The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

So accurate like why would you kill the other 16, also how did you get the poison from the first whale and give it to the other 16. You can't recall the poison once it kills the first whale. :rofl:
Greed Island is such trash though
Currently watching it must say it is not my favorite arc. Love the training and growth but the card aspect just takes me out of the game. I assume when it originally aired it was during the Pokemon trading explosion.

It was adventure.

To me it was just part showcasing how varied a Hunter's career path can be as far as what they choose to specialize in.

You can make a whole career out of just playing there.

Definitely wouldn't call it an extended Davy Back Fight arc :lol:

Hiatus joke aint even funny especially with where we are now.

**** reminded me of Death Note the way Light was trying to out think L :lol:
I get it is an adventure, but I would have preferred an RPG feel but without the cards. I have just given up with keeping track of the cards and just watching the story and fights. Perhaps have character stats or levels to keep track of while playing Greed Island instead of the cards. Going out fighting other gym owners or monsters to level up then come back to the town. Where they can unlock your potential from killing the monsters and gym owners. Kind of a mix of OG Pokemon and Beet The Vandel Buster.

Then that'll fulfill some rumor or something Oda said about a former villain being an ally to the crew.

Love Enel but I'd prefer Crocodile.
I always thought they were referring to Smoker joining.
Leaked One piece Netflix cast

Luffy - Max Charles (17) - Lion Guard, Strain & Harvey Beaks
https://www.instagram.com/maxcharles1/

Zoro - Mackenyu (24) - Rurouni Kenshin: Final Chapter, Jojo Unbreakable Diamond Part 1 & Chihayafuru flims
https://www.instagram.com/mackenyu.1116/

Nami - Taylor Richardson (19) - Rise, Slender Man & All Together Now
https://www.instagram.com/misstaylorrichardson/

Usopp - Marcus Scribner (21) - Black-ish, Grow-ish & She-Ra
https://www.instagram.com/marcusscribner/

Sanji - Alex Lange (20) - Red Ruby, The Unsettling & Code Black
https://www.instagram.com/alexlange/
Luffy one certainly misses and Nami obviously isn't going true to size in certain areas. Usopp choice is spot on, watching him in Blackish I could clearly see him as Usopp. I guess Sanji will be sucking on a lollipop instead of smoking a cigarette. Personally not interested after seeing the Bleach debacle.

I got the last couple of months waiting to be read.

I don't feel I'm in my most comfortable zone right now. I want to digest everything as slowly as possible, maybe even get a few whiskeys while reading to later hit the gym as I would be feeling pumped af after reading lol

Was on the same page. Got em lined up and mostly waited til I got home from the gym. Just a warning, it was difficult to space them out, the final arc ramps up real quick.

I mean neither dragonball nor one piece is specifically Asian only casts and even Oda described the cast as being non white. I do agree that some stuff shouldn’t be white washed but FMA, attack on titan and one piece are some of the few that actual don’t have specific Japanese only characters
Watching HXH and my wife joined and was like why do Japanese anime have so many characters drawn that don't look anything like them. I was like what do you mean, she said no person of Asian decent looks like the main character (Gon). Very few of them have the build of the mass murder who pushed Gon in the dodgeball match. I was stuck, then I started going through my mental rolodex of anime, Bleach guys weren't rocking orange hair before Ichigo. How many kids were rocking blonde hair before Naruto. Very few Asian women have large chests, however based off anime 80% of them are rocking double J or bigger.

Was on the same page. Got em lined up and mostly waited til I got home from the gym. Just a warning, it was difficult to space them out, the final arc ramps up real quick.

Final Arc is so damn good I could re red it before ending it all

Watching HXH and my wife joined and was like why do Japanese anime have so many characters drawn that don't look anything like them. I was like what do you mean, she said no person of Asian decent looks like the main character (Gon). Very few of them have the build of the mass murder who pushed Gon in the dodgeball match. I was stuck, then I started going through my mental rolodex of anime, Bleach guys weren't rocking orange hair before Ichigo. How many kids were rocking blonde hair before Naruto. Very few Asian women have large chests, however based off anime 80% of them are rocking double J or bigger.

I studied E Asian history as my major and heres my take on anime characters. This could be a stretch but its just my theory.

anime characters (in general) look nothing like Asians or sometimes even real life humans because Japanese animators are products of hyper individualism. they animate things to the extreme whether it be the story or the characters because Japan itself is a nation that is difficult to express individuality in many aspects. but that ends up making Japanese people in general even more expressive and creative in personal projects like anime, fashion, music, etc.

a famous quote in Japan is "the nail that sticks out gets hammered down"

its used to describe how hard it is to be unique in Japanese society due to the nature of its culture. Ironically, Japan is seen as one of the most unique and creative culture from the perspective of foreigners.

regarding attack on titan, the Japanese title is "shingeki no kyojin"

"shingeki" means "attack", but Japanese people rarely use this word. They use another word for "attack" but I forgot what the word was. Havent studied Japanese since college.

but "shingeki" also has another meaning. "shingeki" was also a type of theatre in Japan where Japanese actors would act out European stories and plays.

I think this is a play on the word "shingeki" for attack on titan because Isayama is obviously Japanese but he is telling a Japanese story but using European characters to tell it, just like how the traditional "shingeki" was using Japanese actors to tell a European story.

*kanye shrug*

I always thought they were referring to Smoker joining.
I can't see that happening if Smoker is really a man of principles like he's portrayed to be. His type of justice isn't going to allow him to be a pirate especially now that the story has introduced SWORD.

Always figured Oda was grooming Smoker to be the next Garp. Might team up with a pirate to fight a bad guy but that's as far as it goes.

Last edited:
So Black Clover ended and the storyline wasn't even finished. Guess they could continue in a few years if they wanted. It was announced there is going to be an animated movie but no info on what story it will have.

9e9039e8-f939-4310-b228-af4588b4e68a.jpg

9e9039e8-f939-4310-b228-af4588b4e68a.jpg
Nice but not familiar with this brand

I have a few of the Megahouse statues

My next target :nerd:

Last edited:
So Black Clover ended and the storyline wasn't even finished. Guess they could continue in a few years if they wanted. It was announced there is going to be an animated movie but no info on what story it will have.
Looking at it I don't get why they didn't stop before the time skip or leave it specifically on the cliffhanger when the captain's got taken hostage.

Back
Top Bottom