The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright heres a question...

If there was a trade between SBBs and '16 Breds who would come out on top?

I guess the footlocker/footaction maps will ultimately let us know the deal on these. It'd be nice if they made enough to last a day on NDC. So many heads want multiples though. Nike is basically printing money on this release, they'd be foolish not to account for all those double ups, which is going to be everyone because of the price point.

Unless super limited and resell is $400++ out the gate

It's an even trade. Regardless of who favors what

I actually am gonna try to get the 31's as well.  I've been looking for a good pair of bball sneakers.  

BRED's would win for me in any trade of any 1 and thats because I only like BRED's and I bang with the Royals but I wouldn't put a ton of effort outside of trying online to get those.  BRED's I will be Captain Planeting it moving all types of heaven and earth to get a pair. 

I paid over retail on all 3 of my chi's but luckily it was pre order before the hype built. 2 other pre orders were cancelled then resisted at a higher price once hype built up SMH...

Just so ya'll know Footlocker/Champs/etc are working on a new raffle system for their shoes.  It's supposed to roll out by the end of August I believe ( right before the Bred's 1 release. )  This will make people have to have an app to enter the raffle and then be in the store to claim their shoes and once it's claimed they are taken out of the raffle system for any other stores in the nearby area that are associate with Footlocker.  It's supposed to cut down on backdooring / reselling by having everything electronic/technologized for better processing also.

Same thing as adidas confirmed. And champs had their system working for the metallic 5 release in my area (south florida). I actually reserved a pair and picked em up with it - not that I needed to reserve, but yes. It's a good system I think.

Last edited:
It's all preference but I'm in LOVE with my SBB's...moreso than Breds, but I understand the love you guys have for them and I hope all ya'll cook...

If I'm not too busy around the time of release I may put some raffles in, if I score, I'd cop to help a NTer out (for retail of course)

I see what you did there :lol:

Kinda weird that SC didn't include the 2001 pair. I have my '01 pair (pictured below), wear them regularly and they still look great. The materials were great back them. Wonder why they didn't use them in the comparison?

I don't see it as being any more weird than the '94s not being there, or (slightly more of a reach) the 2011s not being there. They probably just didn't have all of the iterations accessible to them at the time.

Last edited:
Just so ya'll know Footlocker/Champs/etc are working on a new raffle system for their shoes.  It's supposed to roll out by the end of August I believe ( right before the Bred's 1 release. )  This will make people have to have an app to enter the raffle and then be in the store to claim their shoes and once it's claimed they are taken out of the raffle system for any other stores in the nearby area that are associate with Footlocker.  It's supposed to cut down on backdooring / reselling by having everything electronic/technologized for better processing also.

I'm not really feeling this. I was talking to a FTL manager a few weeks ago about the new app and he said it was being tested in Florida which we all know at this point. When he spoke about the app he made it seem like it was going to make his job easier and help with resellers yada yada etc. What they fail to realize is some people actually want to buy more than 1 pair, for themselves. I know right now that I want 2 pairs of SJs this holiday. If I hit on 2 raffles why can't I buy 2. I'm not a reseller. I legit want to buy 2 pairs for myself.

To me the idea of the app is already outdated. FTL thinks they are helping a situation but they are actually not. Nike already solved the problem when they started simply making more of the shoes. Look at metallic 5s for reference. I'm against the app if it hurts my chances at securing a pair(s). Emphasis on pairs.

Last edited:

If I cant cop these my plans are: 1. Cry in the corner for a day or two 2. Contemplate paying $500+ resale 3. quit complaining and just cop some cm 1s
I am thinking the resale on these won't be as crazy '13s at their peak. Remember there was a large gap since Nike had last done BREDs right when the '13s dropped. DMP pairs did nothing for most of us and Banneds triggered the pre-hype with their limited release and difficulty getting. People here still have their '13s with enough life left for now and some of us see them being closer to OGs than the '16 pairs. My guess is resale will be probably 350-400 release date and dip  to near 300-350 1-2 weeks after as more pairs come online and start climbing once no more pairs are added to ebay and stay climbing until the next release is announced. 
.kickzr4us dude preorder is $525, smh
Recently even respected resellers who do pre-orders have been off about the pricing and resale after release was usually a better bet. I am thinking unless you find something around $350 don't risk pre-ordering. Especially if the rumours about the production numbers are true. 
SC dropped an og, 2013, and 2016 comparison vid on their FB page, here's a pic of the OG and 2016
Wonder if they could've found a more beat up pair of 85s
Also if they could afford cameras with at least the video quality of an amateur youtube channel 
mean.gif

Red looks rather dark

Can't go by the snkrs pic since those are heavily edited
mean.gif
SNKRS pics would make '16 my top pick among the BREDs just below the '85 pair. But in reality I know the color will be off and the leather overly tumbled like what we see on 3s or something. What infuriates me is that Nike can give us pics of exactly what we want, but not the actual shoe itself. If they had the idea of a certain leather color and texture in mind why not make it just like that. This is where I put on my conspiracy hat and think Nike deliberately makes re-releases wack with the messed up idea that it keeps customers coming back.

Last edited:
I really hope resale adjusts to $400 or lower. I dropped the ball on the $375 preorder. 
mad.gif

I wanted this shoe so bad in 01 but couldn't get it. Had to settle for some black and red AF1s and just pretended they were the same thing 
roll.gif

I really hope resale adjusts to $400 or lower. I dropped the ball on the $375 preorder. >:

I wanted this shoe so bad in 01 but couldn't get it. Had to settle for some black and red AF1s and just pretended they were the same thing :rofl:

01 was the last time you had an opportunity to purchase this shoe?..

There's been a few opportunities since.

SC PIC DEFINITELY LOOKS LIKE 94'S OR THE ACTUAL BANNED PAIR.. THEY DONT HAVE THAT "USUAL" TALL LANKY SHAPE LIKE 2013S AND 01S HAD.. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom