. Dak is 1-8 on passes 20+ yards.

Just enjoy the wins and stop pushing the same narrative every week.

The guy here who accurately predicted Romo would be hurt and that stated Dak should start from week 1 doesn't make sense. Ok.

Let's hope Dak continues to do something Romo has never done, which is protect the football and it makes most games winnable when you win the turnover battle like today.

While this was only today, I'm pretty sure shoes is right. I'll look it up tomorrow but I'm almost certain Dak is dead last in attempts/completions of 20 yards or more

While this was only today, I'm pretty sure shoes is right. I'll look it up tomorrow but I'm almost certain Dak is dead last in attempts/completions of 20 yards or more

Dak went 0-6 over 20 yards against the Giants in the opener and went 1-2 the rest of the games.

Dak hasn't really thrown the deep ball since the Giants game.

Like I consider the TD pass to Terrance Williams today to be a downfield throw even though it wasnt a deep ball.

I actually just looked it up, the Terrance Williams TD was exactly 20 yards.

Last edited:
I think cole Beasley just caught his first 20+ yard pass last week.

I don't believe Romo is too good with throwing the deep ball over his career.

With that said, WHO CARES RIGHT NOW?!?!?!

no one beside Ben is throwing successful deep balls constantly. We need to play to OUR ROOKIE QB's strength and keep the offense on the field.

mo playing good for the first time in his career does not mean I want him on the field all the time. Keep the offense on the field. No need for wasted plays launching the ball 40 yards down the field.

Dez, Bease, Witten, quick crossing routes and the such will continue to do us well. Our O line will keep Zeke doing what he's doing now that he's being more patient.

I mean. I kinda said to daks credit he hasn't needed a deep ball yet...

Some team is gonna force him to win that way eventually tho (like the giants did)...that's just how the NFL is....we win that game with romo imo...

I'm ready to move on tho...
-----------

I wonder what's really good with Tyron...I don't think it's major at all, I just hope it doesn't linger all season...

-And chaz green had stepped in nicely imo...his preseason play left alot to be desired.

-Leary opens up some wide holes I'll tell ya...really popped yesterday.

-is Tyrone Crawford awakening?!?!?!?

Here's to a giants loss!!! '

Last edited:
^ we convert in the redzone at least once with Romo, but we don't matchup defensively against good/great receivers (odell, cruz and the young dude ) the giants have. (so us beating the giants with romo isn't a given in my eyes)

Why Im worried about Aj Green this weekend. for the love of god don't 1 on 1 with green.

Last edited:
So I have to imagine Im not the only one on here that feels like there has be at least a debate whether they give Romo the job back immediately. 

If Dak keep winning I think they should just let it ride. 

News media makes it seem there is not even a debate. When Romo is back its his gig. 

I believe and would give it back to Romo if I was in charge. I feel Romo has earned that.

Eitherway, im happy to know we got a qb lined up for the future.

I think its messed up how they do rookies, but Dak aint hurting us Cap wise, so we got him for what 3-4 years, let Romo give his last 'go' and if he cant take us to the Chip, then its Dak's team.

I think Romo is scheduled to be back by week 8 for the Eagles game. If Dak get wins over the Bengals and Packers still looking almost flawless...its going to be a very hard decision for Jerry to make. However that's a big "IF" tho. 

I must be in the minority that thinks romo gets his job back no matter what...

Loyalty from Jerry/Jason, salary, experience....it's just too perfect a storm not to give him a shot to prove he still has it....

Back
Top Bottom