The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

why did they change animation studio for the second season of OPM?
People are busy. In japan when your a top studio in demand, you get tons of work that you schedule ahead of time. If OPM isn’t ready to go with content when you are ready, sucks for them. Some studios like Pierrot that does Naruto and boruto work on the anime constantly. If your show has a set season of 12 eps then a hiatus, studios have to do other stuff

People are busy. In japan when your a top studio in demand, you get tons of work that you schedule ahead of time. If OPM isn’t ready to go with content when you are ready, sucks for them. Some studios like Pierrot that does Naruto and boruto work on the anime constantly. If your show has a set season of 12 eps then a hiatus, studios have to do other stuff

thanks for the info. hope the animation is still amazing with the new studio

Was there ever any plans to continue producing the Gangsta anime?
Well no. The studio that animated the first season of gangsta went bankrupt. The author of the manga, like Many other mangaka is in poor health and puts out chapters sparingly. Also gangsta isn’t super popular. So all of that equals highly unlikely.

It’s been 2 years now. You would need a bunch more chapters to be written, also a studio to take a chance on a second season of a show that premieres years earlier, when the alternative is to make a new moe or idol anime and make money.

I never thought of All for One as being defeated. It's like the Joker sitting in Arkham, you get the feeling he's there because he doesn't feel like being somewhere else right now.
Right? In some ways, most of this has gone according to All For One's plans (counting his contingencies). He purposely set things up so killing / capturing him would spur Shigaraki's psychological growth even further. That plan has turned out to be quite fruitful when you consider how Shigaraki handled the Chisaki situation.

I'm surprised anyone thinks the pacing of this is off. One For All is a very mysterious quirk that even its holders don't know 100% about. Per All Might's comments in the most recent chapter, Deku's experience with OFA doesn't fully mirror his own and we aren't even sure how this "Vestiges" sequence was initiated this time around. The first holder made a comment about Midoriya only being able to handle 20%, which explains why these sequences have been few and far between so far and foreshadows more learnings as Deku grows stronger. This manga is likely going to be around for ~15+ years (similar to Naruto) - the author isn't going to fully divulge the mysteries of arguably the most powerful quirk in the story within the first 100 chapters.

As far as overall pacing, this story has done an amazing job of bringing weight to the story without making every arc some world-ending scenario; the author has kept things fairly exciting even with relatively small events like the fight with Gentle through subtly communicating personal stakes and illustrating UA's collective progression toward becoming real pros. Given some of the initial legwork introducing pro heroes casually in previous events, we've also been able to see fights with real world impact that DON'T involve the main character (e.g. Hawks & Endeavor vs. Nomu), which allows us to enjoy an awesome fight with real consequences while not impeding our ability to suspend disbelief by throwing the UA camp into ANOTHER serious altercation. I've personally enjoyed the pacing in this manga much better than in OP, where there were tons of chapters that were setting up amazing moments but still felt almost filler-like. Time will tell if Horikoshi can keep up this balancing act.

This is like bad fan fic. I'm upset the series is going this week. Dude wrote 270 chapters and decided to throw out all the building blocks he had to work with for this.

Haikyuu has been shaping up nicely. Really enjoyed this chapter and looking forward to the rest of the match.

Dr. Stone was fun too. Looks like Senku might get a real challenge coming up.

One Piece
I thought the Orlumbus cover story was gonna lead somewhere after how long it was, but it just switched to Bellamy. Is he on one of Shank's islands too? I saw Shank's flag behind the windmill.

A lot of good character interactions and it's fun just having Luffy and Zoro. The joke about Luffy thinking if you're older you can eat poison food was great. I feel like Sanji might get to shine this arc since there's a country full of starving people. Fingers cross Robin gets some shine too. Though coming into the arc I figured Chopper would have some opportunities since it's a crew full of zoans. Which reminds me, I think Chopper and Robin are the only 2 crew members who never got their number chapters.

So before Oden was mentioned to be a Daiyamo, but now he apparently ruled the whole country? He traveled with Roger, which was a little over 20 years ago. Did he come back, rule for a bit, then get dethroned, but given a Daiymo position?

Seems like OKiku has been taking notes on Kaido's subordinates. I guess looking for opportunities to take them out? I hope she's strong and Oda doesn't disappoint with a poopr female character here. It looks promising so far.

This is like bad fan fic. I'm upset the series is going this week. Dude wrote 270 chapters and decided to throw out all the building blocks he had to work with for this.

Dr. Stone was fun too. Looks like Senku might get a real challenge coming up.

