The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

The chimera ant arc ended incredibly sad. I always sympathize with people like Meurum. and the Komungi part was sad.
not Hughes funeral level sad, but still sad.
Chimera Ant arc last incredibly too long tho. Could've cut about 30% out and it would've been perfect.
I was initially pissed about the Meurum v netero fight, but that ending made it wrap it quite nicely.

Gon San :pimp:

tumblr_n8rw7mPZP81t06ubmo1_500.gif

dr stone is about right where i stopped reading the manga and i think i might drop it. thought it might be better in anime form but i'm not feeling it

2 Hunter x Hunter questions
1. what chapter does the manga pick up after the show ends...
2. someone give me a break down of these power levels. they're making it seem like the zodiac could've beat at least the royal guards.
and my boy hisoka seems crazy powerful. but how strong is he? So does illumni. Why doesn't he try to fight Illumni if he is so worried about fighting people.

That whole “fake-out” from dr stone end of episode 4 and into 5 was SUPER corny and not believable and also not very scientific either

2 Hunter x Hunter questions
1. what chapter does the manga pick up after the show ends...
2. someone give me a break down of these power levels. they're making it seem like the zodiac could've beat at least the royal guards.
and my boy hisoka seems crazy powerful. but how strong is he? So does illumni. Why doesn't he try to fight Illumni if he is so worried about fighting people.
It starts at Vol 35.
You’ll have to read the manga to see about question 2.5

i'm going to be really real with you right now. HxH is super over-hyped as a whole. (I said AS A WHOLE)
the initial meet up and training arc was super boring.
Phanthom Troupe arc didn't really get good til the fights start happening.
The tower arc was...........ok.....i guess........
greed island was trash.....the only thing that wasn't trash was them training and the game towards the end.
I haven't finished Chimera Ant arc, but the beginning of it is crazy slow.

You seem pretty interested in this super over-hyped manga

I bought this tv a lighting iPhone to hdmi connector , and hdmi cord all separately. Was excited to watch fmab on nextflix. But the damn thing won’t play anything but Crunchyroll. So only can watch jojos and one piece and gotta watch fma on my phone.
Gonna try evangelion(so) too.
Anybody watch Elfen lied. I heard good things about it was thinking bout starting it

You seem pretty interested in this super over-hyped manga
I just watched 68 episodes in 9 days, i wouldn't call it interested in the sense of im happy abou tit. More invested and still have questions.

Just finished today. I still don't have it in my top 3. This Story def has more it can go through tho. and it gets very deep.

HUNTER X HUNTER IS GOAT SHONEN.

ANOTHER GOOD EPISODE OF DEMON SLAYER. ALSO DIDNT KNOW THAT IS IT WRONG TO TRY AND PICK UP GIRLS IN A DUNGEON STARTED BACK UP. GONNA GET ON IT AGAIN

hxh is mad overrated. the show fails when either hisoka/koropika/phantom troupe aren't there. it takes 35 episodes for this anime to start getting good. could've honestly skipped the first 40 episodes and started at the York New City Arc. This arc is so great, every episode is suspenseful and full of action.

Greed Island garbage arc, wish I never watched it. Dodgeball game was dope. Main villain, 'Bomber'... Worst main villain in anime EVER. Worse than General Blue from Dragon Ball. Note: Hisoka was at the Dodgeball game, of course something Hisoka-related would be the only good thing in this garbage arc.

Chimera Ant Arc:
Too long. Too many episodes showing the same sh over and over again. I don't need to see the same scene 5 times from 5 diff char's points-of-views, just move on with the story.

Mereum built up to be super strong King only for him to be humanized and only show off one move-set... flinging his tail to behead people. The last fight is literally him standing there and Neturo throwing all his combos at him. This gotta be the laziest effort at a villain ever. Ok we see his personality and his attitude and how he went from monster to monster-human but we're only shown ONE ATTACK!?!? His tail!?! THAT'S IT!!??? F that

Another BS thing:
Killua's needle in his head. Throughout the show we see this guy never backing down, yes he thinks things through, but he was never scared like they made him out to be in this dumb arc. They said that he should back down if he knows the enemies are stronger... that's weird because he knew the Phantom Troupe were way stronger than him and Gon (they even got captured once) and he still wanted to face them and was hyping Gon up to go against them...

And now here he is backing down and running away from this ugly Chimera Ant who is way weaker than those Phantom Troupe members... Illumi planted a needle in his head to scare him..... BS.

Other than that, it's pretty good. But out of like 150 episodes or whatever? I'd appreciate it way more if it got cut down to 70 episodes. It's unacceptable for an anime to get good 25-40 episodes in. There are whole animes that end in 25 episodes. Hisoka & Koropika + Phantom Troupe really carry the show for me. York New City one of my fav Arcs in any anime ever. Im never rewatching anything else other than that arc from HxH.

There's some crazy philosophical stuff sprinkled around in the show too. Parallels to Devil Man Crybaby and Attack On Titan.. Regarding life/death/monsters/humans/the right to live.

Killua's "sister" being his personal set of dragon balls to revive Gon was lowkey wack to me but it's w/e, I don't care enough for that to hold it against the show.

I read the manga after that, had to quit because it became a novel. PANELLLLLLLLS of just walls of texts with no drawings. Cant do that.

However, you get to see Ging in action, more Hisoka action, more Chrollo action, more Koropika action, and the mob king kids n their powers n etc.. all that is pretty cool. MUST-READ: a fight between two names I mentioned in this paragraph. Crazy fight. Cant wait to see it animated in 25 years.

Just watched an episode of akame ga kill. Was Dope. Gonna watch more now.
With demon slayer I can’t believe that they will stop at 24 episodes. We’re only 18 in and Have only seen one of the 12 “somethings” plus the character dynamic between the 3 main characters started at like what 14

hxh is mad overrated. the show fails when either hisoka/koropika/phantom troupe aren't there. it takes 35 episodes for this anime to start getting good. could've honestly skipped the first 40 episodes and started at the York New City Arc. This arc is so great, every episode is suspenseful and full of action.

Greed Island garbage arc, wish I never watched it. Dodgeball game was dope. Main villain, 'Bomber'... Worst main villain in anime EVER. Worse than General Blue from Dragon Ball. Note: Hisoka was at the Dodgeball game, of course something Hisoka-related would be the only good thing in this garbage arc.

Chimera Ant Arc:
Too long. Too many episodes showing the same sh over and over again. I don't need to see the same scene 5 times from 5 diff char's points-of-views, just move on with the story.

Mereum built up to be super strong King only for him to be humanized and only show off one move-set... flinging his tail to behead people. The last fight is literally him standing there and Neturo throwing all his combos at him. This gotta be the laziest effort at a villain ever. Ok we see his personality and his attitude and how he went from monster to monster-human but we're only shown ONE ATTACK!?!? His tail!?! THAT'S IT!!??? F that

Another BS thing:
Killua's needle in his head. Throughout the show we see this guy never backing down, yes he thinks things through, but he was never scared like they made him out to be in this dumb arc. They said that he should back down if he knows the enemies are stronger... that's weird because he knew the Phantom Troupe were way stronger than him and Gon (they even got captured once) and he still wanted to face them and was hyping Gon up to go against them...

And now here he is backing down and running away from this ugly Chimera Ant who is way weaker than those Phantom Troupe members... Illumi planted a needle in his head to scare him..... BS.

Other than that, it's pretty good. But out of like 150 episodes or whatever? I'd appreciate it way more if it got cut down to 70 episodes. It's unacceptable for an anime to get good 25-40 episodes in. There are whole animes that end in 25 episodes. Hisoka & Koropika + Phantom Troupe really carry the show for me. York New City one of my fav Arcs in any anime ever. Im never rewatching anything else other than that arc from HxH.

There's some crazy philosophical stuff sprinkled around in the show too. Parallels to Devil Man Crybaby and Attack On Titan.. Regarding life/death/monsters/humans/the right to live.

Killua's "sister" being his personal set of dragon balls to revive Gon was lowkey wack to me but it's w/e, I don't care enough for that to hold it against the show.

I read the manga after that, had to quit because it became a novel. PANELLLLLLLLS of just walls of texts with no drawings. Cant do that.

However, you get to see Ging in action, more Hisoka action, more Chrollo action, more Koropika action, and the mob king kids n their powers n etc.. all that is pretty cool. MUST-READ: a fight between two names I mentioned in this paragraph. Crazy fight. Cant wait to see it animated in 25 years.
Insaid this exactly 10ndays ago and got BLASTED for it. I agree 10000000% with you

With demon slayer I can’t believe that they will stop at 24 episodes. We’re only 18 in and Have only seen one of the 12 “somethings” plus the character dynamic between the 3 main characters started at like what 14
I loved akame ga kill. The manga ended a bit different than the anime but both still really good

I loved Akame Ga Kill! That anime hit me right in the feels! Keep watchin tho, you’re in for one hell of a ride!

Reactions: Ube
Yo akame ga kill so far is my idea of a perfect anime.
Likeable charaters with personality, but not too corny(i hate that)
Death, blood
Hot chicks (but not overly sexual to the point where it’s annoying,cliche)
Great graphics And unique art style
Some creatures/monsters

Any more stuff like this you guys know about? Similar to akame or demon slayer

Yo akame ga kill so far is my idea of a perfect anime.
Likeable charaters with personality, but not too corny(i hate that)
Death, blood
Hot chicks (but not overly sexual to the point where it’s annoying,cliche)
Great graphics And unique art style
Some creatures/monsters

Any more stuff like this you guys know about? Similar to akame or demon slayer

General Esdeath is the best.

Claymore is really good and the original Berserk is great but gets crazy at the end. More recent ones I like are Seven Deadly Sins, Shield Hero, Grancrest War, Castlevania. Goblin Slayer as well.

Last edited:
The chimera ant arc ended incredibly sad. I always sympathize with people like Meurum. and the Komungi part was sad.
not Hughes funeral level sad, but still sad.
Chimera Ant arc last incredibly too long tho. Could've cut about 30% out and it would've been perfect.
I was initially pissed about the Meurum v netero fight, but that ending made it wrap it quite nicely.
That Chimera Arc and especially how it ended cemented HxH as one of my favorite shows in general.

I'm currently at the final match in Yu Yu Hakusho's Dark Tournament arc. It didn't pull me in right away like HxH did but it became a lot more enjoyable towards the Dark Tournament arc. It's pretty great now.

That Chimera Arc and especially how it ended cemented HxH as one of my favorite shows in general.

I'm currently at the final match in Yu Yu Hakusho's Dark Tournament arc. It didn't pull me in right away like HxH did but it became a lot more enjoyable towards the Dark Tournament arc. It's pretty great now.
Really? Cuzz I’ve been at the tower for 6 months where the dude clones hisself and has flies turning people into zombies in the human world. Anyways pretty boring so far but I had high hopes because hXH is goat to me

So I decided to read the manga for Vinland Saga after watching the few episodes that are out right now and It's a pretty good manga. I quite like the Japanese take on Viking folklore.

So I decided to read the manga for Vinland Saga after watching the few episodes that are out right now and It's a pretty good manga. I quite like the Japanese take on Viking folklore.

Yeah I had to read a couple of chapters after the cliffhanger of episode 3 :lol:

Stopped after finishing up the backstory

Back
Top Bottom