THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I never would iron directly onto the sneaker though. Did that and f'd up a pair.

@unseen  i have only re-shaped leather ones, do you just do the same method with the non leather ones?

@dblplay1212  also i used a shoe tree at first to get that nice snug toe box down, then switched out to a sock and stuffed it after i had taken the toe box all where i could with the tree

I never would iron directly onto the sneaker though. Did that and f'd up a pair.

@unseen
 i have only re-shaped leather ones, do you just do the same method with the non leather ones?

@dblplay1212
 also i used a shoe tree at first to get that nice snug toe box down, then switched out to a sock and stuffed it after i had taken the toe box all where i could with the tree

I wrap everything with a towel. On sensitive material like tumbled leather or softer suede, ill use a garment steamer. Finger press and bend over the knee. Just have to be careful with this not to crease too much.

I wrap everything with a towel. On sensitive material like tumbled leather or softer suede, ill use a garment steamer. Finger press and bend over the knee. Just have to be careful with this not to crease too much.
I have a garment steamer. Does it work better than the iron?

I have a garment steamer. Does it work better than the iron?

Iron works the best because its hotter and has weight to it, however, a combo of those attributes can cause damage. Ie. The fur on 2015 safaris, tumbled leather, and textile materials such as 3m, rubber etc. The garment steamer is a slower, less aggressive means but at times may not be effective. A soaked towel and iron is best in most applications. See the aforementioned for exclusions. Limit one coupon per customer.

Iron works the best because its hotter and has weight to it, however, a combo of those attributes can cause damage. Ie. The fur on 2015 safaris, tumbled leather, and textile materials such as 3m, rubber etc. The garment steamer is a slower, less aggressive means but at times may not be effective. A soaked towel and iron is best in most applications. See the aforementioned for exclusions. Limit one coupon per customer.
Might to mine premiums like you did later tonight. They were $50 so if I trash them oh well.

Might to mine premiums like you did later tonight. They were $50 so if I trash them oh well.

That's exactly why I started on them. Shape came out decent so thought I'll wear these today. Just make sure you use that wet rag or thick fabric.

just saw a PADS sz11 kumquat on the bay for 64$ shipped.

sz11 heads grab that steal and use the process discussed here to make those joints like good

xdeathtoallx is the seller. I'd post the link but not trying to catch the hammer

Last edited:
just saw a PADS sz11 kumquat on the bay for 64$ shipped.

sz11 heads grab that steal and use the process discussed here to make those joints like good

xdeathtoallx is the seller. I'd post the link but not trying to catch the hammer
Copped. Appreciate the lookout. I'll take those for $67 shipped all day.

^ nice. I would've as well if they were my size.

I know the shape of those gets hate but I actually really like them

^ nice. I would've as well if they were my size.

I know the shape of those gets hate but I actually really like them
Yea I like the colorway a lot. Simple and clean. I like the pebbled mudguard. Only issue is the shape and I don't mind practicing on a cheap pair. Going to wait for these to come in and then practice on the ones above and then do the Kumquats. Thanks again for posting bc I had my eye on them for a while. Almost made an even lower offer but didn't want to be greedy.

Last edited:
Will the reshape video that was posted earlier work on the WillLeather iDs? I have those coming soon and have never reshaped before but I'd like to give it a try...

Hey so I'm looking to grab just the original blue color way and I was wondering what's a good year that would be wearable? Appreciate it

Will the reshape video that was posted earlier work on the WillLeather iDs? I have those coming soon and have never reshaped before but I'd like to give it a try...
Originally Posted by  

WLG reshape done with shoe trees, my finger and water...then allowed to dry.
Hey so I'm looking to grab just the original blue color way and I was wondering what's a good year that would be wearable? Appreciate it
i have 2009s and theyre solid. 

2009 china release or 2010 vietnam release or the 2005 wmns HOA thailand release if you can find them, but if i were you i would wait a couple of months there is a big possibility that the OG blue will get re-released this year because of the 30th anniversary from the am1

2009 china release or 2010 vietnam release or the 2005 wmns HOA thailand release if you can find them, but if i were you i would wait a couple of months there is a big possibility that the OG blue will get re-released this year because of the 30th anniversary from the am1
Thanks! Appreciate the info

Finally got around to reshaping and trimming my '16 Safari

Turned out pretty well, a few pre creases as a result of the reshaping. Have some edging up to do on the trimming :lol:

Fam! I'm not such a shape-fanatic as some of u guys. But the more I read about it and look at the posted pics I have to agree!!! Thanks!

So far I reshaped only 1 pair. Turned out OK.

Only another reshape makes my Stratus wearable. The shape is really embarassing!

My biggest fail was focussing on AM1s so late. Always loved them but not so serious. Damned! In the 2000s I was a studying, money was spent at parties and stuff. No excuses, fail stays fail.

Got my donor pair in!

I actually like how the green pops little more on the donor pair, and it really matches the back heel logo!

Sending them out tomorrow to get fixed up!

Edit: before you say "but what about the gum sole?!" He is adding the original gum sole over the new midsole :smokin

Last edited:
Thats a nice match @SingledOut  

On the subject of re-shaping i did the black pinnacles yesterday, i noticed a bit of creasing on this leather and im guessing because you have a bit of extra leather that needs to go somewhere so it creases a nit. I just shoved a few socks in there to flatten it out and get it smooth which worked.

Also planning on a complete pair of customs from Dank. Were sorting out the design now. 

Back
Top Bottom