THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I read on IG that there are pairs planned to be in the colorways of some of the Rockets opponents. I would guess that it will be only for bigger/more marquee games or opponents , so perhaps like a Laker colorway is next when they play in Feb.

As cool/unique as the two were so far, yeah, not a good look for Harden right now. I was at the XMas day game and although it was pretty cool to see a unique colorway for Harden to wear, the actual outcome & performance were not enjoyable for me as a Rockets fan.

Thanks for the insight!

JS”

I read on IG that there are pairs planned to be in the colorways of some of the Rockets opponents. I would guess that it will be only for bigger/more marquee games or opponents , so perhaps like a Laker colorway is next when they play in Feb.

As cool/unique as the two were so far, yeah, not a good look for Harden right now. I was at the XMas day game and although it was pretty cool to see a unique colorway for Harden to wear, the actual outcome & performance were not enjoyable for me as a Rockets fan.

But they already made a Lakers colorway.

Got the Candy Paint, my second Harden v.4. Traction feels better than my Star Wars one.

Attachments

• FEB406D3-0E60-47CB-978B-E93C5BB924CE.jpeg
    FEB406D3-0E60-47CB-978B-E93C5BB924CE.jpeg
    464.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 92D2344A-8A22-4DB1-8CEC-0FD085645CA3.jpeg
    92D2344A-8A22-4DB1-8CEC-0FD085645CA3.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 235
  • C3FA65CB-2366-4AFC-95D2-41A5ED5F44B1.jpeg
    C3FA65CB-2366-4AFC-95D2-41A5ED5F44B1.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 784
Idk for sure if they will make a Lakers colorway or perhaps use the Star Wars one, I was just speculating based on the schedule and the more high profile games. The game against the Lakers is an option since it's against LA and on ABC prime time. Perhaps also a Knicks colorway when the Rockets visit MSG in March.

I am cool with the idea of opponent colorways, just for the unique concept and dope options which could be made, but I just hope that the outcomes will be better than what happened against GS & OKC.

So I just got my Vol 3 in the mail and they remind me a lot of the Kobe ...a couple questions:

Does the heel slip eventually break in? I kind of had it with the Vol 2 as well and it went away, but these are so minimal that it worries me.

Has anyone worn these for a long period of time and notice a difference in the forefoot Boost? These definitely sit lower than the Vol 2 and being older, I need all the impact protection I can get (forefoot especially).

I have the “Sees the game” colorway (active blue). These do not have the “cat tongue” liner or whatever Can anyone else with this colorway confirm because I read that the silver ones and the black/white ones had the cat tongue liner for the heel grip.

I just gotta pair as well. No cat nip on mine, I remember thinking the first pick up game I used them in I was iffy

played a few times in them after that, and thought about switching to mY CP12

but I decided to try them in my league game since the intensity is a lot better than pick up and didn’t notice any problems really through the whole game.

so I’m guessing they must’ve broke in from those few pick up games :lol:

I just gotta pair as well. No cat nip on mine, I remember thinking the first pick up game I used them in I was iffy

played a few times in them after that, and thought about switching to mY CP12

but I decided to try them in my league game since the intensity is a lot better than pick up and didn’t notice any problems really through the whole game.

so I’m guessing they must’ve broke in from those few pick up games :lol:

Yea I’m starting to feel mine feel more secure as well. Never gonna be Vol 2 level but better. I notice the socks make a difference. I haven’t played a game in them yet (only shot around) but will tonight for a couple pick up games.

Do you have a colorway that has the cat tongue liner?

I have pairs with and without. Once they are broken in after a wear or tow, I don't notice the difference between pairs with and without the cat tongue liner. I wear thick Nike elite no show socks that snug up nicely around the ankle and I get an awesome fit, which I'm sure helps.

I have pairs with and without. Once they are broken in after a wear or tow, I don't notice the difference between pairs with and without the cat tongue liner. I wear thick Nike elite no show socks that snug up nicely around the ankle and I get an awesome fit, which I'm sure helps.

Gotcha, thanks for the reply! Fingers crossed I feel safe in them tonight.

Me too. Hope they work out for you. I really like my pairs.
Well unfortunately didn’t feel too safe in them. To be fair, I did wear thin no-show socks and had to really crank the laces. I also remember that these spring plates need to be broken in prior to the true lockdown to be felt (was the case in the Vol 2, although it felt a lot more secure than these). These really remind me of the Kobe 8, which I loved and hated because the outrigger on those was way too tiny. These don’t feel unstable necessarily but I don’t feel as safe as the Vol 2.

The Boost is definitely thinner, like wow lol. Hopefully it won’t be a problem as I break the shoe in more and get a better feel for them next time I play, but off the bat definitely a little more disappointed than I expected to be. The Boost just feels so non-existent when running. I kind of figured this may not be enough because the Vol 2 was just perfect and as far low as I could see myself going in terms of forefoot impact protection and bounce feeling.

