THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Agreed. I also think it's ridiculous that his shop is reselling his own sneaker for 500-600. If he was really about the culture he would sell his sneaker in his store at retail price.
$900! The thing is, I don't even knock his hustle. Make your money, man. But don't claim to be about the culture when it's clear you're about the money.

It's not so much hate towards Sean as it is hate for Nike doing a collab with a reseller. If he just sold vintage stuff like gusto and Doggsfoot I don't think anyone would have an issue with it. That's not the case though. Dude has a squad of goons thay rush every release and gobble up dozens of pairs so Sean can sell them for 2x retail at his shop. I'm not knocking his hustle, just saying it's a really bad look for Nike to be partnering with him.

I was going to say that this was the only reason I wasn't even going crazy for the SWs.

Not going to support any of that one bit.

Collab would've been dope if it went to Gusto.

-Drew

^ sheesh!! I stand corrected. I'm a huge fan of the vintage collectables so I've always been a fan of round two and even their episodes on YouTube and such. But again, if dude is trying to be for the culture, don't do ish like that.

so sivias comes out to 175 euro, do i have to call them to take out the vat or anything?

I'm going to email them once the package starts moving to ask for VAT refund, but historically they do no refund VAT to non-EU customers. Technically stores are supposed to, but a lot don't.

^ sheesh!! I stand corrected. I'm a huge fan of the vintage collectables so I've always been a fan of round two and even their episodes on YouTube and such. But again, if dude is trying to be for the culture, don't do ish like that.

Round Two Vintage > Round Two Hollywood

They're basically next door to one another but the vintage shop is actually pretty dope. Granted a lot of stuff you could have found at the flea market down the street for 1/4 of the price if you were willing to do some digging but they still definitely have some well/fair priced stuff there.

It's not so much hate towards Sean as it is hate for Nike doing a collab with a reseller. If he just sold vintage stuff like gusto and Doggsfoot I don't think anyone would have an issue with it. That's not the case though. Dude has a squad of goons thay rush every release and gobble up dozens of pairs so Sean can sell them for 2x retail at his shop. I'm not knocking his hustle, just saying it's a really bad look for Nike to be partnering with him.

It's funny how in his SNKRS story they call him a vintage seller :rofl:

Did they remove this off their IG?
It's not on their page anymore
Yea, they take stuff down all the time after it sells. Honestly I think they don't want to be viewed as a reseller of new stuff so try to do it lowkey. They've posted fsr of Yeezys and UNDFTD 97s and then later deleted it. That post was from a few months ago though. It's not recent. It was during the first release.

$900! The thing is, I don't even knock his hustle. Make your money, man. But don't claim to be about the culture when it's clear you're about the money.

way to much of this going on. people acting as if they're doing it for the love of sneakers but in reality it's all about the money. that goes for youtubers, referral link guys, and all the rest of these "influencers." nobody does it for the pure passion anymore.

one of the reasons I'm hesitant to pay resale for these. hoping I can get them at retail but thats looking highly unlikely.

way to much of this going on. people acting as if they're doing it for the love of sneakers but in reality it's all about the money. that goes for youtubers, referral link guys, and all the rest of these "influencers." nobody does it for the pure passion anymore.

one of the reasons I'm hesitant to pay resale for these. hoping I can get them at retail but thats looking highly unlikely.
I feel like anyone that says "for the culture" is just looking to make money off people wanting to be a part of something. Personally I don't feel like sneakers is a culture. I like shoes. Nothing more. It's not a culture for me at all.

just bought SW off windy city. tired of jumping through hoops for sneakers and being botless.

i never hit raffles so if by the grace of god i hit kith or snkrs i’ll just sell to offset the price.

i dunno if they’ll go below 400. prob for a little bit. but they rose today and i don’t know any real shot at getting them monday

tis whatit tis

VOTE FORWARD for next years release.
Your vote counts !

Nike x Flightclub NYC
Nike x UrbanNecesitties LV
Nike x ProjectBlitz Croatia
Nike x RIF LA

You can try to buy online on NDC and waste your time ,or x4retail at the collaborator's/designer's physical location.
Oh boy , can't wait.

Looks like I’m gonna be paying resell on the 97/1 here’s to hoping it’s reasonable. Just spent 370 last week on animals

I'm already prepared

Creme in VA

I was hoping they would do a legit raffle

I saw a pic of the line this morning, and knew it would be a problem. After going to Need Supply I'm not doing that anymore.

VOTE FORWARD for next years release.
Your vote counts !

Nike x Flightclub NYC
Nike x UrbanNecesitties LV
Nike x ProjectBlitz Croatia
Nike x RIF LA

You can try to buy online on NDC and waste your time ,or x4retail at the collaborator's/designer's physical location.
Oh boy , can't wait.
Yeah this aint fun any more lol. They got us filling all these raffles wasting time. I feel like its pretty mentally abusive keeping people in the hype train and creating a false sense of hope.
In store raffles that are filled out in store(not online so non-locals can sign up) is the best chance you got.
Too bad as soon as one of us is done with the nonsense there's another kid ready to campout for the latest Air jordan 3 bred retro. The cycle continues...

Yeah this aint fun any more lol. They got us filling all these raffles wasting time. I feel like its pretty mentally abusive keeping people in the hype train and creating a false sense of hope.
In store raffles that are filled out in store(not online so non-locals can sign up) is the best chance you got.
Too bad as soon as one of us is done with the nonsense there's another kid ready to campout for the latest Air jordan 3 bred retro. The cycle continues...

this led me to resell don’t care how anyone feels.

whatever i can get my hands on i have no choice but to use the proceeds on the stuff i actually want.

basically what i did to get the SW so it’s all relative

Back
Top Bottom