The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I love Dr. Stone.
Senku is a goddamn freak. :lol:
The whole cast is great in general.
To go from the iron age to making a tank is nuts though. :lol:

As for SnS, I'm holding out hope that it will bounce back. I was expecting a lull after the action packed Regiment de Cuisine, but all this unexpected plot is not really doin much for me. I appreciate the most recent Sorina developments though. :lol:

Yeah Senku is great. It's just a fun series all around, but especially the inventions.

SnS, the end of the RdC, was very rough, but I could live with it outside of how they places Erina and Souma afterwards. But since then the mangaka seems a bit lost or is trying way too hard and the series is suffering for it.

Interview between Oda and Horikoshi (My Hero Mangaka)
Last part of the interview continues in the reddit comments.

Who you got in a fight:

Saitama or Gang Ryong?

Saitama because he has plot armor. :lol:
Gang has been injured before, which means he can be killed unlike Saitama. :lol:
promised neverland final arc starting?
is it? It does kinda feel like it with the new antagonists that have been revealed, but I feel like there is at least one more arc before they return to the farm.

I just don't understand how Luffy be winning some of these fights

Watching ep 43 on this One Piece journey

Hmm you're at arlong park? There's not really a fight yet where he's been outmatched. The first fight where you should be wondering how he won is the first major arc of the series in the grand line. Luffy usually goofs off and doesn't go all out until he knows how strong his opponent is as well. The anime also makes a habit of making Luffy look a bit weaker than he's shown in the manga but idk if that's a thing this early in the series.

Keep watching though, lotta great stuff coming, especially when they hit the grandline.

Crocodile should have butchered Luffy. They weren't anywhere close in skill or raw power. But I hated Crocodile so much I didn't care.

Crocodile should have butchered Luffy. They weren't anywhere close in skill or raw power. But I hated Crocodile so much I didn't care.
Yeah definitely true. The one thing was different about them was mindset, which can be pretty big in One Piece. Croc was no longer hungry. Had been coasting, had that big fish in a small pond mentality, and by the last bout was just frustrated and had nothing left to fight for. Compared to Luffy who was super motivated. That's really the only way to explain it. But in Impel Down / Marineford, it looked like Croc had gotten his edge back and is motivated again.

Sidenote, cause I'm re-reading Skypeia. I still think Enel is the most overrated character in the series.

As an antagonist he's honestly very forgettable, but he was crazy strong. Just had a bad matchup in Luffy.

As an antagonist he's honestly very forgettable, but he was crazy strong. Just had a bad matchup in Luffy.

I like his character. I just don't think he's a strong as people think. Even with the bad matchup, there are plenty of characters now who can still handle him. Like I was watching this video where people were ranking their top 20 characters in the series. The lists were trash anyway, but people had him top 5 and top 10. I was so confused.

I like his character. I just don't think he's a strong as people think. Even with the bad matchup, there are plenty of characters now who can still handle him. Like I was watching this video where people were ranking their top 20 characters in the series. The lists were trash anyway, but people had him top 5 and top 10. I was so confused.

His devil fruit was just that damn good. The type of fruit in the right hands would be Admiral/Yonkou level.

True he's not top 5 or even 10 in strength in the series but that's just cause there are so many monsters in the manga.
Easily a Shichibukai level character he's still stronger than everyone in the worst generation that's not Luffy, Zoro or Blackbeard.

True he's not top 5 or even 10 in strength in the series but that's just cause there are so many monsters in the manga.
Easily a Shichibukai level character he's still stronger than everyone in the worst generation that's not Luffy, Zoro or Blackbeard.

I don't have him beating most of the worst generation post time skip, assuming he hasn't grown as a fighter while on the moon. Honestly I think if he returns from the moon Urouge will get to beat him. I think Urouge is from Birka, the sky island Enel was born on and destroyed and he wants revenge. Haki equalizes things too much when fighting him. He was getting tagged by a pre-gears Luffy, so with people being able to touch him and use haki as a shield to lessen the damage of his lightning or even evade it he's gonna have a tough time. He's like what Pekoms described, an overconfident logia who gets handled in the new world when they meet haki users. I don't think he's weak, I just don't have him rated as highly as most people it seems.

His devil fruit was just that damn good. The type of fruit in the right hands would be Admiral/Yonkou level.

Yeah it's a great fruit, but most good fruits in the right hands are pushing people high up the power rankings.

Im actually one of t those who believe Enel should easily be ttop 10
Op was in that transition period where things were starting to get more serious
and they didnt know orr explain haki at all.
Enel as you said was shown to be a lazy logia user. But the DF he had alome was powerful enough to make him shichibukai level at the time.
In my opinion he has potential to be a stronger Kizaru. Weve seen even haki users still be effected by the elements of the logias. Still cant escape fire or ice or wind or lightning.
So imagine if enel went to space and learned haki and learned to fight better. Remember he was still 2 piecing zoro up.
Theres no way he wouldn't be admiral level if he even knows a bit of Haki.
Plus his charachter design and the way he displayed his powers were just awesome too me.
Hes easily my top 3.
Kuzan
Enel
Raleigh / katakuri
In that order.

Im actually one of t those who believe Enel should easily be ttop 10
Op was in that transition period where things were starting to get more serious
and they didnt know orr explain haki at all.
Enel as you said was shown to be a lazy logia user. But the DF he had alome was powerful enough to make him shichibukai level at the time.
In my opinion he has potential to be a stronger Kizaru. Weve seen even haki users still be effected by the elements of the logias. Still cant escape fire or ice or wind or lightning.
So imagine if enel went to space and learned haki and learned to fight better. Remember he was still 2 piecing zoro up.
Theres no way he wouldn't be admiral level if he even knows a bit of Haki.
Plus his charachter design and the way he displayed his powers were just awesome too me.
Hes easily my top 3.
Kuzan
Enel
Raleigh / katakuri
In that order.

Is that top 3 favorite characters or top 3 strongest characters?

In theory Kizaru's fruit should be the better of the two and even without his fruit Kizaru should be very strong physically. All the admirals should be very strong physically then have the addition of their devil fruit.

It's fair to say he has a top 5 devil fruit, but he himself, even with the devil fruit isn't close to top 3, especially with all the monsters we've seen.

What are we defining as Shichibukai level, cause they range greatly from Buggy and Moriah all the way up to Mihawk. If we look at current and former shichibukai I got Law, Doflamingo, Mihawk, Kuma when he had consciousness, Boa, Jinbe, and maybe Croc after impel down over him. Maybe even Weevil. I think Enel could easily be a strong Shichibukai, but that only means so much current story wise.

As for the elements, haki can be used as a shield to lessen the effect of the lightning and we've seen top tier characters tank lightning. If he went to the moon, got strong haki, and improved his fighting skills then yeah he'll definitely move up. Till then, I got a lotta characters over him.

Watched Ninja Scroll and the series. Enjoyed it a lot but Jubei Da Gawd was too strong for all the villains and he ignored the women who wanted him.

Reactions: Ube
Enel would wash majority of the people in the One Piece universe introduced so far.

He only lost to Luffy because Luffy was his natural enemy as a rubber man.

Back
Top Bottom