The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
these BANNED 1's have some sensitive Leather 

like the SBB's or the BOB 11's 

Water is not your friend!

Are you sure she didn't buy you "Sky Jordans"? I don't think there were fakes back then. I could be wrong. I was a year old lol.

Fakes (aka Chokey-Nikes) were around ...there were 4 and or 5 stripe shelltoes, 'jumps' instead of Filas. On thing that's changed is now the fakes have a marketing scheme known as UAs to get folks to pay as much as retail is more (for perceived near legitimacy). [emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

these like the lance mountains, that red is gonna peel away to reveal another shade of red

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn so can you clean these with a damp rag and gently wipe? I do all 1s like that normally and they look DS besides creases

The fact that NDC pairs have the darker shade of red and pairs from stores such as FTL, Finish Line, and Shiekh have the brighter shade leads me to believe for the most part, that pairs coming from Nike are made at their "primary" factory while pairs being distributed to their retailers are manufactured at outsourced, "secondary" factories.

Can anyone confirm this or have other insight?

A few years ago nike stopped allowing factories to outsource Jordan work product. This was supposed to cut down on the number of fakes with impeccable lineage. Jordan's are exclusively made at 30 factories in China (all main land China) which nike spent considerable amount to update the production machinery for ... Last year because of the lack of outsourcing but increased production request the good workforce of Jordan during winter/spring attempted to organize factories --- which coupled with a springtime labor issue in long beach (California) created the delays experienced the top of 2015. If nike didn't go to an outsource for the labor issue period I can't imagine they would be highly tolerable of the factories using it.

huh? excuse my ignorance but why would water have an effect on leather?
I don't know why??

I just know not to.  

I've seen Leather on the SBB 1's and BOB 11's both do the same thing when Water touched the leather n left stain marks.

Prolly the Dye JB uses to color the leather

Hmm, can somebody explain one thing. For the 2016 Banned/Bred/WhateverTheF***YouLikeCallingThem, why is it that some pairs have different production dates like some people's are 04/13/16-06/02/16 while another person's is 03/17/16-05/20/16

This thread saved me a trip to my local consignment shop for a LC. I bought two pairs, 1 from a family member in MD who won a raffle at Jimmy Jazz and one from a friend who's gf works at Millennium Shoes in Inglewood. I just got both pairs in yesterday and I definitively thought something was off after careful inspection. One pair was darker than the other and the QC stamp was missing on the box top but was located on the side of the box. I didn't notice the QC stamp on the side until I removed the tissue paper. Anyone else have a QC stamp on the inside of their box? I'm not sure if someone said this already but IMO because these were more mass produced than the 2013 versions, the quality control on this version kinda went out the window in some aspects, and production almost seemed rushed to boost the 3rd quarter earnings for Jordan Brand.

Hmm, can somebody explain one thing. For the 2016 Banned/Bred/WhateverTheF***YouLikeCallingThem, why is it that some pairs have different production dates like some people's are 04/13/16-06/02/16 while another person's is 03/17/16-05/20/16
@HipHopSays  pretty much explains it!

Diff factories made them...  There's 2 letters on the Tag that are for each Factory they're from.

my GS pairs are from XH

and Mens  from XC

Yeah, but the thing is it's the same factory just different production dates. The factory on both is XC.
they prolly did a couple runs

the 1st batch and 2nd

hence the diff shades of red

I wouldn't be surprised if B-Grades pop up down the road..

they prolly did a couple runs

the 1st batch and 2nd

hence the diff shades of red

I wouldn't be surprised if B-Grades pop up down the road..
Makes sense, Jordan Brand wasn't playing when they said they wanted to boost their quarterly up. So mass produced that a lot of pairs aren't persistent hahah.

This thread saved me a trip to my local consignment shop for a LC. I bought two pairs, 1 from a family member in MD who won a raffle at Jimmy Jazz and one from a friend who's gf works at Millennium Shoes in Inglewood. I just got both pairs in yesterday and I definitively thought something was off after careful inspection. One pair was darker than the other and the QC stamp was missing on the box top but was located on the side of the box. I didn't notice the QC stamp on the side until I removed the tissue paper. Anyone else have a QC stamp on the inside of their box? I'm not sure if someone said this already but IMO because these were more mass produced than the 2013 versions, the quality control on this version kinda went out the window in some aspects, and production almost seemed rushed to boost the 3rd quarter earnings for Jordan Brand.

My HOH's pair has the stamp on the inside of the box ... It's a darker red and different font then has been typically used. i'm surprised to see there are pairs with the stamp on the lid like typically done.

Well.

Every single shoe Nike makes has a "b" grade batch that hits the outlets.

While it might not be a high quantity, every shoe hits the outlet.

Anyone else base the price difference of let's say buying a pair of resale for 250 vs 280 in terms of how many chipotle burritos you won't be able to have for the next two weeks? Like "Damn should I just cop them now for $30 more or be able to eat chipotle this month." Just me? Ok lmao
laugh.gif

Not until i find one for $250. I have four at $280 so far. Not to mention i have two pairs so far so im not desperate. Also remember most footsite deliveries happen tomorrow. So value will drop again.

Everybody thought there was gonna be price drops last week already and they went up. These will sit at 300-350 from now on. You may get lucky with a 275-280 but that's rare now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom