The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Yeah I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that big mom isn't a good villain. Like honestly besides katakuri I really don't care to see any of the big mom pirates ever again. She's definitely the wackest yonkou of them all, the least interesting, and probably the weakest (maybe blackbeard is weaker). I'm not feeling the whole rage thing at all. Just ruins her character even more imo
I am interested to see what Smoothie does, and who she would match up against. I highly doubt Blackeard is weaker than her, "maybe" right now but certainly not once Luffy fights him. With two NASTY DF I am sure he is pretty powerful. I am sure he has mastered at least his darkness DF and is really good with his earthquake DF.

Fairy Tail is finally over. 11 years of my life given to that crap :emoji_sob: although to be fair it was much better in the beginning. Why do so many mangas finish so weakly? smh

Gamers- Episode 2 really sold the show. It has plenty of game references but also a likeable cast

Fastest Finger First
. Has a similar vibe to gamers without the video games. It makes Quiz bowl somewhat interesting

I'm liking both of these so far as well.

Also just caught up on Princess Principal and Welcome to the Ballroom, and they're both showing potential to me too.

Made in Abyss:

How did Riko listen to this ___ read off the known attributes of each level of the Abyss and still jump head first into that ****?
laugh.gif

I've been seeing comments from manga readers on the streaming sites saying that things will be getting dark, and I'm just going to laugh when it does because this was pure stupidity.

I know she's 12, but we saw Nat suffer from the effects of the first level of the Abyss this past episode so she's clearly aware of the fact that she's in over her head.

Calling it early, best OP of this season, no question. I'm a sucker for this type of music. :emoji_laughing: 8)

I'm liking both of these so far as well.

Also just caught up on Princess Principal and Welcome to the Ballroom, and they're both showing potential to me too.

Made in Abyss:

How did Riko listen to this ___ read off the known attributes of each level of the Abyss and still jump head first into that ****?
laugh.gif

I've been seeing comments from manga readers on the streaming sites saying that things will be getting dark, and I'm just going to laugh when it does because this was pure stupidity.

I know she's 12, but we saw Nat suffer from the effects of the first level of the Abyss this past episode so she's clearly aware of the fact that she's in over her head.
I also cosign on Gamers, Nana maru san batsu, and Princess Principal.

As for Made in Abyss:

As a person who binged the manga after the second episode (which is great btw), I can tell you that it will get much darker from this point out.
laugh.gif

She's going in knowing that it's going to be a one way trip. She wants to go see her mother and nothing is going to stop her, not even death.
Also, the curse of the abyss only affects you on your way up to the surface, not on the way down. So as long as she doesn't accidentally go up trying to escape some danger in the abyss she'll be fine.:emoji_smirk:

Fairy Tail is finally over. 11 years of my life given to that crap :emoji_sob: although to be fair it was much better in the beginning. Why do so many mangas finish so weakly? smh
Did it finally end, I didn't know it was ending. I been meaning to watch it but heard so much negative and inconsistencies I was turned off.

Still loving Boku no Hero Academia. Glad that Iida won't be taking any Sasuke route; that stopped being cool to me like halfway through Sasuke taking the Sasuke route
laugh.gif

I also cosign on Gamers, Nana maru san batsu, and Princess Principal.

As for Made in Abyss:

As a person who binged the manga after the second episode (which is great btw), I can tell you that it will get much darker from this point out.
laugh.gif

She's going in knowing that it's going to be a one way trip. She wants to go see her mother and nothing is going to stop her, not even death.
Also, the curse of the abyss only affects you on your way up to the surface, not on the way down. So as long as she doesn't accidentally go up trying to escape some danger in the abyss she'll be fine.:emoji_smirk:

Very good point.

As for that last line...

awesome-facial-expressions-change-while-acting.gif

Looking forward to the madness
laugh.gif

This almost makes me want to go back. And catch up. How weakly did it end.?
FT to me suffered from trying to be one piece too much. Then trying to separate themselves from one piece too hard
Then the friendship power upside were just like bleh.... Really.....
Don't get me wrong I loved the powers and a lot of characters but it suffered from what most Mangas do. Going above the story line and stretching it out too much for that money

The sasuke route was only bad for sasuke because they literally turned the show into sasuke instead of naruto. And plus itachi(mainly) and sasukes reasoning from the jump was ******ed.

They could have just made lida into a ***** that does his own thing to get revenge. If anything I hope they power him up. If he stays a weakling imma be pissed

Still loving Boku no Hero Academia. Glad that Iida won't be taking any Sasuke route; that stopped being cool to me like halfway through Sasuke taking the Sasuke route
laugh.gif

Very good point.

As for that last line...

awesome-facial-expressions-change-while-acting.gif

Looking forward to the madness
laugh.gif
Word. Sasuke became mad irrelevant to me after a while. Aside from a few big fights he had in part 2, I didnt care for him or the way he was shoehorned in to stay relevant.
laugh.gif

From what I read on reddit, with the pacing the anime is taking, as well as the amount of chapters out, there are two likely ending points to this season. It will either end before a major event, with a lot of exposition and set up for the event, or it will end after that event (and boy is it going to be one hell of an event
laugh.gif
). A lot of people (myself included) want the ladder to happen because it is a much better setup for another season, if another season gets green lit. The former isn't a bad end point, but with the chapter/episode ratio (currently at about 3:1) the ladder is much more likely. We'll have to wait and see though.

This almost makes me want to go back. And catch up. How weakly did it end.?
FT to me suffered from trying to be one piece too much. Then trying to separate themselves from one piece too hard
Then the friendship power upside were just like bleh.... Really.....
Don't get me wrong I loved the powers and a lot of characters but it suffered from what most Mangas do. Going above the story line and stretching it out too much for that money

You remember acnologia? The big bad boogey man thats been lurking the whole series and took half of Gildarts' body from him.

