The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

oh I must have misread the subtitles lmao or interpreted it wrong

Anyway

Endeavor is badass lol
And my hero continues to become one of the most exciting anime I've watched

AS MUCH AS THEY MAKE ENDEAVOR A JACKASS, I FIND IT HARD FOR ME TO HATE ON HIM WHEN HE DOES BAD *** S**** LIKE THIS PAST EPISODE. HE MAY EVEN BE SLIGHTLY OP. I MEAN DUDE WAS MELTING EVERYTHING AWAY AND SCALING WALLS WITH HIS MELTED FOOTSTEPS :wow:

Bruh. Dude threw fire balls and fire spears, and heated up to blue flames..
Sheesh lol. In terms of quirk his definitely looks cooler than All Might's

Bruh. Dude threw fire balls and fire spears, and heated up to blue flames..
Sheesh lol. In terms of quirk his definitely looks cooler than All Might's
All Mights movies have cooler names though

Attachments

• IMG_2720.PNG
    IMG_2720.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
Tower of God

I like Urek telling Baam not to lose himself to the machinations or happenings of the tower, since as an irregular he's "above" them or at least not a part of them. Baam is still really impressionable, and it's definitely not clear who has his best interests in mind versus who just wants to use him, even Urek. I'm hoping Baam goes and sees the God of Guardians again.

I wonder when Wangnan is going to see Karaka's ring and get his own ring back.

Seems like Androssi is going to have some development coming up and will have to come to terms with her status and her other relationships of what's important. Seems like Yuri may have to do something similar when she heard Baam mention that his parents were enemies of Zahard.

The pink girl I wonder if he family leader wants her to get the same item that Gustang wants Baam to collect.

This Baam/Rachel relationship is so weird. Like you can understand it, but at the same time you wish he'd be a bit more cold hearted and cut her off completely. I think the issue here, in this specific case, is he made a promise that he and Rachel would compete for the thorn. Technically he won, but since he didn't "save" the people on the floor of death he doesn't feel like its earned. I wonder if he feels that keeping the thorn will separate him from Rachel further, maybe? She's like a mother/sister figure to him and he feels he owes her from their time outside the tower, but doesn't realize how much he's given her already. But he also doesn't know the full extent of Rachel, such as cutting Dan's legs, killing Arkraptor, having a real relationship with FUG. She's supposed to be defying fate and claims fate gave Baam her destiny, but her association with Baam has given her so much, such as admittance into the tower when he opened the door for her and an ability to climb the tower because she served a use for FUG, thanks to Baam. There's a lot going on there. But Baam should feel that using his favor to save her life should be good enough exchange for the thorn, but you already know she won't be thankful.

2 thorns plus the addition of Red Thyrssa will be wild. I think he's just holding off on using the 2nd thorn until he goes to the hidden floor and probably has to face off with the young versions of the family heads.

I'm pretty interesting in Hockney's plot lines too.

I guess Gustang was speaking with either Headon or Yu Han Sung about giving Rachel a "gift". I hope it backfires on her due to her lack of skill.

SIU's blog post:
This chapter... we have a new arc starting.

Last week, the Preview Edition upload just went straight so it was misprinted as there being a break this week ^^;; There's no break here. Sorry about the confusion. This arc will be a in-between arc to the next one... yes. Since the previous chapters were pretty intense, we'll be going at a rate that invokes quiet before the storm. Since Tower of God has multiple long-term plots proceeding simultaneously due to the nature of the story, I try to go through the arcs as quickly as possible rather than trying to stretch out the arcs. Of course, I add more content to detail the story as needed... I struggle a lot, but perspective from there can be divisive as well... I do pay attention to the matter.

Well, this arc centers on the attitudes and change in relationships among the Regulars for the first time in a while, so we'll see a lot of description on the Regulars we haven't had in a while. After all, the focus of the webtoon is on the Regulars, not the Rankers ^^; So characters like Androssi or Rachel will have stories you guys will look forward too, hopefully.

Recently (actually always) I thought about how I can do long term uploads in a stable manner. Uploading brings competition, and since the market is so volatile, long term works tend to become formulaic... And to experiment and venture out, I'm getting old and the work ages as well.... it's hard ^^; There's a lot I can do, but I worry if I can do it well. I always hope that I can always be decisive about it as I was at first. Fantasy after all should be... beckoning a spirit of adventure, in my opinion.

Next week should show us more waves hitting the story. Since the next arc is also a fairly important and content-rich story, I hope you guys are excited about this bridge arc as well.

Well, have a good week, stay healthy, and I'll see you next week.

Thank you^^

LOL! Oh man!

I don't read the manga :lol:
Now, in my defense All Might has already stated in the anime that once One for All is passed on, the previous owner gradually loses its power until it is all gone. Also in my defense, that picture Blake posted is the exact moment he retires, so at least he went out with a bang. :lol:

Dude gets way to many passes on his shortened work schedule

The whole magazine is on break for Obon Festival next week. It's a holiday to honor one's ancestors. Golden week was in April.

Here are the scheduled Jump breaks:
  • First week of January (New Year Holiday)
  • Last week of April (Golden Week)
  • First week of August (Obon Festival)
  • Third week of December (Christmas Period)
Also, who gets too many passes? Oda? C'mon, he's been at it 20 years and puts out 39-40 chapters a year now, so 9 personal breaks and then Jump has 4 breaks. He mentioned that the breaks help keep his health up cause it gives him time to do more color spreads, exercise, see his family, travel a bit, work on side projects, so he appreciates Shuiesha for allowing him to take breaks now after so many years. They also, want him to take them so he doesn't have to go on extended hiatus and then they end up with another Togashi situation (https://hiatus-hiatus.rhcloud.com/) or having to move it to a monthly magazine like what was done for JoJo.

A lot of the people in that profession suck at taking care of themselves. Oda in particular feels like he likes he writes better when he doesn't sleep or eat and still chain smokes. I'd rather he take breaks and finish the series.

2013: 39 chapters (694-732)
No. of personal breaks: 9 (698, 701, 709*, 711, 715, 721, 725 & 729)
No. of WSJ breaks: 4 (694, 707, 717 & 732)
*After chapter 709, Oda took a two-week break in issues 26 and 27 due to being hospitalised for peritonsillar abscess.
2014: 39 chapters (733-771)
No. of personal breaks: 9 (737, 741, 744, 749*, 752, 761, 765 & 769)
No. of WSJ breaks: 4 (733, 745, 756 & 771)
*After chapter 749, Oda took a two-week break in issues 28 and 29 for his tonsil removal surgery.

2015: 39 chapters (772-810)
No. of personal breaks: 9 (775, 779, 783, 789, 794, 799, 803, 806 & 809)
No. of WSJ breaks: 4 (772, 784, 796 & 810)

2016: 40 chapters (811-850)
No. of personal breaks: 8 (816, 820, 825, 828, 831, 838, 842 & 845)
No. of WSJ breaks: 5 (811, 824, 835, 849 & 850)

2017: 23 chapters (851-873) so far:
No. of personal breaks: 6 (852, 856, 861, 865, 869 & 873)
No. of WSJ breaks: 1 (863)

http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=42229

The whole magazine is on break for Obon Festival next week. It's a holiday to honor one's ancestors. Golden week was in April.

Here are the scheduled Jump breaks:
  • First week of January (New Year Holiday)
  • Last week of April (Golden Week)
  • First week of August (Obon Festival)
  • Third week of December (Christmas Period)
Also, who gets too many passes? Oda? C'mon, he's been at it 20 years and puts out 39-40 chapters a year now, so 9 personal breaks and then Jump has 4 breaks. He mentioned that the breaks help keep his health up cause it gives him time to do more color spreads, exercise, see his family, travel a bit, work on side projects, so he appreciates Shuiesha for allowing him to take breaks now after so many years. They also, want him to take them so he doesn't have to go on extended hiatus and then they end up with another Togashi situation (https://hiatus-hiatus.rhcloud.com/) or having to move it to a monthly magazine like what was done for JoJo.

A lot of the people in that profession suck at taking care of themselves. Oda in particular feels like he likes he writes better when he doesn't sleep or eat and still chain smokes. I'd rather he take breaks and finish the series.

2013: 39 chapters (694-732)
No. of personal breaks: 9 (698, 701, 709*, 711, 715, 721, 725 & 729)
No. of WSJ breaks: 4 (694, 707, 717 & 732)
*After chapter 709, Oda took a two-week break in issues 26 and 27 due to being hospitalised for peritonsillar abscess.
2014: 39 chapters (733-771)
No. of personal breaks: 9 (737, 741, 744, 749*, 752, 761, 765 & 769)
No. of WSJ breaks: 4 (733, 745, 756 & 771)
*After chapter 749, Oda took a two-week break in issues 28 and 29 for his tonsil removal surgery.

2015: 39 chapters (772-810)
No. of personal breaks: 9 (775, 779, 783, 789, 794, 799, 803, 806 & 809)
No. of WSJ breaks: 4 (772, 784, 796 & 810)

2016: 40 chapters (811-850)
No. of personal breaks: 8 (816, 820, 825, 828, 831, 838, 842 & 845)
No. of WSJ breaks: 5 (811, 824, 835, 849 & 850)

2017: 23 chapters (851-873) so far:
No. of personal breaks: 6 (852, 856, 861, 865, 869 & 873)
No. of WSJ breaks: 1 (863)

http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=42229

Sigh here we go, people always caping for Oda because he makes a great manga. I am completely aware of Golden Week been reading manga for YEARS. Just because someone does something great does not mean I am going to excuse them for taking certain liberties. I work all year at my job and have 4 weeks of vacation so I am not sympathetic at all of his 9 weeks off. After performing a job or having a career for that long you need to delegate some of your responsibilities otherwise deal with the repercussions. If I go out drinking every night and get home late every night, whose fault/problem is that. My boss or my own problem.

Just got into Attack on Titan. It started off so slow but once I got past the first 3 episodes it picked up. It is pretty good. It sucks that I already know what the twist is since my coworker showed me a major plot twist on YouTube but it still has my attention.

I can't seem to get into Boruto for whatever reason it just doesn't have my attention. Idk if it's because they are still kids and the action isn't as good until they get super strong or because the story is just boring to me but then again I only watched the first episode and stopped so idk maybe it gets better?

Sigh here we go, people always caping for Oda because he makes a great manga. I am completely aware of Golden Week been reading manga for YEARS. Just because someone does something great does not mean I am going to excuse them for taking certain liberties. I work all year at my job and have 4 weeks of vacation so I am not sympathetic at all of his 9 weeks off. After performing a job or having a career for that long you need to delegate some of your responsibilities otherwise deal with the repercussions. If I go out drinking every night and get home late every night, whose fault/problem is that. My boss or my own problem.

Fair enough. But let's say you worked at your job for 15-20 years and during this time you were consistently the top performer. Your company wants you to be able to continue performing consistently for another 10 years or so. They offer you more time off in order to do so, it's a benefit to them and you. Are you gonna turn it down?
Performance has typically afforded employees certain luxuries and benefits. In this case, doing something great does allow these authors to take certain liberties.

I really don't mind any of these creators taking more time off if they can, especially if it helps prevent extended breaks, the series going unfinished, or just having an irregular schedule. We joke about Togashi, but his health issues are well known. Idk why Miura takes so many breaks. I know Hara who writes Kingdom takes a lot of breaks, Inoue has had a super irregular schedule for Vagabond and Slam! and seems to have abandoned Vagabond after starting the last arc. So with situations like that, more people are willing to forgive Oda and give him passes, since he is still putting out chapters consistently.

No need to go back and forth on this unless you want to, it's just my perspective.

Just got into Attack on Titan. It started off so slow but once I got past the first 3 episodes it picked up. It is pretty good. It sucks that I already know what the twist is since my coworker showed me a major plot twist on YouTube but it still has my attention.

I can't seem to get into Boruto for whatever reason it just doesn't have my attention. Idk if it's because they are still kids and the action isn't as good until they get super strong or because the story is just boring to me but then again I only watched the first episode and stopped so idk maybe it gets better?
Yeah, Titan is good I love the subtle twist they throw in from time to time. Naw I don't even try and watch Boruto, not getting invested in that world again.
Fair enough. But let's say you worked at your job for 15-20 years and during this time you were consistently the top performer. Your company wants you to be able to continue performing consistently for another 10 years or so. They offer you more time off in order to do so, it's a benefit to them and you. Are you gonna turn it down?
Performance has typically afforded employees certain luxuries and benefits. In this case, doing something great does allow these authors to take certain liberties.
I will certainly take the job, however, I will make sure the necessary work gets done by hiring competent people to do things when I'm away. The goal is to work yourself out of being the central point of failure.

Reactions: Ube
I haven't picked up Boruto either. lol. Something about it is just ehh..

Maybe I feel like it should have just ended after the big fight with the Rikudo's mom and then Naruto getting married :lol:

Reactions: Ube
Back
Top Bottom