One Piece
I thought the Orlumbus cover story was gonna lead somewhere after how long it was, but it just switched to Bellamy. Is he on one of Shank's islands too? I saw Shank's flag behind the windmill.

A lot of good character interactions and it's fun just having Luffy and Zoro. The joke about Luffy thinking if you're older you can eat poison food was great. I feel like Sanji might get to shine this arc since there's a country full of starving people. Fingers cross Robin gets some shine too. Though coming into the arc I figured Chopper would have some opportunities since it's a crew full of zoans. Which reminds me, I think Chopper and Robin are the only 2 crew members who never got their number chapters.

So before Oden was mentioned to be a Daiyamo, but now he apparently ruled the whole country? He traveled with Roger, which was a little over 20 years ago. Did he come back, rule for a bit, then get dethroned, but given a Daiymo position?

Seems like OKiku has been taking notes on Kaido's subordinates. I guess looking for opportunities to take them out? I hope she's strong and Oda doesn't disappoint with a poopr female character here. It looks promising so far.
There has to be a reason this is happening. Maybe it's to build up sorina to be official? Having them as a legit couple would be an interesting dynamic.

I do wonder how Senku is gonna notice all those traps when they go in for the rescue. On a side note, plot armor cannot begin to describe what Senku has. :lol:

Robin will definitely get some shine. There has to be a reason she's been doing all that geisha training. Hopefully she has some kunoichi training as well.

Fr fr these dudes working themselves into terrible health all the time ****s crazy
Also like they don’t really see nearly anywhere the money that is being made. I mean aside from Oda, toriyama and togashi, maybe add kishimoto. Most of these mangaka ain’t nowhere as rich as they should be seeing the popularity of their series. The companies get all that money

There has to be a reason this is happening. Maybe it's to build up sorina to be official? Having them as a legit couple would be an interesting dynamic.

I do wonder how Senku is gonna notice all those traps when they go in for the rescue. On a side note, plot armor cannot begin to describe what Senku has. :lol:

Robin will definitely get some shine. There has to be a reason she's been doing all that geisha training. Hopefully she has some kunoichi training as well.

Food wars: I honestly think the author is panicking or something. How are volume sales or popularity? Either that or he's unsure of where to go. After the RdC there should have been some nice slow build and info on how Erina is reshaping the school and how Soma's progressed. I mean the way he ended the last arc, basically put him in a corner where I guess he felt he had to raise the stakes, but this is poorly done.

I just enjoy Senku and series doesn't take itself too seriously. The rate of how they make this stuff is ridiculous anyway. But Chrome will probably escape momentarily and they'll get to use the tank for something other than the rescue.

One Piece:
They said she's doing the training so she can get called to the Shogun's drawing room. Probably wants to get into the palace to look for the poneglyphs he and Kaido have. I think she'll shine in the sense of poneglyphs and history. Hoping she gets a real fight though.

Also like they don’t really see nearly anywhere the money that is being made. I mean aside from Oda, toriyama and togashi, maybe add kishimoto. Most of these mangaka ain’t nowhere as rich as they should be seeing the popularity of their series. The companies get all that money

Didn’t even think about this angle of it smh. Dudes need to go indepednet like some dudes in the music industry stopped signing to labels. Don’t know how that would work though for mangakas in japan to go independent from the companies

Didn’t even think about this angle of it smh. Dudes need to go indepednet like some dudes in the music industry stopped signing to labels. Don’t know how that would work though for mangakas in japan to go independent from the companies
Well that’d work in the west but Japan is kinda backwards like that. The companies have a lot of power over the creatives. There are things like web comics or novels and what not but to even get noticed your eventually gonna have to work with the manga publishers and anime studios to get your work out there and reaching a bigger audience. For example One punch Man and mob psycho 100 needed those anime’s to really propel the series to the world wide notoriety that they have now.

asked my 12 year old
good anime's to watch
he mentioned black clover
he started explaining it
and didnt seem interesting to me
as a person who isnt all that into anime
but an occasional watcher
how good is it

asked my 12 year old
good anime's to watch
he mentioned black clover
he started explaining it
and didnt seem interesting to me
as a person who isnt all that into anime
but an occasional watcher
how good is it
Black clover is by the books shounen. If you’ve seen Naruto or any other recent thing you’ve seen black clover. Having said that, I initially was like whatever but I actually ended up liking it because well, I like a good shounen show every now and then and I had free time.

Re watching the final fight of JoJo part 3 reminds me of why it's my favorite fight. Plus seeing the twitch chat react is great too. :lol: :pimp:

Is there another anime where a bad guy is the main character? The most recent ep of Overlord has characters getting killed, tortured, and enslaved.

Back
Top Bottom