The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Finally have some time to watch the Anime my friends keep recommending to me.

Watched Demon Slayer and The promised neverland. I really enjoyed both :nthat:

Damn my rec missed :frown: feelsbadman

what are some other anime films you like besides Your Name?
:lol: It’s all good man! It was decent, didn’t feel like I wasted 2 hrs. Just that i was expecting the anime to be drawn better but I guess they had to draw it like that since it’s about hacking into computers.

I haven’t been catching up with the newer anime’s, more of an old school style like Akira, Grave of the fireflies, etc. Trying to catch up...still waiting for Weathering with you to be released.

I remember seeing that back in freshman year of college lol. Yea it was just okay imo..

check out“the girl of leapt through time”.

if you like sad romantic anime, check out “5 cm per second”, prob in my top 3 anime movies of all time
I got that on my next to watch list. danger style danger style recommended a couple last time. A Silent Voice sounds good based on reading the plot.

Not really related to watching but just wanted to share some pics from Shibuya about 2 years ago on what they used at construction sites.

9CEAA346-1FB8-4F95-9903-FA96F1086C58.jpeg
402FA049-B262-436D-AABD-8FFE8CAE5EDF.jpeg
EC1B5288-38B4-4CDA-93D8-F022A0E5A8E7.jpeg
B4EB6EAF-E52E-41C3-B65C-420878E02E5E.jpeg
3B4A335B-BB16-401E-B2C9-DF3981165C1C.jpeg
7ACA1912-70A7-4DAD-AB91-0B8605C5C950.jpeg
0E40C0EB-2673-4B11-A099-78E8D6524D14.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some good new for these trying times. A new site launched where you can watch retro anime shows and movies

Here's some good new for these trying times. A new site launched where you can watch retro anime shows and movies
Love me some 80s anime but that lineup is looking weak :lol:

So what happens when you reach the top of the tower again? You get granted one wish?

If you get to the "top" which is floor 134 or 135 you get your wish granted and as a ranker you have high social status and live lavishly. You get in position for good jobs, but rankers still compete for higher rankings and better jobs and things like that if they want.

I haven't been in here in forever. Tower of God so good right now. So many great webtoons, Korea is really killing it right now.

Anyone checked out that Clannad series? Am I an insensitive person to think it’s over rated? Each stories seems incomplete too. I was waiting for it to hit me in the feels like what critics say it would but it never did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone checked out that Clannad series? Am I an insensitive person to think it’s over rated? Each stories seems incomplete too. I was waiting for it to hit me in the feels like what critics say it would but it never did.
Never watched, but did you watch Afterstory too? Supposedly that’s the one that will get your feels.

I binged Neon Genesis Evangelion this week; and I'm so glad it took me so many years to watch it. A few years ago I would've hated this. :lol: But since I've been studying the human ego, and the roots of anxiety and depression, (beforehand ironically) I fully understood this series and really really enjoyed it.

I went into this thinking it was a typical anime about giant robots and monsters, but kinda glad I was deceived. It's a breath of fresh air to see anime characters deal with human emotions and the consequences of suppressing them.

I binged Neon Genesis Evangelion this week; and I'm so glad it took me so many years to watch it. A few years ago I would've hated this. :lol: But since I've been studying the human ego, and the roots of anxiety and depression, (beforehand ironically) I fully understood this series and really really enjoyed it.

I went into this thinking it was a typical anime about giant robots and monsters, but kinda glad I was deceived. It's a breath of fresh air to see anime characters deal with human emotions and the consequences of suppressing them.
I first watched Evangelion when I was 7 years old. My brother got his hands on fansubbed VHS tapes of them around a year after it aired. It’s probably the anime that I’ve rewatched the most in my life :lol:

Have you peeped End of Evangelion yet?

I first watched Evangelion when I was 7 years old. My brother got his hands on fansubbed VHS tapes of them around a year after it aired. It’s probably the anime that I’ve rewatched the most in my life :lol:

Have you peeped End of Evangelion yet?
Not yet. I need a break from "the children". But I'll check it out later this month.

I remember watchin it when I was young and was confused the whole time. I recently rewatched it and enjoyed it more.

Watched End of Evangelion and all I gotta say is it left me “uncomfortable”

My boys watched End of Eva long before me in High School, and they said it made them cry. A couple years later I watched End of Eva with my brother. We were both so perplexed and out of it after watching the movie, we went to our rooms and went to sleep. I don't think either of us have watched it since.

All in all, I say watch it, but be prepared for some f'd up humanity at their worst type ish. I guess by today's television standards it's pretty subtle and tamed, but still prepare yourself.

Back
Top Bottom