THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Just arrived from Centre , copped during 35% off sale , mudguard on point
2244ADC6-FA85-458B-B7C3-221E9655DCB0.jpeg

I know there are a couple of fellas here that have large collections and probably fit your response. Got 1 you can think of that you fully intended to wear and didnā€™t? Or is that all the unworn pairs?
That's a good question. I generally buy from a collecting perspective, but I'm not really against the idea of wearing any of my pairs. I do like, whenever possible, to have doubles of any pair I want to wear though. There are several pairs that I've thought would be fun to wear, but I just haven't for whatever reason. I generally just have a handful of shoes sitting around that I wear, and I don't put a lot of 'style thought' into what those are. Also, a pretty high percentage of my shoes would be a bit of a gamle to actually wear at this point given their age. But, to be more specific in my answer to your question, I have always loved the Parra Amsterdams, for example, but I've never worn a pair. I have the various versions, but never put them on. Maybe I should make that my goal for tomorrow. :smile:

Finally got back to putting more shoes up. Need to get a few AM1 out of storage to fill some holes and taking a few old unwearable pairs off but this is where I am now. Now I get to take all of these boxes to storage and free up space in the room. Have another section for the AF1 and Jordans that I have so that'll help too. Actually got the idea for this wall from SUPER BLACK SUPER BLACK several years ago.

20210109_175014.jpg
Looking great, bro. So happy for you.

I'm not nearly as big an AM1 guy as most of you. Honestly I probably have like 20 pairs of AMs total (including 90s etc). I roughly keep about 1/3 of my collection DS.

That's increasing with age (also due to covid and my inability to wear stuff out) but usually about 1/3 of my 100 or so pair collection is DS.

I don't buy anything without the intention of actually wearing it.

It wild to see some of you bigger collectors never wear ****.

Haha Jesus. You really should share more of your collection. I'd love to see all the stuff you have hidden away.
I know - I know. I have thought (many times) about various images I could do, but I never get around to it. I don't even have my 'sneaker room' done that I started almost 3 years ago. I'm such a sloth with this stuff. Keep in mind almost all my pairs are stored (or actually stuffed, rather) away, so I'd have to make a bit of an effort to get stuff out to take pictures of and such. But you're right, I should pull my finger out and get something done.

That's a good question. I generally buy from a collecting perspective, but I'm not really against the idea of wearing any of my pairs. I do like, whenever possible, to have doubles of any pair I want to wear though. There are several pairs that I've thought would be fun to wear, but I just haven't for whatever reason. I generally just have a handful of shoes sitting around that I wear, and I don't put a lot of 'style thought' into what those are. Also, a pretty high percentage of my shoes would be a bit of a gamle to actually wear at this point given their age. But, to be more specific in my answer to your question, I have always loved the Parra Amsterdams, for example, but I've never worn a pair. I have the various versions, but never put them on. Maybe I should make that my goal for tomorrow. :smile:
DON'T WEAR THE F&F MASTERS

I know - I know. I have thought (many times) about various images I could do, but I never get around to it. I don't even have my 'sneaker room' done that I started almost 3 years ago. I'm such a sloth with this stuff. Keep in mind almost all my pairs are stored (or actually stuffed, rather) away, so I'd have to make a bit of an effort to get stuff out to take pictures of and such. But you're right, I should pull my finger out and get something done.
Doesn't have to be a group pic. I know that pink themed pic had to take a good bit of time. I'd love to just see some of the pairs you have. One pair at a time. I've seen a lot of them but I know there's others that I probably don't know even exist. I get that it's a pain though. But seeing pics of some of the stuff you have is as close as any of us others will ever get to those pairs.

lol... I should make a video of me skating in them or something. Just to have you sweat uncontrollably.
Hahahaha I'd be sick to my stomach and happy for you at the same time.

I know I've mentioned them a few times so I'll tell the story. I came across a pair of them in our size but couldn't pull the trigger at the time. I gave SUPER BLACK SUPER BLACK the heads up and he copped within 5 minutes. I've been beyond jealous since. He's put them in his will and his daughters will send them to Florida if something unfortunate happens to him. Not that I'm rooting for that or anything lol

By the way dblplay1212 dblplay1212 I know you've asked before to see my 'collection list' - so here's a PDF with a list of my pairs. For anyone else, yes, I keep a pretty detailed list of the AM1s I own. Nerdy, I know - but there's also an insurance element to it. Feel free to check out this list out if you want to, but I ask you to please not share it or post it anywhere. Cheers.

Attachments

• SB_AM1_Collection_01092021.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 307
By the way dblplay1212 dblplay1212 I know you've asked before to see my 'collection list' - so here's a PDF with a list of my pairs. For anyone else, yes, I keep a pretty detailed list of the AM1s I own. Nerdy, I know - but there's also an insurance element to it. Feel free to check out this list out if you want to, but I ask you to please not share it or post it anywhere. Cheers.
Hahahah that's insane! I still have that AH double up pic somewhere. Still the most insane shoe picture I've seen. 2 of 24 AH. 2 of 8 Em's. Just wild. And so low-key that very few even know. Appreciate all the knowledge over the years.

Screenshot_20210109-235430_Google PDF Viewer.jpg
Screenshot_20210109-235449_Google PDF Viewer.jpg
Screenshot_20210109-235719_Google PDF Viewer.jpg

Finally got back to putting more shoes up. Need to get a few AM1 out of storage to fill some holes and taking a few old unwearable pairs off but this is where I am now. Now I get to take all of these boxes to storage and free up space in the room. Have another section for the AF1 and Jordans that I have so that'll help too. Actually got the idea for this wall from SUPER BLACK SUPER BLACK several years ago.

20210109_175014.jpg
Amazing. I'm looking at the pair 3 down from SNKRS day trying to figure out what they are, it's hard to tell and it's bugging me if anyone can help.

Amazing and really impressive, both the collection and the organization that went into it.

Last edited:
Was trying to be good but couldnā€™t resist that mini swoosh, it helped that I had vouchers and a 25% discount code worked as well.
The quality of the leather is nice and soft too.
B868DEF3-0213-405A-88AD-D8B2869AE009.jpeg
I'm debating grabbing these from Ebay since there's been no mention of a US release yet. I'm sure I'm being impatient and they'll drop here eventually, but seeing all these in hand pics is killing me!

I needs a couple of those sent my way rather than left sitting in a box to crumble...
I'm saying! Not even the grails either, like what's up with a pair of diffused blue fades or arctic pink Pinnacles?? No one needs three DS pairs of either of those unless they're the designer, if then.

Screenshot_20210110-050948_Drive.jpg

Browsing this and came across an error, you've got the SNKRS day information swapped around.

Amazing and really impressive, both the collection and the organization that went into it. I'm an 11/10.5 too, please keep me in mind if you ever start getting rid of ANYTHING.

Back
Top Bottom