THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I like that you did the red outsole. Not a fan of red overall, but I feel putting the red on the bottom represents the OG inspiration better than a black bottom. Love the top eyelet trick with the laces.

Those gold leafs are just all types of dope. I'm really feeling the tight mesh that's being used in recent am1s. These are women's? Might have to seek these out.

I appreciate that. Yeah I was having a tough time deciding between red and black. But very happy with the red. Might make a pair of OG graphites as well if my wallet lets me

I appreciate that. Yeah I was having a tough time deciding between red and black. But very happy with the red. Might make a pair of OG graphites as well if my wallet lets me
again, im not into red whatsoever, and it makes me cringe to have an all red outsole.  but when you look at the outsole of an og or retro sport red, you mostly see the red out peek out at the toe of the 3 colors.  when the ID is sitting on the ground, that same red pops at the toe, and isnt as noticeable throughout.  im debating on whether i should take part of this, or wait on a re release.  wish they had the varsity blue.  you can kind of emulate a varsity blue with the leather mudguard but ehh leather mudguard.   

again, im not into red whatsoever, and it makes me cringe to have an all red outsole.  but when you look at the outsole of an og or retro sport red, you mostly see the red out peek out at the toe of the 3 colors.  when the ID is sitting on the ground, that same red pops at the toe, and isnt as noticeable throughout.  im debating on whether i should take part of this, or wait on a re release.  wish they had the varsity blue.  you can kind of emulate a varsity blue with the leather mudguard but ehh leather mudguard.   
I get what your saying. 

Is the blue that they have not the OG blue? 

I get what your saying. 

Is the blue that they have not the OG blue? 
for the soft suede option its more of a royal.  when you use leather there is a color option of photo blue, which is rather close to varsity.  dont know why they didnt offer it in soft suede.  it wouldve been a wrap for me with 2 pairs.  done and done.  i cant justify giving some dude 300 for an 8/10 condition pair of 2009 retros.  

Finally both my ID options are being finished. 

Im sure theyll have new options soon.
huh?  you referring to pendletons?  didnt we just move into the next ID option? im still waiting on my Jan 29th order of pendletons. 

what draws me to the bespokes is not only the various materials that can be utilized, but the freedom of color blocking.  with IDs youre limited, not only in color or material, but location of where said color and material goes.  with bespoke its a true ID.  i think that alone could be worth it. 

what draws me to the bespokes is not only the various materials that can be utilized, but the freedom of color blocking.  with IDs youre limited, not only in color or material, but location of where said color and material goes.  with bespoke its a true ID.  i think that alone could be worth it. 
Trust me, its worth it - in my eyes at least. I know everyone has opinions especially on the salty price, however I just sold 4 pairs I didn't even wear and used that to go and create my own bespoke. The experience alone is amazing, you truly feel like you're making your dream AM1 with Nike. I would really like to make a second pair down the road.

Very nice bespokes

Whats the mudguard material officially called anyone know?

Last edited:
Red based bespokes are tight. Not a fan of the over rated speckles or the different swoosh styles. But other than that...great job.

Already ready for my first bespoke but I'm gonna wait and knock 2 birds out with one stone.

Last edited:
Really nice job @SingledOut
Those aren't mine, those are someone else who made them at 1948.

These are mine 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
What size of the Air Max 1 Ultra Essential should I get if I am a US 8.5 in Flyknit Trainer, Flyknit Racer, LunarTempo 2, and US 8 in Flyknit Lunar 1?

Are they bigger/smaller/comparable in size to those?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom