The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I mean, at this point this development isn't even too crazy. Completely unnecessary IMO, but I can see why Tsukada would want to put a bow on the Asahi storyline. Either way, I wasn't expecting a truly satisfying ending to this manga after the last couple arcs, particularly since there are only three chapters.

I didn't expect a great conclusion, we're well past that, especially in 3 chapters. But Asashi is a truly awful character. Wasting panels on him and giving him this shallow and ridiculous redemption was completely unnecessary. He could have dove deeper into Jou's past or Soma's mom if that's what you want to use the chapter on. Or use the latter half to detail some of the side characters you threw away in the last arc. At a minimum the least he could do for the epilogue is give fans fanservice on the stuff they've wanted to see most or bring back the favorite side characters one more time. Instead we get this. So it's not unexpected or crazy, it's just another complete disappointment by Tsukada and it's a pretty stupid plot point. It should be expected though, he's obviously lost his touch at least when it comes to this series.

I didn't expect a great conclusion, we're well past that, especially in 3 chapters. But Asashi is a truly awful character. Wasting panels on him and giving him this shallow and ridiculous redemption was completely unnecessary. He could have dove deeper into Jou's past or Soma's mom if that's what you want to use the chapter on. Or use the latter half to detail some of the side characters you threw away in the last arc. At a minimum the least he could do for the epilogue is give fans fanservice on the stuff they've wanted to see most or bring back the favorite side characters one more time. Instead we get this. So it's not unexpected or crazy, it's just another complete disappointment by Tsukada and it's a pretty stupid plot point. It should be expected though, he's obviously lost his touch at least when it comes to this series.
Yep, sounds like we're on the same page, just that I had even lower expectations lol

Has Tsukada done anything prior to SnS? I saw earlier that you're waiting for Chainsawman to hit chapter 50 - let me tell you that you're in for a real treat with that one.

Just started Hunter x Hunter season 2. I’m curious what this Ren stance thing they introduced is. I see you guys discussing it above so it must be good.

Also is there a more obvious Phantom Troupe (what are they the Espada/Akatsuki of this universe?) member than Hisoka?

Yep, sounds like we're on the same page, just that I had even lower expectations lol

Has Tsukada done anything prior to SnS? I saw earlier that you're waiting for Chainsawman to hit chapter 50 - let me tell you that you're in for a real treat with that one.

He did a soccer manga that lasted 70 chapters called Shōnen Shikku. I've never read it, don't think any scanlators picked it up either.

bruce negro bruce negro speaking facts. Mereum character progression alone makes that arc top tier...let’s not even get into how side characters like ikalgo had meaningful beautifully written development...:smh:

If the anime returns and We get to see THAT fight it’s a wrap for these other anime :sick:

Manga readers y’all know what fight I’m talking about
What chapter does the anime end at?

AVDOL BYKE!!!!
I almost gave up on stardust crusaders. it's the same formula every ep.
going to egypt. travel plans interrupted...where is the stand user... here he is he's powerful...end of the ep we find a way to beat em. 19 episodes of this gets daunting.
waiting til they get to DIO. its def funny. but not liking the action so much right now

i put crunchy roll on my ps4, so i'll finish hunter x hunter by the Monday or so. i'll let yall know if my opinion changes.

the ads are kinda killing me. but at the same time its like a 4 min total inconvience. I do wanna subscribe to it, just trying to find someone to go 50/50 with me. if not i'll prob still get, jjust not til september when I have more time

Again may feel differently if I ever finish the chimera ant arc.

Yeah my guy, you really have to finish the arc. You really need to experience it all before you can fully comment.

Just started Hunter x Hunter season 2. I’m curious what this Ren stance thing they introduced is. I see you guys discussing it above so it must be good.

Also is there a more obvious Phantom Troupe (what are they the Espada/Akatsuki of this universe?) member than Hisoka?

Your whole life / worldview is about to change my guy.

Also, your comment kinda highlights what's special about HxH relative to other mainstream shounen - the Phantom Troupe are definitely one of the most powerful groups in the show, but they really don't play that role of "Really Bad Guys That Need To Be Defeated One by One" - they have their own objectives and do whatever they want. They don't really care about world domination or anything like that, they mostly just like to pull of jobs and get paid to do interesting things. They're more of a group of extremely powerful rogues than they are the Illuminati. You'll meet the rest of the Troupe in due time.

I fell off 1/4 of the way through the greed island arc. Should I finish it or go to chimera arc

If you're only 1/4 of the way (basically 3.5 episodes?) then you should really just watch it - there are some AMAZING moments there and it truly sets up the rest of the show with regard to nen usage.

What chapter does the anime end at?

Chapter 339: https://kissmanga.com/Manga/Hunter-x-Hunter/Hunter-x-Hunter---339?id=316689

might have to start watching this cause the intro ost is fire lol

Watched this in a weekend. Actually really good if you're a simp at heart.

the ads are kinda killing me. but at the same time its like a 4 min total inconvience. I do wanna subscribe to it, just trying to find someone to go 50/50 with me. if not i'll prob still get, jjust not til september when I have more time
I will give you my sign in as long as u can watch from 2 devices at once

I’ve been watching anime for so long on my iPhone 6( broke problems) and I just traded some ish for a tv so ima buy the hdmi adaptor and just plug my phone skrate into the tv. I bet it’ll be a lot better watching anime on there

Back
Top Bottom