The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

One Piece

You know what, I hope Sanji cooks her something that will calm her down, and then she's like "cool, you guys can go". That'll be a great twist to this arc. lol
But seriously though, I don't know how to feel about Pudding anymore. I thought she was gonna flip to the Strawhats side when Sanji saved her, but now she's in full Yandere mode because Sanji looked at Nami? lol

We've talked about Kingdom in here before. It's an excellent series.

I wish Vagabond would come back, how do you come back, start the last arc, then stop indefinitely again?

I've given up on Vagabond. The best part about Kingdom are the reaction faces, they're absolutely hilarious :lol:

For anyone looking for a recommendation read Epic of Gilgamesh.
It's korean and I can tell you in one word why you should read it: Hinsher.

The fights are great because they're well thought out instead of multiple forms/powerups, nakama power nonsense and the OP isnt overpowered (even though he should be) and instead uses his noodle to fight. Sadly the translation team is having trouble with finding a translator so releases arent consistent :smh. Hopefully it one day makes it to webtoons.com because it's great and deserves a wider audience.

I've given up on Vagabond. The best part about Kingdom are the reaction faces, they're absolutely hilarious :lol:

For anyone looking for a recommendation read Epic of Gilgamesh.
It's korean and I can tell you in one word why you should read it: Hinsher.

The fights are great because they're well thought out instead of multiple forms/powerups, nakama power nonsense and the OP isnt overpowered (even though he should be) and instead uses his noodle to fight. Sadly the translation team is having trouble with finding a translator so releases arent consistent :smh. Hopefully it one day makes it to webtoons.com because it's great and deserves a wider audience.

Do you read Hellper? That's another really good/interesting Korean series. It's on Webtoon.com. The story can be tough to follow at times though.

Never even heard of it. I'll check it out. Cant be more confusing than GOH.
I'm still tryna figure out where they're going with the story now. At least it's back to HS for now.

Just saw the first two episodes of Classroom of the Elite. I'm all in. lol

Just watched the second episode as well and while I'd say the first episode garnered more of my interest, I'm still feeling where things are going.

This has been more of a manga week for me though; started reading Berserk on a whim either last Saturday or at the start of this week and after getting jumbled up because of reading it through KissManga (bad translations and a cool 16-17 chapters tucked away under those 'Ch. 000a-000p' or some **** like that), I've found a better site and burned through 136 (or 152 I guess? Including the first 16 from the previous publication) chapters so far.

I knew it was a great series, but now I can really see the appeal.

Just watched the second episode as well and while I'd say the first episode garnered more of my interest, I'm still feeling where things are going.

This has been more of a manga week for me though; started reading Berserk on a whim either last Saturday or at the start of this week and after getting jumbled up because of reading it through KissManga (bad translations and a cool 16-17 chapters tucked away under those 'Ch. 000a-000p' or some **** like that), I've found a better site and burned through 136 (or 152 I guess? Including the first 16 from the previous publication) chapters so far.

I knew it was a great series, but now I can really see the appeal.
The best part for you is that you're coming in during a Hiatus, so when you catch up you'll be right there with us. I believe the hiatus ends late fall / early winter. It's one of my personal favorites, and possibly the best fantasy themed manga out.

The best part for you is that you're coming in during a Hiatus, so when you catch up you'll be right there with us. I believe the hiatus ends late fall / early winter. It's one of my personal favorites, and possibly the best fantasy themed manga out.

That's been crossing my mind these last two days or so, I don't like following long-running series that are prone to hiatuses on a chapter by chapter basis, so I may hit 300 and press pause
full

That's been crossing my mind these last two days or so, I don't like following long-running series that are prone to hiatuses on a chapter by chapter basis, so I may hit 300 and press pause
full
It's up to 351 so you can go a bit farther than that. lol
But now for the real question

Griffith. Did he do nothing wrong, or must he die for his sins? I will judge you from here on out depending on your answer. lol

It's up to 351 so you can go a bit farther than that. lol
But now for the real question

Griffith. Did he do nothing wrong, or must he die for his sins? I will judge you from here on out depending on your answer. lol

That might still be a little too close to comfort for me, I enjoy having a couple of series that I get to binge periodically.

I wrote up a whole post in response to the spoiler, and I imagine it isn't too wild for me form an opinion yet since I've passed the Golden Age/Eclipse, but I'm going to get back to you on that one after I've read some more
full

At the moment though,

He did nothing wrong
full

Last edited:
Definitely ready for this One Piece arc to end and ready to see the other straw hats in Wano especially Kaido. Can't imagine what manga readers were goin through with the Dressrosa arc tho.

Just saw the first two episodes of Classroom of the Elite. I'm all in. lol
Yeah that's one of the shows that I like this season. Could do without the fan service though

Gamers- Episode 2 really sold the show. It has plenty of game references but also a likeable cast

Classroom of the elite. Little bit of intrigue going on. Not the best show but a solid watch

Fastest Finger First. Has a similar vibe to gamers without the video games. It makes Quiz bowl somewhat interesting

Starting a petition to rename One Piece "One Break Every Two Weeks"

And also we will never get a solid fight in OP again. Oda stated in an interview he is so focused on progressing the story that there's no time for him to draw cool fights like he used to

Also said that most fights will be one or two chapters at most going forward
Man who you telling I once posted on another forum about how often the breaks are and got roasted. The breaks are to damn high, however, we did go 4 weeks this time without one. This cliffhanger as monumental as it SHOULD be was really blah to me. Oh Big Mom is coming in and crazed ready to fight the Strawhats, I was more excited seeing her on the flying Nimbus.
Definitely ready for this One Piece arc to end and ready to see the other straw hats in Wano especially Kaido. Can't imagine what manga readers were goin through with the Dressrosa arc tho.
Oh man it was claws on a chalkboard, I was so bored. I usually jump on my computer at work and read it Thursday morning before doing anything, then I was reading about stuff on ESPN, playing on FB. I would get around to reading the chapter around noon.

Man who you telling I once posted on another forum about how often the breaks are and got roasted. The breaks are to damn high, however, we did go 4 weeks this time without one. This cliffhanger as monumental as it SHOULD be was really blah to me. Oh Big Mom is coming in and crazed ready to fight the Strawhats, I was more excited seeing her on the flying Nimbus.

Oh man it was claws on a chalkboard, I was so bored. I usually jump on my computer at work and read it Thursday morning before doing anything, then I was reading about stuff on ESPN, playing on FB. I would get around to reading the chapter around noon.

Yeah I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that big mom isn't a good villain. Like honestly besides katakuri I really don't care to see any of the big mom pirates ever again. She's definitely the wackest yonkou of them all, the least interesting, and probably the weakest (maybe blackbeard is weaker). I'm not feeling the whole rage thing at all. Just ruins her character even more imo

After watching my hero academia newest episode I really hope they do something dope w lida's character like a sasuke or something.

Plzzzz god tell me he doesn't go back to being a righteous weakling

Crazy to see some reactions in here I've actually been really enjoying this arc it kinda makes sense she'd go into rage over the wedding cake 1.the wedding cake was her main focus early in the arc 2. The rage was the main focus of the flashback so it all has to come full circle we're definitely winding down though I can see the end of the arc in sight and more important than wano is the reverie up next

Last edited:
After watching my hero academia newest episode I really hope they do something dope w lida's character like a sasuke or something.

Plzzzz god tell me he doesn't go back to being a righteous weakling
All I gotta say is read the manga for your answer. lol

Back
Top Bottom