He was beat in like 3 chapters for no other reason than the power of friendship. That's how weakly it ended. They made all these super powerful foes in the end but friendship overcame them all. And of course there's no such thing as death in this series. It's crazy how Mashima loves to pump fake death thinking he's actually gonna catch someone and we're gonna be surprised that someone is actually still alive.

I hope Sonic doesn't become a monster. Hopefully cooking the monster cell will have killed it
Figured it out.

Last edited:
I hope Sonic doesn't become a monster. Hopefully cooking the monster cell will have killed it
Figured it out.
It is implied that he indeed screwed it up by cooking it. Leave it to Sonic to screw up something like that, especially when he actually wanted the powers.
laugh.gif

Also, those two guys were the most Jojo villains I have ever seen. I thought I was actually reading Jojo for a second.
laugh.gif

Lots going on this week. It's interesting kind of how Gustang and Baam both want to assert their will on the floor and claim they're right in the approach. I like how SIU decide not to really make Baam the savior though. In his blog post he says "It was intentional that neither Urek nor Baam could save the Floor of Death in this arc, and Garam wanting the Floor of Death staying as is can put her has a hypocrite, but I believe that people like Joe and Hockney would come into being in the future. Of course, if they become corrupted, they might become like Joe, but instead of an absolute figure cracking the egg, it should be the society cracking the eggshell from the inside out. That's what I think at least."

I definitely think there are many more secrets on the FoD, if Gustang is so hellbent on making sure it doesn't change.

Looks like Hockney is actually about to get his painting back. The Mata/Hockney part was also very good.

I really like the callback to the high heels in the case for Zahard princesses. If you haven't noticed, every princess or princess candidate that still hasn't broken ranks from Zahard still wears heels. But when they stop following Zahard they take them off i.e Androssi, Anak, Garam, Elaine (Kaiser). Notice Yuri hasn't yet gotten rid of her heels, and Garam's words in the chapter were just as much for her as they were for Androssi. Yuri was initially drawn to Baam because he can change the tower while Androssi actually cares for him. Yuri may care for him now, but it wasn't the original intent.

I like Urek's thoughts here as well. I like the arc ends on a more down note without a real resolution. A savior doesn't come in and fix everything, even if they take out the "villain".

It also seems like Baam may go back into the Rice Pot before going to the hidden floor in order to prepare for his showdown the young Zahard. I wonder if White will fight young Arie Hon or if they'll let Boro shine and fight him. Either way, pretty excited for his arc where we may see the old/current leaders of the tower vs. the future leaders.

SIU's blog post:
This week...

Hmm... well, the Floor of Death arc has ended. This chapter was basically the wrap up of an arc. ^^. And setting up anticipation for the next chapter/arc perhaps? I can talk more freely now that the arc is over, and I can say that Joe's story and the Gran clan's story, all part of the Floor of Death story, was an arc I wanted to make with the theme of "Spiritual death". Although all beings in the Floor of death are immortal (tn: lit deathless), but in exchange for immortality they lack what Urek describes as "The instinct of all life to head where it is wider, above others". Hockney was a pure individual... who still had that instinct. For Joe, his once-pure instinct had become corrupted from one incident. Perhaps Joe's instinct and Hockney's instict may have been different in nature.

I thought that perhaps that we too have the "dead instinct" described here. I mean, I did name Hell Joe Hell Joe for a reason (tn: Hell Joseon, which is a blanket Korean meme to point out all social problems in Korea).

I think the reason for the disappearance of human instinct for facing challenges and adventures is not the fault of an individual but societal and inevitable reasons. "A society where effort means nothing" or "A society only for the top percent", or "A society where there is unchecked authoritarian or religion"... As I know it (for I haven't died yet), a truly dead world/society is one where a great obstacle or fear killed "instinct and passion".

Well, I said it like it was some big thing, but this is really just a story of the world from my perspective from my level. I hope you guys take it lightly. It was intentional that neither Urek nor Baam could save the Floor of Death in this arc, and Garam wanting the Floor of Death staying as is can put her has a hypocrite, but I believe that people like Joe and Hockney would come into being in the future. Of course, if they become corrupted, they might become like Joe, but instead of an absolute figure cracking the egg, it should be the society cracking the eggshell from the inside out. That's what I think at least.

I thought about drawing out the Floor of Death Epilogue or pushing it aside for later, and I decided later would be better. So the Floor of Death story isn't quite complete yet ^^;

Last episode of Boku no Hero was dope!!
I'm really digging this one anime. I dig the pace of it so far lol.

This week's episode of My Hero Academia was great. I love seeing Stain put in work. He's such a great villain. :pimp:

And Endeavor is a great hero when he's not being the worst father ever. :lol:

Of course we know who the actual worst is. Never forget... :frown:

09e9e91b389e112f2c9d39aab95851fc96964447_hq.gif

Last edited:
I'm guessing this isn't the last we see of Stain? His story seems like there's more to it, but this would've been a great time to just kill that ___ and avoid any potential future headaches :lol:

The Crunchyroll anime marathon started today on twitch. They currently have Mob Psycho 100 on right now. :pimp:

I've been watvhinh some of it. Although I really have issues with some of the garbage shows they chose, watching Bungo stray dogs and relife again has been a treat. They are such great shows that don't get a ton of play. Bungo stray dogs season 2 was probably the best xmen media were gonna get anytime soon. And ReLife is peak sol/ school/ romance

Back
Top Bottom