THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

BE5258F1-4B96-48E1-B9F9-74897B554375.jpeg

All of these have me baffled. For the NYC event, no hyrbids were allowed. Plus it wasn't digital. You got a board to draw on and you had 2~ hours to do it. Maybe these ar submissions to get into the class and then they'll have the same rules as NYC? Idk, just weird that theirs is so different.
Was thinking the same. Not playing by the same rules makes no sense.

Caillera :lol:

Air maxs have always been linked to "street ppl" in France. Especially AM90 and TN. AM1's a bit excluded from this.
In late 90s i heard some stories about guys beaten for their BW (and leather jacket btw) if you go in the wrong streets, even in small cities |l

little bit too cliché for me, but yes i understand you because on this old picture red pant & TN look "caillera"

Honestly this kind of thing can happen everywhere, me in my city and no matter what time there is not a street a dead end or I can not walk there, I never turn around this is not my usual and I never had the slightest worries (after I cheat I am known and recognized in my city lol nobody makes me ****, but in the big city next door it's the same and I'm not native of, late 90 it was hot very hot much more than now and never happened to me the shade of concern, it was for the little story, it's a question of hatitude, and i'm not a monster guy, about 1m78 for 74kg now, not a scary physicist, hatitude is the key)

Good memories...Tacchini, Lacoste, TNs

Still wearing those clothes, i just try to not put tracksuit top and bottom together so it doesn't look too cliché, so 90% of my time I'm in tracksuit tops and jeans lol
But still repping the old school way :nthat:

that I understand you, I do the same, and I start to get old for these "bull****" lol, and yes the clichés remains, unfortunately, I have evolved I have a sporty "class" look now (I am a sports educator in a football club too), exit tracksuit / trackpant old style (lacoste), but my caps are always lacoste just like my polos... it's my style :wink: just as I still wear "Oakland raiders" sweat in memory of the early 90's or it's was in fashion, my look is timeless, lot of old beautiful piece that I love...

have a good day, peace :wink:

edit: olala the carnage the air max structure/270... in my taste

Last edited:
That's a good look! I mostly go out with Lacoste Polos and a Fila/Le Coq Sportif/Elesse Track top and tapered black jeans. That look works for me since about my adolescence, lol.

Was thinking the same. Not playing by the same rules makes no sense.

NYC should be thankful that hybrids were not allowed! I mean the paris hybrids look like **** as 95% of hybrids!
Soon they start mixing different brands, lol...

0CE611D1-F1EA-4559-B219-F718B40E3D0D.jpeg

These came in today. Different colorway imo. The laces are almost a greenish grey.

whoa, this mica green/volt AM1 is excellent! Talking bout the colors not the shape on this pic!
Still no release date for Europe!?

I still want a pair of elephants

Just baffles me how these jumped from $450-$465 to $550+ last month and have not gone down. Figured it was just the hype from Air Max month that brought the price up but it seems like its staying there. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't these about $300-$350 during the 1st month of their release last year?

"weren't these about $300-$350 during the 1st month of their release last year?"

Not sure about US, but in Europe they were going for 280 - 350 GBP around release date... I'm pretty sure they will never retro again, but you never know.

I could be wrong, but I thought upon initial release it was around that price range.

Think I may be mistaking them for the anniversary pairs and maybe these did start off at a resale tag of $400

honestly, as long as people continue to spend crazy money for a pair of shoes prices are not likely to decline, I too would like to buy this pair but out of the question for me to pay a sum of money that it is not worth

in addition it would make me **** to buy a pair 500euro (or more) I dare not even wear it because of the price, for me a sneaker must be worn (if it is old is something else), I find it worthless to wear a nice recent sneaker just to take pictures or admire them (but everyone his thing, I understand that some have a different vision of the thing and just pile them into boxes for pleasure for collection, I'm just not one of those, perso I like to wear them that's my pleasure)

I think a collector is willing to spend a lot of money to get a nice piece that he misses, a guy who wears them a lot less

Last edited:
The shoes are "worth" whatever anyone is willing to pay. I got my pair resale but got to stay in bed and not waste / base my whole day around queuing in West End for an unguaranteed pair. For me time is more important than money. It sucks tho that we can't all cop for retail, way of the world dude.

I beat the s**t out of all my kicks btw

Just baffles me how these jumped from $450-$465 to $550+ last month and have not gone down. Figured it was just the hype from Air Max month that brought the price up but it seems like its staying there. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't these about $300-$350 during the 1st month of their release last year?
I, 100% agree with you and yes 300-350.

Yeah they were I got mine for $320 about a month after they released

Back
Top Bottom