Last edited:
Well unfortunately didn’t feel too safe in them. To be fair, I did wear thin no-show socks and had to really crank the laces. I also remember that these spring plates need to be broken in prior to the true lockdown to be felt (was the case in the Vol 2, although it felt a lot more secure than these). These really remind me of the Kobe 8, which I loved and hated because the outrigger on those was way too tiny. These don’t feel unstable necessarily but I don’t feel as safe as the Vol 2.

The Boost is definitely thinner, like wow lol. Hopefully it won’t be a problem as I break the shoe in more and get a better feel for them next time I play, but off the bat definitely a little more disappointed than I expected to be. The Boost just feels so non-existent when running. I kind of figured this may not be enough because the Vol 2 was just perfect and as far low as I could see myself going in terms of forefoot impact protection and bounce feeling.

Break in definitely helps with the spring plate, upper, and Boost. The fit and lockdown gets better and the Boost will liven up a bit. The Vol 2s will always feel more structured and snug because of how they are built. I prefer the less restrictive feeling of the 3s. The base of the Vol 3s is plenty wide for me, so I never feel unstable in them. The amount of Boost underfoot isn't that different in the Vol 2s vs the Vol 3s. The 2s Boost feels a little plusher than the Vol 3s after break in, but I really only notice the difference if I play for 3+ hours.

If you're going to keep the Vol 3s and want to get more out of the Boost, then I would suggest making some crosshatch cuts in the strobel board in the forefoot and heel area. I've tried this in some of my pairs of the 1s, 2s, and 3s. The strobel used in these is pretty stiff, which mutes the Boost. I find the Boost plusher without being mushy after a few cuts. The KT4s came from the factory with cutouts in the strobel in the heel and forefoot, so this isn't some revolutionary approach.

Break in definitely helps with the spring plate, upper, and Boost. The fit and lockdown gets better and the Boost will liven up a bit. The Vol 2s will always feel more structured and snug because of how they are built. I prefer the less restrictive feeling of the 3s. The base of the Vol 3s is plenty wide for me, so I never feel unstable in them. The amount of Boost underfoot isn't that different in the Vol 2s vs the Vol 3s. The 2s Boost feels a little plusher than the Vol 3s after break in, but I really only notice the difference if I play for 3+ hours.

If you're going to keep the Vol 3s and want to get more out of the Boost, then I would suggest making some crosshatch cuts in the strobel board in the forefoot and heel area. I've tried this in some of my pairs of the 1s, 2s, and 3s. The strobel used in these is pretty stiff, which mutes the Boost. I find the Boost plusher without being mushy after a few cuts. The KT4s came from the factory with cutouts in the strobel in the heel and forefoot, so this isn't some revolutionary approach.
Thanks so much man, you’ve always been real helpful and give great advice! I got them slightly used (not hooped in), probably a 9.5 out of 10 in terms of use. I will continue to break them in and hopefully they get better. I’d be totally fine with them not feeling like the 2s, I have accepted that much at least and am fine with it because I stocked up plenty on the 2s. I know Boost is resilient as well, so even if it is thinner it at least shouldn’t completely bottom out.

You were right about the Vol 2 so I trust you on the 3s as well. I play again tomorrow night so hopefully a better time with (thicker socks). I haven’t felt this low to the ground since the Kobe 8/9 days so it’s definitely an adjustment.

One thing for sure though....this traction is amazing compared to the 2s. Dust still accumulates but I still get squeak and can play defense more confidently than I did my 2s. I can go for steals and recover, while my 2s I have to kind of reserve going hard like that because the traction can be iffy with dust.

Had a better night with the Vol 3, much better. I ran for nearly 2 hrs in them and they felt much better lockdown wise. It helped I had thicker socks today, but I think the heel is starting to break in. Still not Vol 2 but never will be and that’s fine. I’m still getting used to the low cushioning though, I might have to rotate between the Vol 2 and these lol. Will see how I feel in the morning lol.

Sweet. Glad they are working out better with more break in. You can keep the strobel mod in your back pocket if you end up wanting to unlock the boost some more.

I feel like I play faster in the 3s. I wonder what your experience will be.

Sweet. Glad they are working out better with more break in. You can keep the strobel mod in your back pocket if you end up wanting to unlock the boost some more.

I feel like I play faster in the 3s. I wonder what your experience will be.
[/QUOTE]

It was actually the same experience. I felt faster and I did more. I cut more (more than I have in a while), dribbled harder, played harder on defense because the traction gives me that much more confidence than the 2. The traction on these blows the 2 out of the water on mildly-dusty to dusty courts.

I still feel some very minor heel slip, but it’s not near as bad as what it was my first night playing in them.

Well I’m back to my original feeling of the shoes not feeling secure. I can get a tight fit from the midfoot forward, but my heel just moves any which way it wants to. The shoe is definitely broken in at this point so I just chalk it up to this shoe not being for everyone. It’s a shame too because I feel faster and more agile and just ready to play harder in these, just feel so flimsy with the fit. It could also be my colorway (I have the black/active blue “no one sees the game like me”).

The traction just gives me so much more confidence that I hate to not play in them. The Boost is thin but I’m not aching so I guess it does it’s job. The traction is such a highlight that it saves every other category that fails me in these lol.

Back
Top Bottom